New Member Air Stealth Order

stealth

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Greetings Lucid Owners!

I have on order an Air Touring with the stealth package and plan to take delivery next week. The Tyson’s studio staff have been superb to work with for this vehicle order. This forum has been a wealth of knowledge and wonderful resource as I have had an insatiable thirst for all things Lucid Air amid this waiting period.

Admittedly, my story did not start with Lucid. It was me being fed up with Tesla that led me to the Lucid studio, and ultimately, this forum. Last Thursday morning, I refused delivery of a fully loaded Tesla Model X that I ordered in September, after their latest price cuts. Eleven weeks later, the vehicle arrived at Tesla’s Rockville, MD, location and I was scheduled to take delivery this past Thursday. I will say that I was extremely excited for the Tesla upon ordering it, my entrance to an EV, though that quickly changed. I found it almost impossible to reach a human being at Tesla for any support or customer service. You are left with a text message chatbot as your primary medium of communication with at the service center - the staff could have cared less about the questions and concerns I had about the particular vehicle that showed up for me to accept. After numerous, failed attempts to get support from Tesla (no one replies to emails or calls), seeing as I was no longer excited about the Tesla due to their cavalier approach to treating customers as numbers (“okay, someone else will pickup this car”), I cancelled the order and went straight to the Lucid studio in Tysons. I felt relieved to know that I would not have to subject myself to Tesla’s inexcusable service in the event that I accepted the Model X and had any issues. Certainly, I recognize that not all Tesla service is like this and many people love their Tesla vehicles, but the Tesla center near me was unacceptable.

My experience with Lucid was night and day different and I regained that excited to matriculate into my first EV. Since placing the order, the customer service and experience has been simply amazing. Certainly not least, the car is incredible!

Looking forward to sharing my experiences with the Air and learning from others owners on the forum!

Welcome. You’re going to love your car. And the community here will be happy to answer questions and help you out with anything you need.

Greetings Lucid Owners!

I have on order an Air Touring with the stealth package and plan to take delivery next week. The Tyson’s studio staff have been superb to work with for this vehicle order. This forum has been a wealth of knowledge and wonderful resource as I have had an insatiable thirst for all things Lucid Air amid this waiting period.

Admittedly, my story did not start with Lucid. It was me being fed up with Tesla that led me to the Lucid studio, and ultimately, this forum. Last Thursday morning, I refused delivery of a fully loaded Tesla Model X that I ordered in September, after their latest price cuts. Eleven weeks later, the vehicle arrived at Tesla’s Rockville, MD, location and I was scheduled to take delivery this past Thursday. I will say that I was extremely excited for the Tesla upon ordering it, my entrance to an EV, though that quickly changed. I found it almost impossible to reach a human being at Tesla for any support or customer service. You are left with a text message chatbot as your primary medium of communication with at the service center - the staff could have cared less about the questions and concerns I had about the particular vehicle that showed up for me to accept. After numerous, failed attempts to get support from Tesla (no one replies to emails or calls), seeing as I was no longer excited about the Tesla due to their cavalier approach to treating customers as numbers (“okay, someone else will pickup this car”), I cancelled the order and went straight to the Lucid studio in Tysons. I felt relieved to know that I would not have to subject myself to Tesla’s inexcusable service in the event that I accepted the Model X and had any issues. Certainly, I recognize that not all Tesla service is like this and many people love their Tesla vehicles, but the Tesla center near me was unacceptable.

My experience with Lucid was night and day different and I regained that excited to matriculate into my first EV. Since placing the order, the customer service and experience has been simply amazing. Certainly not least, the car is incredible!

Looking forward to sharing my experiences with the Air and learning from others owners on the forum!
Hear hear! One of the reasons why I sold my Model S. Terrible customer service. That type of service is ok for a 15-20k car, but not for something in the luxury bracket.I just emailed Lucid customer service about something. Got a reply within 2 hours. If I call Lucid, someone picks up the phone. Night and Day. It's not all about saving 5-10k and buying a Tesla Model S over a Lucid Air. You have to look at the complete package. When I look back at my fustrations with my Tesla, I wonder how I even coped with their insolence.

Trust me, Lucid service will take excellent care of your needs.

Slightly curious, but are people placing custom build orders through reps?

