Thanks to those who made this website.

Cosmo Cruz

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
2022 Air GT: Cos/Cruz
DE Number
My build was Sept. 2022 and one of the first batch in Cosmos Silver. I switched from Zenith Red because I am shy in real life.

I love this place, and want to thank those who share my love for cars.

Not only that...there are music lovers and audiophiles (sometimes in the same person)

and rich and thoughtful people (sometimes in the same person)

point is thanks for the vision and the kind, intelligent, sacrificing (I can only imagine) moderators.

cosmo

My build was Sept. 2022 and one of the first batch in Cosmos Silver. I switched from Zenith Red because I am shy in real life.

Not only that...there are music lovers and audiophiles (sometimes in the same person)

point is thanks for the vision and the kind, intelligent, sacrificing (I can only imagine) moderators.

cosmo
Cosmo, this space and us people within it appreciate you and enjoy your posts :)

@Joe is the owner? I have a question, what is the history of this forum?
@Joe made it, roughly in about six days or so, and rested on the seventh.

@joec, @Adnillien, @hydbob, @Bobby, and I are his disciples, spreading the good word.

Somewhere out there is a fallen angel, in the form of the “other forum,” which is run by an evil for-profit corporation who flood you with ads and other temptations, trying to get you to stray.

@AirDoll is the Virgin Mary, maybe? I don’t know, I’m Jewish - this is about as much as I know about Christianity lol

@Joe made it, roughly in about six days or so, and rested on the seventh.

@joec, @Adnillien, @hydbob, @Bobby, and I are his disciples, spreading the good word.

Somewhere out there is a fallen angel, in the form of the “other forum,” which is run by an evil for-profit corporation who flood you with ads and other temptations, trying to get you to stray.

@AirDoll is the Virgin Mary, maybe? I don’t know, I’m Jewish - this is about as much as I know about Christianity lol
And don’t forget the old mods! You guys are actually pretty recent!(comparatively speaking)

I do have one question, is a co founder just somebody who was around in early days?

Give us a history lesson @Joe !

Thanks @Cosmo Cruz. The current (and some past) moderators and members are what have shaped this place to be what it is today. The power of community participation is incredible.

@borski summed it up pretty well. I am definitely the quiet one and do the least amount of work compared to the mods. I lurk in the background and make sure the forum is operating at 100%.

My history is just being a car guy that picked up my first EV in 2017 (Tesla Model S) and became an EV fanatic since, but I still am a petrolhead at heart and cherish my 1994 Mazda RX-7. I remember stumbling upon an AutoBlog article about Lucid in 2017 and when I saw the design, I fell in love with it. I then later decided to start up the forums to see if I could gather up some other interested members and have a place for our own. As you can see, I started this in 2017 and it was completely quiet for about 2.5 years. Here is the first post:

@hmp10 was one of the first very active members here and I'd say played a key role in the forums success today as his posts and questions sparked new members to join in and participate. Otherwise, it was still a ghost town here. Here is a legacy thread to get an idea of his participation:

Shortly after, @hydbob joined and is the most active member closing in on 10k posts and reactions. He became a moderator about 6 months after joining and is now an admin. I believe he also got banned from the "other forum" 🤣

@mnewber1 was a great mod at the time and started the Tracker thread that brought in a lot of exposure and activity to the forum. Was a sad day loosing a great member when he left. Same for @rbbarry.

There are many others who played pivotal roles here at the forums as well (@Alex, @Neurio, @PhotoEye, @Sandvinsd, @Tesla2.0, @Tesla2Lucid, @ac.bill - and many more but just naming on top of my head, hopefully don't upset anyone I missed!), some still with us and others who have departed. Maybe to return one day? Time will tell but I do think we will see some old faces turn up again in the future... :)

Thanks @Cosmo Cruz. The current (and some past) moderators and members are what have shaped this place to be what it is today. The power of community participation is incredible.

@borski summed it up pretty well. I am definitely the quiet one and do the least amount of work compared to the mods. I lurk in the background and make sure the forum is operating at 100%.

My history is just being a car guy that picked up my first EV in 2017 (Tesla Model S) and became an EV fanatic since, but I still am a petrolhead at heart and cherish my 1994 Mazda RX-7. I remember stumbling upon an AutoBlog article about Lucid in 2017 and when I saw the design, I fell in love with it. I then later decided to start up the forums to see if I could gather up some other interested members and have a place for our own. As you can see, I started this in 2017 and it was completely quiet for about 2.5 years. Here is the first post:

@hmp10 was one of the first very active members here and I'd say played a key role in the forums success today as his posts and questions sparked new members to join in and participate. Otherwise, it was still a ghost town here. Here is a legacy thread to get an idea of his participation:

Shortly after, @hydbob joined and is the most active member closing in on 10k posts and reactions. He became a moderator about 6 months after joining and is now an admin. I believe he also got banned from the "other forum" 🤣

@mnewber1 was a great mod at the time and started the Tracker thread that brought in a lot of exposure and activity to the forum. Was a sad day loosing a great member when he left. Same for @rbbarry.

