98% do not buy Tesla's FSD after trying it for a month

Would help to add that the main reason almost no one buys it for $8k is that you can subscribe for $99 a month now and cancel/restart any time you want. Unless you are keeping your car for at least 80 months, even the basic math tells you to rent it. The correct statistic would be to report how many are now paying for FSD on either plan that weren’t before. I think that the main reason for the free month trial to everyone wasn’t necessarily about the revenue but about collecting the data for improvement. I thought it worked reasonably well and will probably subscribe occasionally, but no chance I’d pay $8k for it. Also sucks that it doesn’t go with you to a new Tesla and you’d have to buy it all over again.

Not to get into a heated Lucid vs Tesla debate, but from experience, Lucid's "no cutting corners" tactic, by providing both Radar and LIDAR has unfortunately not been well executed. The biggest case in point is that Dream Drive still does not recognize stopped vehicles most of the time. Tesla's latest vision only system (FSD-Supervised) is able to properly recognize stopped vehicles.
Understand your point, but what’s the point in pushing the use of just cameras when we all know that’s unsafe? Lack of redundancy is a big safety issue with FSD. Did you see the video where it was driving into a train?

Would help to add that the main reason almost no one buys it for $8k is that you can subscribe for $99 a month now and cancel/restart any time you want. Unless you are keeping your car for at least 80 months, even the basic math tells you to rent it. The correct statistic would be to report how many are now paying for FSD on either plan that weren’t before. I think that the main reason for the free month trial to everyone wasn’t necessarily about the revenue but about collecting the data for improvement. I thought it worked reasonably well and will probably subscribe occasionally, but no chance I’d pay $8k for it. Also sucks that it doesn’t go with you to a new Tesla and you’d have to buy it all over again.
Agree, the transferability is a joke, you would think they would allow transfer to a new Tesla. One of the main reasons we didn’t buy a new Tesla. But now, we won’t even consider one due to the politics of the CEO.

Soon, Tesla will offer it in an exchange for your live insurance.

Back