Tom Moloughney Range Test

This type of test is really what I've been waiting for. 1/4 mile times and acceleration is cool, but anything faster than an 11 second 1/4 mile or 0-60 under 3 seconds is getting insane. For me the Lucid is all about a high level of performance and luxury, but game changing range.

As stated above anything in the upper 400's would be incredible. That would be double the range of my Taycan and nearly 50% more than a Tesla Model S.

Tomorrow will be the day on the podcast I'll hear a verdict that will make @Bill55 and my cross country trips less anxious.

Tom posted that the average flying time from EWR to LHR is 6:52. So, we're looking at 490+ miles? That'd be okay. :)

If it comes in around that range then that's impressive given winter isn't friendly to EV's. It means in summer it will come extremely close to EPA if not over. The suspense is killing me !!!! :D

If it comes in around that range then that's impressive given winter isn't friendly to EV's. It means in summer it will come extremely close to EPA if not over. The suspense is killing me !!!! :D

Tom mentioned the test was in Arizona and temps were 50s and 60s. So that might be pretty close to ideal temps.

This is the edmunds top 10. Haven't tested Lucid yet. I am curious if they outperform or underperform EPA.

Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 1.34.20 PM.png

Most likely originating in Casa Grande with @Paladin732 DE

I am curious what route he took. It may have some elevation changes.

In his 70-mph range tests Moloughney drives the car down to about 50% charge then turns around and drives back the same way he came. This should largely neutralize the effects of terrain and elevation changes.

In his 70-mph range tests Moloughney drives the car down to about 50% charge then turns around and drives back the same way he came. This should largely neutralize the effects of terrain and elevation changes.
He said on Twitter he was driving a 110 mile loop

It's so funny seeing all the Tesla "Fanbois" trying to discredit his efforts on his Twitter feed before it even comes out. They really do not like to see their baby outperformed.

It's so funny seeing all the Tesla "Fanbois" trying to discredit his efforts on his Twitter feed before it even comes out. They really do not like to see their baby outperformed.
That's because they are morons. I own a Tesla, and I think their cars a junk. It's like driving a golf cart. Cool at first, until you realize it is missing most of the features you expect in a car. Those morons think their car is the pinnacle of luxury, technology and range. Because they have blinders on.

He said on Twitter he was driving a 110 mile loop

I guess the range of the Lucid would have made the "there and back" procedure untenable. (And, now that I think about it, it might be Nyland, that guy in Norway, who does the "50% out" loops.) But the 110-mile loop would still help even out the effects of terrain and elevation changes.

I've cleared the decks this morning to watch the podcast. Should be interesting . . . and also interesting to watch fanboy hair catch fire as the comments unfold. I just wonder how long it will take Warren Redlich to put out his video attacking Moloughney, Lucid, science, reason, facts, and all things non-Musk.

I guess the range of the Lucid would have made the "there and back" procedure untenable. (And, now that I think about it, it might be Nyland, that guy in Norway, who does the "50% out" loops.) But the 110-mile loop would still help even out the effects of terrain and elevation changes.

I've cleared the decks this morning to watch the podcast. Should be interesting . . . and also interesting to watch fanboy hair catch fire as the comments unfold. I just wonder how long it will take Warren Redlich to put out his video attacking Moloughney, Lucid, science, reason, facts, and all things non-Musk.
He did already when Tom did the charging test.

okay. I'm anxiously awaiting the final result from whoever watched this podcast. Is it 404 like I read earlier or some other number?

He did already when Tom did the charging test.

Yep, I saw that one. However, he's been mysteriously (suspiciously?) quiet since as the complimentary reviews have come out from Leno, DeMuro, "Throttle House", and "Drag Times."

I've been wondering if, after months of claiming the Lucid factory was a fake publicity stunt that would never produce a car, he might have figured that he predicted the end of the world one time too many. But it's Redlich, and he still needs to keep pushing that Tesla march . . . so maybe not.

okay. I'm anxiously awaiting the final result from whoever watched this podcast. Is it 404 like I read earlier or some other number?

The podcast starts in 15 minutes.

Back