With great pleasure

JSW

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring, 2024
DE Number
Referral Code
3PP1YEBW
I am pleased to be posting from Houston as an owner! Many thanks to those of you who answered my questions before purchase, those who volunteered a referral code (sorry I could use only 1), those who posted the delivery day checklist and those who posted much useful info across all the forums. I have a very sexy Phantom Blue Touring in the driveway. The comfort and convenience package as well as the dream drive premium seen worth every dollar. Transferring from Tesla to Lucid is a breeze. The car feels solid! Tesla tap being delivered tomorrow so I didn't need to get rid of the Tesla charger in the garage. Hard to give up on the $1000 incentive to buy the lucid charger but with the difference and installation charge, I don't see a need. The delivery experience was great. My work schedule was preventing me from scheduling a fixed time, so the DA drive it out to the house. He spent 1+hours going over everything. When I picked up my Tesla years ago, I was given a key and told how to start the car and put it in drive. This was a much better experience. Looking forward to turning heads in the morning!

Now I have to decide on ceramic coating, ppf and order the tuxmats!

Attachments

• 20240320_212536.jpg
    20240320_212536.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 336
  • 20240320_210808.jpg
    20240320_210808.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 186
I am pleased to be posting from Houston as an owner! Many thanks to those of you who answered my questions before purchase, those who volunteered a referral code (sorry I could use only 1), those who posted the delivery day checklist and those who posted much useful info across all the forums. I have a very sexy Phantom Blue Touring in the driveway. The comfort and convenience package as well as the dream drive premium seen worth every dollar. Transferring from Tesla to Lucid is a breeze. The car feels solid! Tesla tap being delivered tomorrow so I didn't need to get rid of the Tesla charger in the garage. Hard to give up on the $1000 incentive to buy the lucid charger but with the difference and installation charge, I don't see a need. The delivery experience was great. My work schedule was preventing me from scheduling a fixed time, so the DA drive it out to the house. He spent 1+hours going over everything. When I picked up my Tesla years ago, I was given a key and told how to start the car and put it in drive. This was a much better experience. Looking forward to turning heads in the morning!

Now I have to decide on ceramic coating, ppf and order the tuxmats!
Congrats and welcome!

Update after less than 24 hours with the car. I really enjoy how heavy the car feels. My previous model s felt heavy as well but it was also at the point where it was making noises that I couldn't explain and started to feel less well put together. This car is really solid. Certainly in Sprint mode it packs a lot of power.
I have noticed other issues which people complain about in other threads in many of the forms here. If any of you know an easy way to find the solution, I would greatly appreciate posting the link.
First of all, the driver seat does not restore to my preferred and saved position when I get in the car. My wife has yet to establish a profile, so the only one with a key fob or mobile key is me. I need to physically push the restore button to get my seat back into position. Is this to be expected?
Next, the turn signal seems to be very loud. Has anyone else noticed this and if so is there a way to turn down the volume?
Thirdly, I have no access to HD radio stations. I can't find consistency in the forms saying that people have or don't have this as an issue. I've seen comments about antenna and the like. I don't want to rehash what's already been posted so feel free to direct me to a solution if one exists.

First of all, the driver seat does not restore to my preferred and saved position when I get in the car. My wife has yet to establish a profile, so the only one with a key fob or mobile key is me. I need to physically push the restore button to get my seat back into position. Is this to be expected?
You have to either click your seatbelt or press the brake pedal to restore the seat position. Are you doing that?
Next, the turn signal seems to be very loud. Has anyone else noticed this and if so is there a way to turn down the volume?
Haven't noticed that. In fact it's kind of hard to hear if there's any music playing. I don't think we can adjust it, but maybe service techs have a way of tweaking it?

Hard to give up on the $1000 incentive to buy the lucid charger but with the difference and installation charge, I don't see a need.
Congrats and Welcome! Any chance you'd want to share the code? 😅

Congrats and Welcome! Any chance you'd want to share the code? 😅
Yes/no. 😉. I have until Sept to use it. Let me try the tesla tap first and make sure I can use my Tesla charger before I give up the option to acquire it from lucid.

Update after less than 24 hours with the car. I really enjoy how heavy the car feels. My previous model s felt heavy as well but it was also at the point where it was making noises that I couldn't explain and started to feel less well put together. This car is really solid. Certainly in Sprint mode it packs a lot of power.
I have noticed other issues which people complain about in other threads in many of the forms here. If any of you know an easy way to find the solution, I would greatly appreciate posting the link.
Thirdly, I have no access to HD radio stations. I can't find consistency in the forms saying that people have or don't have this as an issue. I've seen comments about antenna and the like. I don't want to rehash what's already been posted so feel free to direct me to a solution if one exists.
Do you have your profile tied to a key? If not, do that and test again. You do not have to click your seatbelt for your seat to move.

