How does a friend using car charge at EA

roKapl99

Verified Owner
Cars
Touring
We will be away from home (and our Lucid) for a few months. During that time one of our friend will be staying in our condo. Since our friend will not be in our area before we leave I will not be able to connect his phone to a profile on the car. Or is there a way that I can connect a phone to a profile without the phone present in the car? If not, how does he charge at EA without paying?

If they use an EA station that is Plug and Charge, then they will not need the app. Otherwise, you will have to give them the login info for your Lucid Acct so they can log into the Lucid app if they need to authorize a session at an EA station. You could always change your password to something temporary then back to your original password when you return.

I had a similar question when we bought a used Air Dream to replace one that was wrecked. I asked Lucid Customer Service if the remainder of the three years of free charging would transfer from my original car to the replacement car. They said I would be able to use the remaining free charging the was assigned to the used car I purchased, as the free charging is linked to the car's VIN in EA's database, not to the owner. I asked what would happen if I needed to call EA for assistance with a charging issue and they found out I wasn't the original purchaser of the car. Lucid told me that EA doesn't have the names of the car owners -- just the VIN's of the cars eligible for free charging.

If, however, you need to initiate a charging session using the Lucid app (I never have), Tim-in-CA is right about needing access to the Lucid account login information.

Worst case scenario you can ask for reimbursement

Back