• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Tesla FSD to increase to $15,000.

What is the likelihood that Lucid will be rolling out DreamDrive Pro this year? I am at a point where I have to make a decision whether or not to keep the Lucid GT reservation. Is the car still worth getting with the current half-baked autonomous software?

Only you can answer that question.

Only you can answer that question.
Thanks for stating the obvious as an “expert” member of this community. Any and all questions are to be answered by that individual ultimately. I guess what I am asking is for some data points that folks in the community are willing to share that would help me answer that question.

Last edited:
The point is that opinions on something like buying a car with dream drive pro are like assholes...everyone has one. Each of us has a different view on doing that. So that is what I mean by only you can answer that question. My opinion should be irrelevant to you.

If you have been reading this forum you can see members who have cancelled for various reasons most often software. You see others who love their cars and would never get rid of them.

Which of the DD Pro features are important to YOU; which are not. For example, I could care less about the car autonomously changing lanes but I do care about having a working ACC. But there are also members here who have turned off ACC and don't want it and there are some who want the lane change assistant.

What is the likelihood that Lucid will be rolling out DreamDrive Pro this year? I am at a point where I have to make a decision whether or not to keep the Lucid GT reservation. Is the car still worth getting with the current half-baked autonomous software?
If you are talking about a fully developed L3 system, absolutely zero - not even the end of next year either. Lucid has always stated it is a development process that may take 3 years or so. If having a L3 system when you purchase is important to you, as someone posted in another thread, you should wait until the features are already available on the car to buy. I think Lucid will have Highway assist and maybe Traffic Jam Assist available in 6 months or so (no insider info, just my guess). I think they will have a very good L2 system in 6 to 12 months. Then they will slowly introduce enhancements bringing in features of their L3 system. This is what @Drendino is stating - if you aren't willing to be part of the development ride, you should get out of line before boarding.

If you are talking about a fully developed L3 system, absolutely zero - not even the end of next year either. Lucid has always stated it is a development process that may take 3 years or so. If having a L3 system when you purchase is important to you, as someone posted in another thread, you should wait until the features are already available on the car to buy. I think Lucid will have Highway assist and maybe Traffic Jam Assist available in 6 months or so (no insider info, just my guess). I think they will have a very good L2 system in 6 to 12 months. Then they will slowly introduce enhancements bringing in features of their L3 system. This is what @Drendino is stating - if you aren't willing to be part of the development ride, you should get out of line before boarding.
This is correct. That said, the existing ACC works extremely well, and I use it on road trips all the time.

The DD Pro is a hardware and software purchase, with a bet on future software in the coming years. Whether it’s worth it or not is a personal choice, but you’ll be waiting for a bit. The upside is it will be real, most likely, unlike the promises of FSD. The downside is they’re not promising full city self driving, at least not soon. Tesla does, but, well, most people who have used it would rather wish they didn’t haha

i think it's important to point out that DDP gives you real life physical upgrades to the car (LIDAR and additional cameras), the 360 degree view, and blind spot display (not just warning). so even if L3 driving (lane switching, etc) never comes to fruition, DDP gives you actual tangible stuff. now whether or not it's worth it is completely up to you.

but at least youre getting something

Slim to none. IMHO.

This is correct. That said, the existing ACC works extremely well, and I use it on road trips all the time.

The DD Pro is a hardware and software purchase, with a bet on future software in the coming years. Whether it’s worth it or not is a personal choice, but you’ll be waiting for a bit. The upside is it will be real, most likely, unlike the promises of FSD. The downside is they’re not promising full city self driving, at least not soon. Tesla does, but, well, most people who have used it would rather wish they didn’t haha
The ACC still has problems, at least on my and other cars, so I would not trust any driver assistance software from Lucid for at least a year.

The ACC still has problems, at least on my and other cars, so I would not trust any driver assistance software from Lucid for at least a year.
I respect that; I’ve had zero issues with it, so I trust it at this point. Others haven’t had any issues either, though there are some that have (including you). It may be a “depends on the components you got” issue, but I agree it will improve for everyone over time.

I respect that; I’ve had zero issues with it, so I trust it at this point. Others haven’t had any issues either, though there are some that have (including you). It may be a “depends on the components you got” issue, but I agree it will improve for everyone over time.
I have seen two ACC faults, so far. If all of the traffic in front of the car has stopped, meaning the ACC has no motion clues, then it will not slow down until very late then may slam on the brakes, I have always applied the brakes. The second issues is that it seems to have a wide field of view and sometimes slows down when I car in an adjacent lane is turning.

My BMW has ACC and I use it all the time. But that doesn't mean I trust it. While it has never failed me, I still watch the cars in front of me and the road and I am always ready to brake if necessary.

My BMW has ACC and I use it all the time. But that doesn't mean I trust it. While it has never failed me, I still watch the cars in front of me and the road and I am always ready to brake if necessary.
Oh of course. When I say I trust it, I don’t mean I fall asleep, lol

I have seen two ACC faults, so far. If all of the traffic in front of the car has stopped, meaning the ACC has no motion clues, then it will not slow down until very late then may slam on the brakes, I have always applied the brakes. The second issues is that it seems to have a wide field of view and sometimes slows down when I car in an adjacent lane is turning.
Yeah, you’ve mentioned the first one before. I haven’t run into either of those. 🤷‍♂️

I also watch the traffic and that's why the lucid ACC hasn't caused an accident for me. I guess that my point is that we have three cars with ACC and the Lucid is the only one that I don't trust.

Yeah, you’ve mentioned the first one before. I haven’t run into either of those. 🤷‍♂️
That's good, its very scary. I don't think that I am the only one that has had that problem.

I asked the question to see whether Lucid is closing in on Tesla, which has developed a robust L2 system. Your comment suggests we are looking at a 6–12-month development timeline for Lucid to get to where Tesla is now. I like that Lucid's efforts incorporate LIDAR, which Tesla seems to have given up.

I asked the question to see whether Lucid is closing in on Tesla, which has developed a robust L2 system. Your comment suggests we are looking at a 6–12-month development timeline for Lucid to get to where Tesla is now. I like that Lucid's efforts incorporate LIDAR, which Tesla seems to have given up.
Really if L2/L3 right now is the most important factor for your next new car, Lucid is not for you.

What appealed to you when you purchased your Lucid?
Range, performance, luxury, styling. I don't care about highway assist or self drive. I paid for FSD on my Tesla and I don't trust it

Range, performance, luxury, styling. I don't care about highway assist or self drive. I paid for FSD on my Tesla and I don't trust it
I know what you mean. FSD is not yet ready for prime time, so it's tough to trust it 100%.

Back