Update:
Thanks for the responses.
1. Re driver's seat. The tip re stepping on the brake worked. Big thank you!! I guess I'm used to closing the door and the seat automatically adjusting after the door closes. Next issue will be to get the seat to not drop as much and go back so far. I'm 5'10" ...I feel like I fall into the car with it so deep. And while I can reach the brake, it's not natural and anyone shorter than me would have problems reaching the pedal.
2. Besides the signal, without the radio on, the seatbelt reminder is also quite loud. ... This is a minor issue.
3. Ok. I figured out the HD radio issue. When you select FM and all stations, you get a list of stations with those stations with multiple hd substations listed once. At the top of the screen, the number of HD radio stations is listed. If you use the right side steering wheel button to switch stations (up or down) you can then cycle through the many HD stations with the common number (eg 94.5 hd1, 94.5 hd2, etc). You can click the heart icon and save those stations you like to your favorites.

Update:
Thanks for the responses.
1. Re driver's seat. The tip re stepping on the brake worked. Big thank you!! I guess I'm used to closing the door and the seat automatically adjusting after the door closes. Next issue will be to get the seat to not drop as much and go back so far. I'm 5'10" ...I feel like I fall into the car with it so deep. And while I can reach the brake, it's not natural and anyone shorter than me would have problems reaching the pedal.
Do you have Easy Entry turned on? I don't remember how it worked before that, but I know it used to get back into position, most of the time. With Easy Entry enabled, the seat moves back when you open the door to exit, and forward to your set position when you get in the car and either press the brake or click the seatbelt in. I use the belt since I can't reach the brake.

Yes, easy entry is turned on. When I was describing my experience about the seat "dropping and moving back" I was describing the Easy Entry feature which is clearly working well (I couldn't recall the name of the feature at the time). I disabled it this morning upon after my first commute. I like the idea of easy entry but would prefer the seat not go so far back and so deep - it makes it difficult to exit the car and getting in I feel like I have to let gravity do the work given how low it is. I guess another way would be to have an easy entry option that moves the seat back a user defined amount and have the steering wheel retract until the door closes or you step on the brake.

Either way...I'm learning about the car. Friend with a Panamera is kind of jealous! ;-)

Further update re: charging. Received the Tesla Tap today. Plugged the car in using my Tesla home charger. 11kw/hr yielding 50-51mi/hr!
I was charging at 31-33mi/hr on my Tesla. This is a nice change.

I have to check the amp settings but am curious if the Lucid charger is higher amps and charges faster....not that it matters; will be charging overnight and will have no problem getting the car ready for the following day with the current equipment.

I have to check the amp settings but am curious if the Lucid charger is higher amps and charges faster....not that it matters; will be charging overnight and will have no problem getting the car ready for the following day with the current equipment.
The Lucid charger is 80A, yielding 19.2kW. Definitely more. Definitely agree it doesn't matter 99% of the time though. I have a 48A (11.5kW) charger at home as well and it's more than enough.

Thanks for the info.
In comparing to my prior Tesla charging, this is faster. and to think I would charge to a max of ~300miles with full charge and this has been over 300 miles since it was dropped off (albeit I haven't driven that much) is very satisfying!

Further update re: charging. Received the Tesla Tap today. Plugged the car in using my Tesla home charger. 11kw/hr yielding 50-51mi/hr!
I was charging at 31-33mi/hr on my Tesla. This is a nice change.

Hope your circuit, wiring and amperage settings are correct on that Tesla home charger. You are pulling 48 amps on the Lucid. Needs to be a 60 amp circuit to draw that power. If it is a 50 amp, then you are at risk of a home fire.

Hope your circuit, wiring and amperage settings are correct on that Tesla home charger. You are pulling 48 amps on the Lucid. Needs to be a 60 amp circuit to draw that power. If it is a 50 amp, then you are at risk of a home fire.
Thanks for the info. I think I'm covered... See attached.

Also... Picked up a generic mat for the trunk (protecting against mud from long softball weekends) and cut to the appropriate size. Misses the edges by just a bit but I think it's acceptable. Tuxmats for front and back to be delivered tomorrow.

Next... If you commute with coffee, it's a splurge, but get the Ember travel mug...fits snuggly in the cup holder and keeps your drink warm.

Only issue today... Got in the car and had no radio: no AM/FM, Siriusxm, Spotify etc. Had to do a reset (hold down Air icon on the screen) and after, worked like a charm. Hope this doesn't portend a pattern!

1000011259.jpg
1000011257.jpg

Back