Time Between Confirmed Order & DA Reach Out?

rbbarry

How long does it take from the time you confirm you order and when the delivery advisor reaches out? I confirmed Tuesday but heard nothing from a DA.

Maybe has changed now that things seem to be moving much faster, but for me, it was about 4-5 weeks. But I confirmed in mid-December and there really wasn't anything to tell me. Even when he did reach out there wasn't much there. But with VINs coming much faster now, I suspect you won't wait as long.

Out of curiosity, how does the financing etc work when you confirm your order. Do they expect the full payment of the vehicle when you confirm? Is there a larger deposit required? Is the full sum due at delivery? How did all that work??

When I confirmed in mid February, it was within a week

You don't need to pay for the whole vehicle until you get it. Only the deposit becomes nonrefundable once the order is confirmed. In California you can pay for delivery with a cashiers check when you pick up your car.

Yes, Every time you bother them they add a month to your order….
giphy.gif

How long does it take from the time you confirm you order and when the delivery advisor reaches out? I confirmed Tuesday but heard nothing from a DA.
I confirmed my order on 3/2/2022. I contacted the sales office on 3/17 about some unanswered questions from an earlier call and the first thing he asked me was if I had been contacted by my DA. Told him no and that he would contact the DA group. In less than an hour my assigned DA sent me an email to set up a call. I set up a call for later in the day for a 15 min. discussion. This scenario left me with the impression that someone had dropped the ball on my DA assignment. Lesson learned: If you haven't been contacted by your DA after a week or two then contact your SA and ask about your DA assignment and welcome discussion. They may have forgotten about you as they apparently did with me.

Do I need a DA if I know that my car won't be built for at least three months?

I confirmed my order on 3/2/2022. I contacted the sales office on 3/17 about some unanswered questions from an earlier call and the first thing he asked me was if I had been contacted by my DA. Told him no and that he would contact the DA group. In less than an hour my assigned DA sent me an email to set up a call. I set up a call for later in the day for a 15 min. discussion. This scenario left me with the impression that someone had dropped the ball on my DA assignment. Lesson learned: If you haven't been contacted by your DA after a week or two then contact your SA and ask about your DA assignment and welcome discussion. They may have forgotten about you as they apparently did with me.
Helpful, thanks! I'll reach out Monday if I do not hear anything.

Did you confirm your order or just reserved it so far?
I confirmed it a few days ago. I spec'd 20" wheels, so it will be a while.

I confirmed it a few days ago. I spec'd 20" wheels, so it will be a while.
A DA should contact you within a couple of days if they are doing their job properly.

I ordered this week (3/30) and heard from a DA today (4/1) just two days after ordering

I heard from the SA by email the same day I confirmed. The DA reached out by email 3 days later and asked me to choose a date and time for a conversation.

hmm, nothing and I confirmed Tuesday morning...
I was Monday (Mar 28). No DA contact here either in northern CA. Not surprised though as I spec'd 20" wheels - no chance of a car for at least a few months.

Last edited:
I was Monday (Mar 28). No DA contact here either in northern CA. Not surprised though as I spec's 20" wheels - no chance of a car for at least a few months.
Ah, maybe because I want the grey exterior...

Back