I know the online configuratir has been unavailable for a while now. I thought you could only choose from inventory.

Hear hear! One of the reasons why I sold my Model S. Terrible customer service. That type of service is ok for a 15-20k car, but not for something in the luxury bracket.I just emailed Lucid customer service about something. Got a reply within 2 hours. If I call Lucid, someone picks up the phone. Night and Day. It's not all about saving 5-10k and buying a Tesla Model S over a Lucid Air. You have to look at the complete package. When I look back at my fustrations with my Tesla, I wonder how I even coped with their insolence.

Trust me, Lucid service will take excellent care of your needs.

@gaskiller this is wonderfully reassuring to hear and appreciate that you have had a great experience with Lucid service. Tesla’s customer service was incredibly disappointing. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Slightly curious, but are people placing custom build orders through reps?

I know the online configuratir has been unavailable for a while now. I thought you could only choose from inventory.

@thecodingart my apologies if my post was written as to suggest I did a custom build order. I did order a vehicle that my nearby Lucid studio salesperson showed me was available for delivery within 2 weeks. The extent of my vehicle configuration was limited to search filters the salesperson applied in the studio; e.g. exterior color, roof, wheel diameter/style. I then chose a vehicle among the results he presented to me.

View attachment IMG_0167.jpeg
View attachment IMG_0169.jpeg

Well, I took delivery of my Lucid AT (Infinite black with stealth package on 21 inch wheels) yesterday afternoon. She is a real beauty! I want to share some day one impressions from my experience during delivery and during the drive home, my first ride in the car, my first EV, too.

+Incredibly thoughtful design, inside and out. This machine turns heads and even my admiring it never gets old (yes, it’s only day one, but still).
+Luxurious ride, sporty handling, and confidence inspiring driver’s car cockpit. I cannot think of another vehicle that offers this combination of driving dynamics.
+Spacious rear seats along with massive frunk and trunk. The front cabin also has lots of compartments to put things which is really nice.
+Amazing driver assistance technology (spec’d with DDP). I really love the turn signal blind spot camera feed and the birds-eye parking view. Very high quality video, too!
+Lucid feels very special in the DC metro area, where Teslas are ubiquitous. Rivians are making a splash here, too, though the Lucid simply feels more “rare” for lack of a better term, and in the best way possible.

-The KeyFob is already on my nerves… from any distance, it works maybe 50% of the time doing what I want of it. I have already resigned myself to primarily using the keycard.
-CarPlay has a major bug where it connects and launches fine, but the audio or text message narration plays out of the speakers on my iPhone; e.g. Spotify through CarPlay on the lucid uses my iPhone speakers; whereas native Spotify uses the vehicle sound system.
-Had an epic fail trying to locate the ElectrifyAmerica charger closest to my house. The car navigation said one was 2 miles away, so I began turn-by-turn navigation to scope it out only to be led to a destination that was a bus stop next to a Ford dealership. Upon driving all around the dealership, I was unable to locate any charging stations of any kind.
-My delivery experience was underwhelming as the advisor, Alina at the Tysons, VA, studio rushed me out of there in less than 30 minutes. She was also running ~20 minutes late to start and I think had someone coming in after me for delivery. I feel very lost in how to use the settings and interfaces on what is the most high-tech thing I own at this point.

Overall, I am thrilled with the car and cannot wait to drive it. Only one of the cons listed really had to do with the car itself, that being the keyfob. The other three are things that I hope can be improved in time.

As strange as it sounds, try replacing the batteries in the key fob. Mine needed replacement shortly after I got the car and now 4 months later the fob still works perfectly.

For your odd issue with CarPlay using your phone’s speakers for text message narration, you might try deleting and repairing your phone. I’ve never had that issue with CarPlay and my iPhone. I don’t use Spotify, but it sounds like the same core issue.

Congrats on the car and I’m sure these issues will get sorted out.

View attachment 17290
View attachment 17291

Well, I took delivery of my Lucid AT (Infinite black with stealth package on 21 inch wheels) yesterday afternoon. She is a real beauty! I want to share some day one impressions from my experience during delivery and during the drive home, my first ride in the car, my first EV, too.

