Admin
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Dream P
DE Number
Referral Code
R0YBCKIJ
I woke up today to my car fully charged after my scheduled charging worked as promised. I was also able to walk up to my car and have it unlock and let me in. Also when I put my foot on the brake and hit reverse, the cameras all worked. Made my 40 mile drive with no issues, HA worked great, USB music was amazing (thanks to @Dortreo for hooking me up with The Koln Concert).

Thanks Lucid engineers both hardware and software for another enjoyable drive!

It’s nice to see the positive posts rolling through again! Anyone perusing the forums looking for information, please keep in mind that mostly frustrated people will do most of the posting unless someone is just answering or asking questions. If you check most of the verified owners posts, the results are mostly positive, it’s just that most people don’t take to the forum to say “hey, I ran some errands today and everything worked as designed!” But maybe we should. It’s not to blindly ignore those few with actual issues, there has definitely been some, it’s just not the majority. Almost all of us knew we were getting in on the ground floor of a brand new car company and decided it was worth it to deal with some possible minor and some cases major bugs. This car is not for everyone, and that’s ok. For me, I am still in absolute love with it!

This is my daily experience. I've had a few minor issues that were promptly repaired. As a daily driver, this car is such a unique pleasure. Nearly 8,000 miles, and I've enjoyed every single one. 2.0.55 has been extremely stable! The future is bright!

I woke up today to my car fully charged after my scheduled charging worked as promised. I was also able to walk up to my car and have it unlock and let me in. Also when I put my foot on the brake and hit reverse, the cameras all worked. Made my 40 mile drive with no issues, HA worked great, USB music was amazing (thanks to @Dortreo for hooking me up with The Koln Concert).

Thanks Lucid engineers both hardware and software for another enjoyable drive!
You do it so well.

My door handles took nearly 10 seconds to present this morning and my car was not charged like @hydbob. I suspect it doesn't charge when it is not plugged in. This was intentional since I have free charging at work. My drive was also perfect except I used both USB and Tidal. I rolled into work 5 minutes earlier than normal, the reason for that may have something to do how much fun I was having driving today. Friday is one year for my car and I still look forward to driving it every time. One year on Friday also means I am feeling really good about Carplay Friday this week.

i know mods have a lot on their hands and that this is a thankless job, but if many feel that the negative posts are no longer constructive, incessantly whiny, and often goes off tangent, maybe it's time for a different approach.

on some subreddits, mods require anyone asking questions or posting issues to post in a specific format (what is the issue, when did it start, software number, what have you tried so far, timeline/chronology of contacting lucid support, etc). the goal is to provide an outline for the complaint, trouble, issues, etc, so that everything stays on topic, provides a clear explanation of what's going on without missing details, and allows a certain level of barrier of entry for trolls.

after the posting, there is frequently an automod that directs the poster to FAQ sections, specific topic megathreads, official links, etc.

i personally still read the complaint threads, but if the OPs don't provide clear information, spends more time venting their emotion rather than the issue at hand, reeks of entitlement, and refuses to follow up with information that will help with diagnostics, i just assume it's a troll and aren't asking in good faith, and move onto the next thread. hopefully by having a strict form/guideline for posting their experiences, issues, and troubles, it'll guide the discussions in the right direction and make everything more constructive, for both parties.

i know mods have a lot on their hands and that this is a thankless job, but if many feel that the negative posts are no longer constructive, incessantly whiny, and often goes off tangent, maybe it's time for a different approach.

on some subreddits, mods require anyone asking questions or posting issues to post in a specific format (what is the issue, when did it start, software number, what have you tried so far, timeline/chronology of contacting lucid support, etc). the goal is to provide an outline for the complaint, trouble, issues, etc, so that everything stays on topic, provides a clear explanation of what's going on without missing details, and allows a certain level of barrier of entry for trolls.

after the posting, there is frequently an automod that directs the poster to FAQ sections, specific topic megathreads, official links, etc.

i personally still read the complaint threads, but if the OPs don't provide clear information, spends more time venting their emotion rather than the issue at hand, reeks of entitlement, and refuses to follow up with information that will help with diagnostics, i just assume it's a troll and aren't asking in good faith, and move onto the next thread. hopefully by having a strict form/guideline for posting their experiences, issues, and troubles, it'll guide the discussions in the right direction and make everything more constructive, for both parties.
Noted; this isn't a bad idea. Requiring a specific format is something we'll consider!

