The Lucid Comes with a Charging Cable with Two Plug Ends….

MPawelek

Cars
None
One plug end is for the super slow 110v charging and the other plug end is for the Level II charging. Since the percentage of charge can be set internally in the car what is the purpose of the “wall chargers” if some one does not want to use the car to power their house during power outages ?

One plug end is for the super slow 110v charging and the other plug end is for the Level II charging. Since the percentage of charge can be set internally in the car what is the purpose of the “wall chargers” if some one does not want to use the car to power their house during power outages ?

A lot of us use the charging cable it came with as a “just in case” travel charger. Also, the hardwired EVSEs can do up to 48A, the new Lucid one that will be released can do up to 80A.

A 14-50 plug is limited to 40A continuous.

What I am getting at is that if I do not need the smart options and Wi-Fi on some wall units why do I need a wall unit at all?
Cannot I just set the percentage charge I want in the car and simply plug it into a 50amp/14-50 wall plug?

What I am getting at is that if I do not need the smart options and Wi-Fi on some wall units why do I need a wall unit at all?
Cannot I just set the percentage charge I want in the car and simply plug it into a 50amp/14-50 wall plug?

Pretty sure I just answered that? The hardwired EVSEs charge faster, and allow you to set schedules, and track charges over time, etc. Also lets you keep the Lucid charging cable in the car for emergencies, as it isn’t advisable to plug and unplug the 14-50 end of the cable regularly, as it can degrade (it’s heavy and cumbersome).

But Lucid provides a cable hook you can install for this exact reason; you can absolutely use it with a 14-50 plug just fine.

Yes, that's what we use for overnight charging at home, and it works fine.

I will buy the Lucid home charger when/if it allows powering the home in a blackout and the higher amperage would be nice but not needed most of the time.

We will have the Lucid and an AMG EQS shortly so having home chargers that can be set to charge at different times will be useful so that we don't trip breakers. If the car apps can set the time of day to charge, then this feature may not be needed.

Thanks for the information. The Lucid will not be a primary daily driver, generally once or twice a week to our “country place” and grocery store, neither of which are more than 75 miles round trip so I have plenty of time for recharging and our local electricity provider does not have peak/non peak hours for electricity usage.

Thanks for the information. The Lucid will not be a primary daily driver, generally once or twice a week to our “country place” and grocery store, neither of which are more than 75 miles round trip so I have plenty of time for recharging and our local electricity provider does not have peak/non peak hours for electricity usage.
My son and brother have used the Telsa supplied cables for years without issue.

I would think that you would be fine using the Lucid cable included with the car.

Is it known how long the cable is on the portable charger?
We are completely re doing our garage now with drywall, paint, and new cabinets. (So the Lucid has an appropriately beautiful living space). Wondering how close the outlet needs to be to the car

Is it known how long the cable is on the portable charger?
We are completely re doing our garage now with drywall, paint, and new cabinets. (So the Lucid has an appropriately beautiful living space). Wondering how close the outlet needs to be to the car
It is 20 feet.

It is 20 feet.
Excellent! That’s plenty long enough.
Agree BUT I would strongly suggest that you install a separate charger unit unless you plan to plug in the Lucid unit and just leave it plugged in.
we only take a long trip once a year to Santa Barbara in the summer. So otherwise it will remain plugged in. I think we’ll be ok. Thanks for the follow up.

Does the factory supplied charger have brackets to mount it to the wall, like the Porsche supplied charger does?

Back