+Incredibly thoughtful design, inside and out. This machine turns heads and even my admiring it never gets old (yes, it’s only day one, but still).
+Luxurious ride, sporty handling, and confidence inspiring driver’s car cockpit. I cannot think of another vehicle that offers this combination of driving dynamics.
+Spacious rear seats along with massive frunk and trunk. The front cabin also has lots of compartments to put things which is really nice.
+Amazing driver assistance technology (spec’d with DDP). I really love the turn signal blind spot camera feed and the birds-eye parking view. Very high quality video, too!
+Lucid feels very special in the DC metro area, where Teslas are ubiquitous. Rivians are making a splash here, too, though the Lucid simply feels more “rare” for lack of a better term, and in the best way possible.

-The KeyFob is already on my nerves… from any distance, it works maybe 50% of the time doing what I want of it. I have already resigned myself to primarily using the keycard.
-CarPlay has a major bug where it connects and launches fine, but the audio or text message narration plays out of the speakers on my iPhone; e.g. Spotify through CarPlay on the lucid uses my iPhone speakers; whereas native Spotify uses the vehicle sound system.
-Had an epic fail trying to locate the ElectrifyAmerica charger closest to my house. The car navigation said one was 2 miles away, so I began turn-by-turn navigation to scope it out only to be led to a destination that was a bus stop next to a Ford dealership. Upon driving all around the dealership, I was unable to locate any charging stations of any kind.
-My delivery experience was underwhelming as the advisor, Alina at the Tysons, VA, studio rushed me out of there in less than 30 minutes. She was also running ~20 minutes late to start and I think had someone coming in after me for delivery. I feel very lost in how to use the settings and interfaces on what is the most high-tech thing I own at this point.

Overall, I am thrilled with the car and cannot wait to drive it. Only one of the cons listed really had to do with the car itself, that being the keyfob. The other three are things that I hope can be improved in time.
Congrats on the car!

Sorry about the rushed delivery experience. That should not have happened. But you have a community here who is happy to help with any questions, so fire away and we’ll do our best to help. Also, you can search the forums here for answers to any issues that might come up. We’ve seen just about everything here.

Congrats, that's a beautiful car you have! I go to DC very often for work.

I've had a lot of problems with the keyfobs too in the beginning. It has gotten better after 1. I replace the battery 2. Just keep using it and one day it just starts to work perfectly. Not sure if that's the reason, so I'd recommend just keep using the fob. Mobile key has consistently failed me, so I don't even bother anymore. If the fob doesn't get better soon, definitely put a service ticket in to have them take a look.

As strange as it sounds, try replacing the batteries in the key fob. Mine needed replacement shortly after I got the car and now 4 months later the fob still works perfectly.

For your odd issue with CarPlay using your phone’s speakers for text message narration, you might try deleting and repairing your phone. I’ve never had that issue with CarPlay and my iPhone. I don’t use Spotify, but it sounds like the same core issue.

Congrats on the car and I’m sure these issues will get sorted out.
Thanks for this suggestion. I will pickup one of the coin batteries and give this a shot along with clearing and reconnecting my iPhone to the vehicle. The CarPlay issues were so strange.

Thanks again. I am super pumped about the car!!

Congrats on the car!

Sorry about the rushed delivery experience. That should not have happened. But you have a community here who is happy to help with any questions, so fire away and we’ll do our best to help. Also, you can search the forums here for answers to any issues that might come up. We’ve seen just about everything here.

Appreciate the offer of support as I figure things out with the new car. I have already learned a great deal from this forum. Thanks again!

Question from a forum newbie if anyone may be able to weigh-in… how do I post photos in-line with my post?

I have posted previously and used the Image upload button in the editor, but it seems to make the attachment as a link that one must link after I post. I would prefer to make the pictures in-line as they may be more easily consumable.

Thanks in advance!

Question from a forum newbie if anyone may be able to weigh-in… how do I post photos in-line with my post?

I have posted previously and used the Image upload button in the editor, but it seems to make the attachment as a link that one must link after I post. I would prefer to make the pictures in-line as they may be more easily consumable.

Thanks in advance!
Click on the image in top menu and drop the image in. I think you can only do one image inline and others will show up as attachments.

Thanks in advance!
Once you've uploaded them, you can hover over the uploaded attachment and hit the 'Insert Image' button.

I think you can only do one image inline and others will show up as attachments.
You can do as many as you want; hover over the attachment and hit 'Insert Image'

Back