There have been some major improvements all around, although I do have to call out that yesterday my car was stuck loading an incorrect profile for 30 minutes… unlock response times have also been a bit off.

Unfortunately the software is still in a bit of a give and take state for me. The backup camera has been a huge drastic improvement over the past few updates.

I mostly agree that negativity gets us nowhere. However, as far as rigidly formatting posts on this forum, I very much prefer the idiosyncratic, conversational nature of the forum. I appreciate the personalities of most who contribute and the moderators' gentle hands in guiding the forum. Sometimes an occasional negative is worthy, but the positive postings are a bit of sunshine. I guess I don't receive the "active member" appellation because most of the time I lurk, simply reading the comments rather than logging in. I try not to post unless I have something worthwhile to contribute. (Of course, that's in the eye of the reader.) While a few minor tweaks of the forum might be in beneficial, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I also might add that were it not for this forum I might never have bought my Lucid Touring. For all the negative comments, it provided the insight I needed to commit. At least now I know if something goes awry with my Lucid that I'm not alone

As a humorous aside, the Lucid is so quiet that my partner decided to replace our very noise electric garage door with a new super quiet belt-drive door. I guess this car changes one's perceptions!

I mostly agree that negativity gets us nowhere. However, as far as rigidly formatting posts on this forum, I very much prefer the idiosyncratic, conversational nature of the forum. I appreciate the personalities of most who contribute and the moderators' gentle hands in guiding the forum. Sometimes an occasional negative is worthy, but the positive postings are a bit of sunshine. I guess I don't receive the "active member" appellation because most of the time I lurk, simply reading the comments rather than logging in. I try not to post unless I have something worthwhile to contribute. (Of course, that's in the eye of the reader.) While a few minor tweaks of the forum might be in beneficial, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I also might add that were it not for this forum I might never have bought my Lucid Touring. For all the negative comments, it provided the insight I needed to commit. At least now I know if something goes awry with my Lucid that I'm not alone

As a humorous aside, the Lucid is so quiet that my partner decided to replace our very noise electric garage door with a new super quiet belt-drive door. I guess this car changes one's perceptions!
It's weird for me to type this, but I do believe the target market is in the more grounded area of the world (which is a good thing). Companies like BMW, Mercedes, Tesla seem to ride on blind fandom at times. Most of us are critical and also have a tendency to ground each other in different areas. I love it. We do get comments that are highly negative, but they're typically re-grounded back to reality while only continuing conversations on whatever nuggets of truth that may have led to the comment to begin with. Very productive for us and transparent for potential buyers.

The bad part about the situation is, we're not always the best blind salespeople for the brand. This is where my criticism of how Lucid needs to build up better brand recognition and concepts of "loyalty". I believe most of us have the vehicle because is suites our needs/wants/desires. But there's nothing really grounding us to a sense of brand loyalty (nor should there be). At this price point, that loyalty does make a difference for other decisions or how people talk up the brand versus some BS from other "loyalists".

Just another great daily drive in a great car…

Attachments

• FC0EB8C9-C19C-4ED3-B15A-593AD1BAB344.jpeg
    FC0EB8C9-C19C-4ED3-B15A-593AD1BAB344.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 84
I mostly agree that negativity gets us nowhere. However, as far as rigidly formatting posts on this forum, I very much prefer the idiosyncratic, conversational nature of the forum. I appreciate the personalities of most who contribute and the moderators' gentle hands in guiding the forum.
following a basic guideline or format won't stop the conversational nature of the forum. people are free to respond and post how they want. a simple format merely ensures that a basic level of information is provided so that the community can work together to diagnose the issue or point the OP in the right direction, similar to submitting an IT ticket.

Back