Suspension Control Fault

noobzilla

Got a "Suspension Control Fault". Called Customer service. First one sounded like an outsourced agent and had no idea what to do and sounded BSing his way out. Telling me to wait and just call back tomorrow... Im not gonna leave my car here at a shopping area open parking lot! Called again and luckily got a wayyy more competent rep. Car got get towed, will be stored at towing location, then delivered tomorrow to Rocklin service center.

I did the profile switch and walked far from the car for reset but that didn't work.

I was playing around the valet card and resetting password. Figuring out if I can prevent the glovebox from being opened or require a PIN but can't figure it out. Anyways, as I went in and out the car, reset the profile, turned off my phone bluetooth and got in with valet card.. the error disappeared and the car is driveable. I forwarded and reversed an inch just to see but scared to drive it home. Tow was on the way already anyway.

I called service and their opinion is to get it towed and checked anyways so I'm going that route. I'm just very distrustful, hopefully no damage to my car during the process. I'll update once I hear back from Rocklin service center tomorrow.

P. S. I was out of the country for two weeks. First day driving it. On the freeway it felt that car was vibrating more than I remember. Could be just me having jetlag and poor sleep.. everything looked brighter too so maybe I'm just being more sensitive but could be symptom of suspension issue?

Got a "Suspension Control Fault". Called Customer service. First one sounded like an outsourced agent and had no idea what to do and sounded BSing his way out. Telling me to wait and just call back tomorrow... Im not gonna leave my car here at a shopping area open parking lot! Called again and luckily got a wayyy more competent rep. Car got get towed, will be stored at towing location, then delivered tomorrow to Rocklin service center.

I did the profile switch and walked far from the car for reset but that didn't work.

I was playing around the valet card and resetting password. Figuring out if I can prevent the glovebox from being opened or require a PIN but can't figure it out. Anyways, as I went in and out the car, reset the profile, turned off my phone bluetooth and got in with valet card.. the error disappeared and the car is driveable. I forwarded and reversed an inch just to see but scared to drive it home. Tow was on the way already anyway.

I called service and their opinion is to get it towed and checked anyways so I'm going that route. I'm just very distrustful, hopefully no damage to my car during the process. I'll update once I hear back from Rocklin service center tomorrow.

P. S. I was out of the country for two weeks. First day driving it. On the freeway it felt that car was vibrating more than I remember. Could be just me having jetlag and poor sleep.. everything looked brighter too so maybe I'm just being more sensitive but could be symptom of suspension issue?
This is the first time that I have seen someone report this fault. I hope that it can be fixed quickly. Please let us know how it progresses.

I think it’s also the first problem I’ve heard of in a Pure? “Suspension control”, would that just be the stiffening from smooth to sprint modes? I’d think the car would still be driveable. You probably got the outsourced guy because of it being Easter weekend and less staff? When I texted them about my accident it was this Saturday and a very knowledgeable helpful person replied relatively quick.

Brighter? You mean the headlights?

I think it’s also the first problem I’ve heard of in a Pure? “Suspension control”, would that just be the stiffening from smooth to sprint modes? I’d think the car would still be driveable. You probably got the outsourced guy because of it being Easter weekend and less staff? When I texted them about my accident it was this Saturday and a very knowledgeable helpful person replied relatively quick.
No clue what it is. I will ask the service center later since I'm curious too. The fault went away after several soft restarts and I was able to drive into the tow truck. Support said best to just bring it in for service.

Yup.. Sunday and holiday. 2nd person was able to set up tow and Lyft back home within 15 mins.

Brighter? You mean the headlights?
My vision being extra sensitive to light.

Especially on the freeway, I felt my seats and steering wheel vibrated a lot like the car was stiff. But again I havent driven in 2 weeks so it couldve been there since the beginning and I only noticed recently. I checked the tires and it's up to 52-53 from the usual 49 so that could be the culprit too.

I drove from home to grocery then back home (freeway; 32mi total). Home to Home Depot (in roads; 5mi). Got the fault at Home Depot after shopping. I couldn't reverse or drive.

... checked the tires and it's up to 52-53 from the usual 49 so that could be the culprit too. ...
The 49 psi setting for 19" tires would be the cold tire setting. Once they warm up (e.g. once the car can measure them as you have been driving) you can expect a slightly higher reading (52-53 is not unreasonable).

Update:
They could not get the fault to show up again. They said they found left rear strut fault, but didnt find any loose wirings and did a push/pull test with no result. Issue may have resolved when checking the connections. They ordered spare part for inventory in case the fault occurs again but at this point no parts were replaced.

Regarding the vibrations they also said they could not replicate it but they found 3 of 4 wheels to be unbalanced, so that couldve been the cause.

Misaligned trunk has been fixed now too so hopefully that wont be causing once-in-a-while trunk not closing properly issues anymore.

Car is on the way back home. Very excited to have it back soon!

Update:
They could not get the fault to show up again. They said they found left rear strut fault, but didnt find any loose wirings and did a push/pull test with no result. Issue may have resolved when checking the connections. They ordered spare part for inventory in case the fault occurs again but at this point no parts were replaced.

Regarding the vibrations they also said they could not replicate it but they found 3 of 4 wheels to be unbalanced, so that couldve been the cause.

Misaligned trunk has been fixed now too so hopefully that wont be causing once-in-a-while trunk not closing properly issues anymore.

Car is on the way back home. Very excited to have it back soon!
What was the misalign trunk issue you had?

What was the misalign trunk issue you had?
There's a bigger gap on the trunk panel at the driver's side vs the passenger side. Sometimes when closing the trunk, some slight jam occurs so the trunk would attempt to close down but stops.

1681874231055.png

No luck but turns out Im able to drive even with the error. The service person said last time I should be able to drive it if it shows up again. I'm guessing he put an override because I swear I couldn't reverse or drive when it first happened

No luck but turns out Im able to drive even with the error. The service person said last time I should be able to drive it if it shows up again. I'm guessing he put an override because I swear I couldn't reverse or drive when it first happened
I thought they fixed it?

The fault is gone now after parking at home and leaving the car off for a while.

What's the part?!

Update:
Some part for the strut. They may have mentioned rod but not 100% sure

Update:

Strut was changed a bit more than a month ago but the error still triggered. Eventually they changed the wiring related to that side getting the fault. It's been about 3+ weeks and I haven't gotten the error again which typically should have already shown up by now. Looks like it's been fixed.

I also have received the suspension control fault, went through the same reset and had a tech. dispatched to my home. He could find nothing and referred his findings to the Seattle center. They contacted me and said they were ordering a left front strut and will transport my car to the service center for replacement. Haven't heard back from them in two weeks and I am still driving the vehicle with no apparent problems, even though the warning still come on every time I start it up.

Back