Charging at a friends house with a standard plug

Tooshyshy

Cars
Lucid Air Touring 2024
Newbie here so apologize if this is discussed elsewhere. I am leaving my Lucid Air Touring overnight for 4 days at a friends house as he lives close to the airport (in his garage). I know Lucid included a regular wall charger. Now, I dont need the car full charged and time is not an issue (since I am gone for a few days) but can I just plug the Lucid provided charger into his garage outlet (standard) and just charge? I am not going to burn down his house am I? I assume I will draw some power (not sure how much and whether it will even be worth reimbursing him).

You can plug it in to your friend's garage and gain a bit of a charge. The car will also be fine sitting for four days without charging. If the garage is cool so that the battery cooling is not required, you will get about 1% SOC each hour on a standard wall outlet. If you do not need the charge to get home, I would not bother charging a your friend's.

Newbie here so apologize if this is discussed elsewhere. I am leaving my Lucid Air Touring overnight for 4 days at a friends house as he lives close to the airport (in his garage). I know Lucid included a regular wall charger. Now, I dont need the car full charged and time is not an issue (since I am gone for a few days) but can I just plug the Lucid provided charger into his garage outlet (standard) and just charge? I am not going to burn down his house am I? I assume I will draw some power (not sure how much and whether it will even be worth reimbursing him).
Yes, you can just plug in. No, you won't burn his house down. You will not gain much of a charge at all, but there's no harm in leaving it plugged in.

I was able to charge at 1kw recently in the garage of Airbnb 14hrs 14kwh using the Lucid mobile charger / rangeXchange. That is less than a microwave oven. The plug was at room temp.

Plugging into your friend's garage while you are traveling will underscore the benefits of a home charger (if you can install one eventually). Travel safely!

I don’t know why everyone is so down on L1 charging. I plugged in for two days at a friend’s house and I was up 30-40% if I recall correctly. Averaging 1.1kW. No it’s not blazing fast, but over 4 days you may go from 20-80% and not have to worry about a charging stop on the way home? And why not? It’s like magic. It’s even fast enough (barely) to cover my daily commute overnight.

Last edited:
I don’t know why everyone is so down on L1 charging. I plugged in for two days at a friend’s house and I was up 30-40% if I recall correctly. Averaging 1.1kW. No it’s not blazing fast, but over 4 days you may go from 20-80% and not have to worry about a charging stop on the way home? And why not? It’s like magic. It’s even fast enough (barely) to cover my daily commute overnight.
Oh it’s fine, there’s nothing wrong with it. It’s just slow, that’s all.

Yes. If you charge for say 12hrs 12kwh you can drive about 36 miles which is close to the average us commute to work.

Back