• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Tesla FSD to increase to $15,000.

hydbob

Referral Code - R0YBCKIJ
Admin
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Dream P
DE Number
Referral Code
R0YBCKIJ
I bought FSD at $2K, and wouldn't do it again until it is reliable enough for daily use without constant micromanaging.

2000, 5000, 8000, 10000, 12000, 15000…..

By end of this decade, that FSD software will cost more than Toyota Camry.

Sadly though, people keep falling for it! The guy is a liar and how a class action hasn’t come up regarding this is astounding.

Maybe we’ll be eating our words if DreamDrive Pro doesn’t get enabled this year 😂

I paid for it twice. Fool me once , Shame on you, fool me twice Shame on me

Complete rip off. The only people that ever get updates are the people on the beta, so you pay to be a beta tester. If anything do the monthly subscription if needed. Eventually self driving will be free, I know a long ways off, but it will be.

It was 6K when I bought it and I thought it was iffy on value at that point. I’m in the beta and while it impressive software, I don’t think I could pay 12k for it. I don’t think the prices will stick.

It was 6K when I bought it and I thought it was iffy on value at that point. I’m in the beta and while it impressive software, I don’t think I could pay 12k for it. I don’t think the prices will stick.
I would think if they made it $3k they would get at least 10x the take rate vs. $15k pricing. It’s software so deploying to 1M cars vs 100k carries only incremental additional cost. I would think that approach would be better financially.

Goldman Sachs has lowered its Tesla delivery estimate for the full year of 2022 to 1.401 million units, which is still very close to Tesla's rough guideline of roughly 50% increase year-over-year.

Assuming 1/2 of them are buying FSD and the anemic 2022 number due to China locked down is replicated conservatively in 2023.

1.401M x 50% x $15,000 = $10,507,500,000

That’s enough $ to build 2.x new Gigafactories for just software price alone. And Elon wants to build 10+ Gigafactories to have 20M annual production by 2030 goal. #monster

Goldman Sachs has lowered its Tesla delivery estimate for the full year of 2022 to 1.401 million units, which is still very close to Tesla's rough guideline of roughly 50% increase year-over-year.

Assuming 1/2 of them are buying FSD and the anemic 2022 number due to China locked down is replicated conservatively in 2023.

1.401M x 50% x $15,000 = $10,507,500,000

That’s enough $ to build 2.x new Gigafactories for just software price alone. And Elon wants to build 10+ Gigafactories to have 20M annual production by 2030 goal. #monster
Yes but no way is the take rate going to be anything close to 50% at $15k. Maybe 5%…10% at best.

Cut the price to $3 or $4k then I could possibly see 50% take rate.

Yes but no way is the take rate going to be anything close to 50% at $15k. Maybe 5%…10% at best.

Cut the price to $3 or $4k then I could possibly see 50% take rate.
maybe Elon is overestimating their popularity.

Emperor Elon strikes again 🤣

Attachments

• 97FE92ED-D6B9-4D95-A6D4-6AAF05BF8758.jpeg
    97FE92ED-D6B9-4D95-A6D4-6AAF05BF8758.jpeg
    688.1 KB · Views: 112
Emperor Elon strikes again 🤣
The humanity is living under Elon’s world. 🤣

He’s going a great job helping humanity with 9 children to avoid “Population Collapse” theory.

Sadly though, people keep falling for it! The guy is a liar and how a class action hasn’t come up regarding this is astounding.

Maybe we’ll be eating our words if DreamDrive Pro doesn’t get enabled this year 😂
What is the likelihood that Lucid will be rolling out DreamDrive Pro this year? I am at a point where I have to make a decision whether or not to keep the Lucid GT reservation. Is the car still worth getting with the current half-baked autonomous software?

What is the likelihood that Lucid will be rolling out DreamDrive Pro this year? I am at a point where I have to make a decision whether or not to keep the Lucid GT reservation. Is the car still worth getting with the current half-baked autonomous software?
Half baked? If you don’t understand or can’t get onboard with the journey, cancel your reservation. Some people are better off paying more and losing the tax credit in favor of more complete software.

Half baked? If you don’t understand or can’t get onboard with the journey, cancel your reservation. Some people are better off paying more and losing the tax credit in favor of more complete software.
i am came here to seek understanding. You stating something about not understanding the journey implies you know what the journey is but are unwilling to share. Please do. I am all ears!

Back