Took delivery on Sat... Here are my thoughts

Drakester

Cars
Touring
I won't go into the Lucid Financial issues. That is in another thread.

The car looked good in the studio where I signed off on everything but once I got it home I noticed some slight issues in direct sunlight. They had me take photos and they have already reached out for me to come in. Although the car had 24 miles I feel like maybe it was sitting outside waiting on a home for a while. It is super dirty in all the crevices.

I never test drove the car but the ride is really good. The initial acceleration when you slightly push the gas isn't as smooth as my Tesla. I can feel the difference. It isn't bad but the Tesla just feels smoother on initial contact with the pedal. Once you get rolling it is an amazing ride. I am not sure how they have the car geared but it has really good acceleration even at higher speeds. Almost feels like it has a second gear.

Dreamdrive pro is pretty underwhelming coming from a Tesla with FSD Beta but I knew that going in. It does stay centered in lanes that well and it always pulls to one side at entrance ramps but I am sure it will get better over time.

I know this is controversial on here but as an audio guy... Surreal Sound Pro kinda sucks. I mean if you find the perfect song on Tidal and its mixed right it sounds decent at best. When I think it sounds ok I hop back in my tesla and then I realize how bad the Lucid is. The Tesla sounds good on any song. Not just Atmos songs so the audio is so far the most disappointing feature.

I am only 250 miles in but I love the look. I love the luxury and I will be patient as more updates come in. I am not sure what can be done with the audio except go aftermarket.

Oh, I immediately took the aero covers off my 20s. I just think the car looks better without them as I wait on my Avant Garde 22s to be made.

I won't go into the Lucid Financial issues. That is in another thread.

The car looked good in the studio where I signed off on everything but once I got it home I noticed some slight issues in direct sunlight. They had me take photos and they have already reached out for me to come in. Although the car had 24 miles I feel like maybe it was sitting outside waiting on a home for a while. It is super dirty in all the crevices.

I never test drove the car but the ride is really good. The initial acceleration when you slightly push the gas isn't as smooth as my Tesla. I can feel the difference. It isn't bad but the Tesla just feels smoother on initial contact with the pedal. Once you get rolling it is an amazing ride. I am not sure how they have the car geared but it has really good acceleration even at higher speeds. Almost feels like it has a second gear.

Dreamdrive pro is pretty underwhelming coming from a Tesla with FSD Beta but I knew that going in. It does stay centered in lanes that well and it always pulls to one side at entrance ramps but I am sure it will get better over time.

I know this is controversial on here but as an audio guy... Surreal Sound Pro kinda sucks. I mean if you find the perfect song on Tidal and its mixed right it sounds decent at best. When I think it sounds ok I hop back in my tesla and then I realize how bad the Lucid is. The Tesla sounds good on any song. Not just Atmos songs so the audio is so far the most disappointing feature.

I am only 250 miles in but I love the look. I love the luxury and I will be patient as more updates come in. I am not sure what can be done with the audio except go aftermarket.

Oh, I immediately took the aero covers off my 20s. I just think the car looks better without them as I wait on my Avant Garde 22s to be made.
For audio not sure if you are playing Tidal Dolby Atmos tracks but it makes a world of difference and I couldn't figure out how to play them for awhile. I had to use the phone or web app to create new playlist and then search for dolby atmos tracks and add to the playlist. I could then play that list in the car. The Master tracks are not as good and listening to dolby atmos tracks in the lucid is one of the best audio experiences I've heard. My wife is a muscian and agrees. Blows my old model s out of the water as far as being immersed instead of just vibrated by a subwoofer.

Do you have the risk Tidal settings set up correctly to enable HiFi audio? It's under the Tidal app settings.

For audio not sure if you are playing Tidal Dolby Atmos tracks but it makes a world of difference and I couldn't figure out how to play them for awhile. I had to use the phone or web app to create new playlist and then search for dolby atmos tracks and add to the playlist. I could then play that list in the car. The Master tracks are not as good and listening to dolby atmos tracks in the lucid is one of the best audio experiences I've heard. My wife is a muscian and agrees. Blows my old model s out of the water as far as being immersed instead of just vibrated by a subwoofer.
I'm sure I'm doing it correctly. It says Atmos on the screen. Some songs sound really hollow. The non Atmos ones. Some Atmos songs sound good. One fav is gin and juice by snoop dog. But for the most part my personal preference I don't care for the audio. Especially for a car that says it has 20+ speakers.

I found that Atmos sounds a lot better not in the drivers seat.

Also, people’s desire for deep bass varies a lot and can result in drastically different opinions about the sound system.

I found that Atmos sounds a lot better not in the drivers seat.

Also, people’s desire for deep bass varies a lot and can result in drastically different opinions about the sound system.
I agree with that. I have to have the volume at about 80-90% for a good volume. Sometimes I have it maxed out. I'd never max out the Tesla ,it gets way loud.

Goong to listen to some Atmos playlist I found in another thread... Bad thing is a lot of music I like isn't in Atmos but it's all good. Not a deal breaker.

I agree with that. I have to have the volume at about 80-90% for a good volume. Sometimes I have it maxed out. I'd never max out the Tesla ,it gets way loud.

Goong to listen to some Atmos playlist I found in another thread... Bad thing is a lot of music I like isn't in Atmos but it's all good. Not a deal breaker.

Not sure what kind of music you like but I would recommend these to start:

Great mixes to hear awesome sound effects . Even if you don’t like these songs, you may after listening in Atmos.

