• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Tidal Music

Adnillien

Referral Code K9WIJHB0
Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid GT
Referral Code
K9WIJHB0
Tidal supposedly allows offline listening where you download music and listen without an internet or cellular connection. Does Lucid's built in App support this? Has anybody tried it?

I have not tried, but I did not see a download function. I'll check again tomorrow

I cannot find a search feature in the Tidal app loaded into the car. Am I missing something? As Alexa is so erratic in finding music, I sometimes need to search for a selection manually.

Last night we were using Alexa to stream Amazon Music (Alexa's default search, it seems), and the songs kept freezing even though we were in strong cellular areas. At other times, the "advance" feature would not move to the next song, either by voice command or using the button on the steering wheel or hitting the "advance" button on the Glass Cockpit display.

Frankly, trying to get music streaming to work in the Air has become one of the biggest frustrations of taking the car anywhere. (I have given up on using Alexa to place calls and now always use "Hey, Siri" to place hands-free calls.)

Of the software features thus far activated in the car, the Alexa command system falls the shortest in meeting the claims of its performance. It was a very, very bad choice for this mechanically superb car.

Of the software features thus far activated in the car, the Alexa command system falls the shortest in meeting the claims of its performance. It was a very, very bad choice for this mechanically superb car.
Unfortunately the reality is that customers will assess the car’s quality based on the overall package and Alexa is a significant part of that overall package.

What other cars are running Alexa?

Last night we were using Alexa to stream Amazon Music (Alexa's default search, it seems)

I don't have my car yet but, assuming (big assumption?) That the car is just another Alexa device, if you use the regular Alexa app on your phone (not the Lucid app) you should be able to change which streaming service is the default.

At least you can with "regular" Alexa devices. Please excuse my ignorance if it's different for the car.

I don’t think any cars with built in streaming audio do this?
If true that really forces people to use Apple or Android car play in areas wihtout good cellular coverage. Typical stream buffering can handle short drops in cellular coverage, it will not bridge significant distances without coverage. There are still many place in AZ where you can drive 20-30 minutes without coverage. With the additional limitation of car play through bluetooth only in the Lucid, the audio quality may be limited.

I was hoping that Tidal Offline mode would be enabled so that we could listen to high fidelity music anywhere. It would really be an incentive to pay the subscription fee.

Unfortunately the reality is that customers will assess the car’s quality based on the overall package and Alexa is a significant part of that overall package.
Or at least the user interface will be evaluated on this. It seems that Alexa may hamper both Lucid and Rivian. Maybe Rivian will have more pull with Amazon to fix it. Has anyone heard how Alexa is working for Rivian? Is it a problem with Alexa in cars or a problem with Lucid's implementation?

I don't have the same issues with Alexa that hmp has. I'll try and test everything he has issues with to see

I don't have the same issues with Alexa that hmp has. I'll try and test everything he has issues with to see

Yes, I may not be the best test case, as my car has had more wide-ranging problems with software than most others so far.

On a brighter note, though, the screen freezes and blackouts have stopped (knock on wood). Although I was skeptical, perhaps the two flushes of the computer cooling system that IT had the mobile tech do actually did resolve something.

Back