There are many others who played pivotal roles here at the forums as well (@Alex, @Neurio, @PhotoEye, @Sandvinsd, @Tesla2.0, @Tesla2Lucid, @ac.bill - and many more but just naming on top of my head, hopefully don't upset anyone I missed!), some still with us and others who have departed. Maybe to return one day? Time will tell but I do think we will see some old faces turn up again in the future... :)
Its always fun reading the old threads with Hmp and Hawk discussing rear legroom and other issues/speculation... the tension hit a peak between mid 2020 and mid 2021!

I do also miss your unofficial forum "press releases," like interviews and such. Very informative on the history of Lucid and Peter(such as how he went to tesla, etc)!

Say Joe, do you still have plans to get an Air? And I do wonder what your reaction to seeing a new message after almost 3 years!

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe
Thank you Joe and all of the moderators for making this forum such a welcoming place for knowledge and knowledge sharing about Lucid.
The moderators do a great job. It's got to be a tough task and all of the moderators get "yelled" at when they don't allow posts, but it really makes this board sooo much nicer than the "other forum". I originally joined both, but there's just so much whining and complaining on the other one, and so little useful information. So now I'm just here.

I originally found the forum from a news story with leaked pics of the Air and Gravity that Hawk posted. I abandoned my original account in favor of this one a year or so later, which is when I started to post. I'm grateful to @Joe and the mods for keeping this thing running smoothly. I also apologize for being the one to introduce @hydbob to this forum 😜

The moderators do a great job. It's got to be a tough task and all of the moderators get "yelled" at when they don't allow posts, but it really makes this board sooo much nicer than the "other forum". I originally joined both, but there's just so much whining and complaining on the other one, and so little useful information. So now I'm just here.
Being a moderator is one of those thankless job. With that said, I sincerely thank you to moderators for keeping this forum sane and sensible.

Thanks for the kind words, Joe. This forum has been one of my greatest sources of Lucid information and general entertainment for almost four years now, and many of the posters feel like personal friends. I took a look at the old thread you linked and, wow, what a trip down memory lane. As we now wait once again to see another Lucid product -- the Gravity -- come to market, it is interesting to look back on where we were on and off base with our speculations about the Air in the run-up to its first customer deliveries.

cosmo
Shy? Introverted? You? No way!!!

Since we are all sharing our stories of getting into Lucid and the forum, thought I'd share my own:

The year is 2017. Back then(2nd grade), I was very interested in consumer electronics as well as cars. I tuned into the CES for that year in hopes of finding regular products, but then I came across the Faraday Future FF91. By relation, I also did more research and discovered Lucid.

Back then, I was actually more interested in the FF91. The main reason for this is when my dad showed me a demo of it self parking, which I thought was the coolest thing ever. Comparatively, the Lucid was an engineering marvel, but I was not interested in it as much as I was the FF. Nevertheless, I did some browsing in late 2017 and found this forum by chance! Nobody was active in it, so I clicked away and just forgot about Lucid for a long time.

Three years later, Covid strikes. I'm a easily bored person, and to make things better my parents told me to look into some good cars we could buy. Challenge accepted! Our original gas powered car budget was 50k, and I tried to look for EVs under 50k. The very first thing I suggested was actually the Mustang mach-e, funnily enough. However, I was told to try to get sedans.

But then I came to a realization: Arent EVs much cheaper in the long run? Using the calculators on afdc.energy.gov, I found that a typical EV that costs about 75k is the same/cheaper price than a 50k gas car(i was looking into the kia stinger GT2) over the lifespan of the car! I then set off with my newfound(approved) budget to find new EV's.

Then the struggle starts, as finding large EV sedans were IMPOSSIBLE back in the day. The Taycan is too expensive, the EQS "doesnt exist," and the model s was aging and due for a refresh. I then remembered Lucid which I came upon three years prior! I researched it and liked it a LOT, as I was now old enough to appreciate the engineering behind it. I therefore put that as my first preference car.

I lurked on this forum for a long time as there wasn't much I could say, considering we were still in the early stages of car buying and not much about the Air was announced. In late 2022, we finally decided to buy the car after 2023(to wait for the new ev wave), and therefore I joined this forum. The rest is history...

And @hmp10 I do have to tell a story involving you and Hawk. In my lurking days, I saw you guys trying to compile info about the air(raised battery packs, electrochromic shading, etc), and when it dawned that some of these features would be removed, I seriously thought of discounting the Air because of you guys! We did stick with it and it turned out to be a great car!

And @hmp10 I do have to tell a story involving you and Hawk. In my lurking days, I saw you guys trying to compile info about the air(raised battery packs, electrochromic shading, etc), and when it dawned that some of these features would be removed, I seriously thought of discounting the Air because of you guys! We did stick with it and it turned out to be a great car!

I hate to admit it, but part of the fun in the run-up to production is the not knowing while we collectively speculate on what specs and features the Gravity will finally have. If Gravity were to announce all final details tomorrow, I'd soon be one bored cracker.

I hate to admit it, but part of the fun in the run-up to production is the not knowing while we collectively speculate on what specs and features the Gravity will finally have. If Gravity were to announce all final details tomorrow, I'd soon be one bored cracker.
Agreed. Pointless speculation is fun for every product that comes out, as evidenced by upcoming iphone releases and the 4 page long Gravity with sliding doors thread!

Back