Tusk by Fleetwood Mac, a brilliant classic rock song
It’s Get Better by Swedish House Mafia, great house music
Boom by Tiesto, fantastic trance song.

There are .many others but I think these are so fun

Not sure what kind of music you like but I would recommend these to start:

Great mixes to hear awesome sound effects . Even if you don’t like these songs, you may after listening in Atmos.

Tusk by Fleetwood Mac, a brilliant classic rock song
It’s Get Better by Swedish House Mafia, great house music
Boom by Tiesto, fantastic trance song.

There are .many others but I think these are so fun
Thanks. I will check em out. I guess my point is this is the first car that I had to listen to a certain song in a certain format for the sound system to shine. Other cars it just sounds good no matter what you listen to.

It's not a deal breaker, in my opinion it just doesn't sound like what an upgraded sound system should sound like.

Thanks. I will check em out. I guess my point is this is the first car that I had to listen to a certain song in a certain format for the sound system to shine. Other cars it just sounds good no matter what you listen to.

It's not a deal breaker, in my opinion it just doesn't sound like what an upgraded sound system should sound like.

I understand where you are coming from. I think the system was maximized for Atmos. In that format, I am constantly in awe. In tidal master quality or with Apple Lossless, I think it sounds good and sometimes great but I will confess , some tracks could use a bit more bass or power. That being said, I found a comfortable listening volume for long trips and I am very happy with it. When I want to blast tracks I go to Atmos and I get a rush of adrenaline , because it’s sounds so phenomenal to me. I think you will enjoy it.
Atmos mixes are more prevalent with hip hop and contemporary music. Good luck and enjoy the car, it is awesome!!

This is one of my top requests for an OTA -- fix the Tidal app!!

Dreamdrive Pro may leave you decidedly unimpressed, but one thing it’ll never do is leave you wondering if you’re going to get rear-ended in that instant because it spooked itself into pulling that “Tesla phantom braking”-thing. In nine months and 16,000 miles of driving my Lucid I have never once had an instance of “phantom braking”. In this one particular area, Lucid’s Highway Assist beats Tesla’s “Enhanced Autopilot” on the highway. In any case, in its current state I find that I don’t use Tesla’s FSD Beta at all on city streets.

I won’t disagree with you about the merits of Surreal Sound Pro. I agree that the Lucid’s combined 21 speakers sound weaker than the 12 in our Model X and Model S. In my Lucid I make sure to choose Tidal DOLBY ATMOS for the best sounding tracks but even then all I do is shrug my shoulders and wonder what the fuss is all about. But then again, the Tesla’s richer sound system can only fully heard when the car is stationary and I’m listening in my garage. Tesla’s better sounding audio is completely lost on me once underway at speeds of 25 mph and over. So much road noise comes in that you really can’t enjoy it. This is particularly the case in our Model X where that capacious cabin acts as a resonating chamber for road noise, wind noise and every squeak and rattle under the sun. Part of this of course is built into the design of a CUV-type vehicle, because our Model S is quieter. Not as quiet as the Lucid by any means, but quieter.

I’ll take Lucid’s better build quality, greater attention to addressing NVH, and overall greater comfort, over Tesla’s superior audio system any day.

This is one of my top requests for an OTA -- fix the Tidal app!!
Yes, 2 requests I have that I'm sure others have mentioned are play the same playlist that was playing and play the highest quality recording available of a track by default.

Yes, 2 requests I have that I'm sure others have mentioned are play the same playlist that was playing and play the highest quality recording available of a track by default.
And show us if the album/track is the clean or explicit version. My Mom and in-laws don't care for the language in explicit tracks and there's no way to tell which version via the app in the car. 🙄🙄

Dreamdrive Pro may leave you decidedly unimpressed, but one thing it’ll never do is leave you wondering if you’re going to get rear-ended in that instant because it spooked itself into pulling that “Tesla phantom braking”-thing. In nine months and 16,000 miles of driving my Lucid I have never once had an instance of “phantom braking”. In this one particular area, Lucid’s Highway Assist beats Tesla’s “Enhanced Autopilot” on the highway. In any case, in its current state I find that I don’t use Tesla’s FSD Beta at all on city streets.

I won’t disagree with you about the merits of Surreal Sound Pro. I agree that the Lucid’s combined 21 speakers sound weaker than the 12 in our Model X and Model S. In my Lucid I make sure to choose Tidal DOLBY ATMOS for the best sounding tracks but even then all I do is shrug my shoulders and wonder what the fuss is all about. But then again, the Tesla’s richer sound system can only fully heard when the car is stationary and I’m listening in my garage. Tesla’s better sounding audio is completely lost on me once underway at speeds of 25 mph and over. So much road noise comes in that you really can’t enjoy it. This is particularly the case in our Model X where that capacious cabin acts as a resonating chamber for road noise, wind noise and every squeak and rattle under the sun. Part of this of course is built into the design of a CUV-type vehicle, because our Model S is quieter. Not as quiet as the Lucid by any means, but quieter.

I’ll take Lucid’s better build quality, greater attention to addressing NVH, and overall greater comfort, over Tesla’s superior audio system any day.
I agree with taking the Lucid over the Tesla overall and I would still get the Lucid but probably not the $4000 stereo upgrade although I wonder how the non-surreal pro systems sound.

Anything app/software related I am giving Lucid a pass because I researched all I was losing before purchasing but I do hope some things come to the apps sooner than later.

@Neurio has discovered if you pause the song you are listening to before exiting, it will keep the place and the playlist you were listening to when you return.

Back