Delivery Advisor

rjplucid

Has anyone else have issues getting your delivery advisor to return emails or phone calls? I received an email on Monday from my delivery advisor saying the truck with my car on it has reached the delivery destination and she will update me on Tuesday once they offload the cars she didn’t follow up. I have emailed her twice and no response.

At least one (Jessica Lacey, formerly an inside DA) was laid off. Like you, I was waiting for an email, so I called Lucid and was assigned a new DA. My advice is to just call Lucid.

At least one (Jessica Lacey, formerly an inside DA) was laid off. Like you, I was waiting for an email, so I called Lucid and was assigned a new DA. My advice is to just call Lucid.
Not a good sign that they laid off a DA and then didn't notify the DA's clients.

It certainly could have been handled better. On the other hand, the sense I got was that Jess was laid off on Tuesday and I called on Wednesday, so there wasn't a huge amount of time for their system to react. Also, as an old tech guy who's been through more than one layoff, I expect the atmosphere at Lucid the last couple of days hasn't been conducive to people doing their best work. I'm willing to cut them some slack on this.

She was my DA as well. It was difficult to get her to respond prior to this week. I will wait and see if they assign me a new one

She was my DA as well. It was difficult to get her to respond prior to this week. I will wait and see if they assign me a new one
She was my DA and I agree she was hard to get ahold of. She also forgot endorse my check so the bank rejected check didn’t pay Lucid. My new DA who is great, had to overnight the check back to me and I overnight the new check to him which FedEx lost. The I had stop payment on the old check and overnight them a new check which they received and deposited. I am picking up my car tomorrow!

I've had two deliveries now. The first DA was okay, the second was absolutely great. Hewitt Ng answered all my emails and phone calls with a few hours. When I told him a wanted a certain day because it was my birthday, he got it set up. He even had a card and cupcakes set up for me at the delivery.

I've had two deliveries now. The first DA was okay, the second was absolutely great. Hewitt Ng answered all my emails and phone calls with a few hours. When I told him a wanted a certain day because it was my birthday, he got it set up. He even had a card and cupcakes set up for me at the delivery.
I thought I had a great delivery experience until I just found out that you got cup cakes!

I've had two deliveries now. The first DA was okay, the second was absolutely great. Hewitt Ng answered all my emails and phone calls with a few hours. When I told him a wanted a certain day because it was my birthday, he got it set up. He even had a card and cupcakes set up for me at
I thought I had a great delivery experience until I just found out that you got cup cakes!
I good thing my kids don’t read this forum or they will expect cup cakes also! I need to temper their expectations!

My DA was laid off 2 days before delivery at Riviera Beach. The new DA called me moments after I texted my original DA for an update. Both DA's were excellent, newest one is Chip Collier.

Friday, April 14th was supposed to be my delivery date for our new Touring. On the 13th the DA called to tell me that they discovered something wrong with the hood, and they would contact me again once the defect was repaired. I stopped by the service center on the 17th to see what was wrong with the car (the DA never told me what the defect was) The hood had palm sized dents, almost as if someone had closed it with the heel of their hands. Oddly, the dents were nowhere close to the front latch. Rather they were almost centered in the hood. Not the place anyone would normally use to manually close it. Since it is a Touring, there would be no reason to manually close it anyway. The communication with my DA has been sporadic at best from the new West Palm Beach studio. Texts and voicemails often don't answer the questions I've asked or go unanswered for several days. When answered, they always come with the requisite apology. Yesterday at 8am I texted him and told him that I want the car stored inside while we wait on the repair. Still haven't heard anything 24 hours later (on a weekday). The DA is always friendly, almost overly so, and often tries to divert my attention from the shortcomings of their delivery process by lavishing praise on how beautiful the car is and how I must be very excited to get it. He needs to understand that many Lucid buyers are often sophisticated and have probably purchased dozens of cars in their lifetimes. Lucid just sent us a Docusign asking for our signature confirming we've received the car as of April 19th. Its still sitting at the service center 150 miles away, with no date for delivery scheduled. The car seems excellent, which is why I bought it. But the order and delivery process has been a complete clown show.

My DA has been very responsive by phone like pick up on first ring response time lol. But email has been spotty.

Friday, April 14th was supposed to be my delivery date for our new Touring. On the 13th the DA called to tell me that they discovered something wrong with the hood, and they would contact me again once the defect was repaired. I stopped by the service center on the 17th to see what was wrong with the car (the DA never told me what the defect was) The hood had palm sized dents, almost as if someone had closed it with the heel of their hands. Oddly, the dents were nowhere close to the front latch. Rather they were almost centered in the hood. Not the place anyone would normally use to manually close it. Since it is a Touring, there would be no reason to manually close it anyway. The communication with my DA has been sporadic at best from the new West Palm Beach studio. Texts and voicemails often don't answer the questions I've asked or go unanswered for several days. When answered, they always come with the requisite apology. Yesterday at 8am I texted him and told him that I want the car stored inside while we wait on the repair. Still haven't heard anything 24 hours later (on a weekday). The DA is always friendly, almost overly so, and often tries to divert my attention from the shortcomings of their delivery process by lavishing praise on how beautiful the car is and how I must be very excited to get it. He needs to understand that many Lucid buyers are often sophisticated and have probably purchased dozens of cars in their lifetimes. Lucid just sent us a Docusign asking for our signature confirming we've received the car as of April 19th. Its still sitting at the service center 150 miles away, with no date for delivery scheduled. The car seems excellent, which is why I bought it. But the order and delivery process has been a complete clown show.
Be patient. They will get it perfect, no doubt. In reality, it's only been two business days since the original delivery window. Delays are frustrating for sure.

Update. After too many unanswered or late answered texts and emails, none or late replies to voicemails, and yet another apology and excuse from our DA in West Palm Beach, I called Lucid to replace him. They promised to get me another by this morning. We got a call early this morning, and have now been assigned Chip (who has been mentioned in this thread). Fingers crossed. I haven't posted our former DA's name yet, but am considering it. Lucid needs to know that the delivery advisor's communication and the overall delivery process are integral parts of how new Lucid owners will measure the car and the company.

The car's status is unknown at this point, but we hope to learn more after communicating with our new DA. I will state again...our former DA was always cordial despite our increasing frustration. But his numerous apologies are now falling on deaf ears. Its now been 2 weeks since they cashed our $110K check, 11 days since the original delivery was cancelled, and we still don't have a new delivery date scheduled. I asked the former DA if the car could be parked inside at their service facility in Riviera Beach to get it out of the hot Florida sun, and he said no. (this seemed odd to me since there was ample room inside when I came to inspect the hood damage) He did state that it has a cover on it, but I haven't verified his claim. We're hoping that our new DA takes ownership of this. I'll let this forum know.

Back