Survey Regarding Bugs

This is first time I got into that situation where I was parking on curbside and indicator was turned on to show the intent. Observed that turn indicator stayed on after exiting the car and car locked itself. I'm not sure if someone else observed this. Try and report back. This is a bug IMO.
Ah what you have discovered is the “turn signal reset” method of rebooting the car. When you turn on the turn signal and then exit the vehicle it will continue to blink for several seconds then the vehicle locks and reboots. This was oft-used in the software 1.0 days to reset the glitches that occurred almost daily. Now we just do the air logo reset and the turn signal reboot isn’t really used anymore.

Ah what you have discovered is the “turn signal reset” method of rebooting the car. When you turn on the turn signal and then exit the vehicle it will continue to blink for several seconds then the vehicle locks and reboots. This was oft-used in the software 1.0 days to reset the glitches that occurred almost daily. Now we just do the air logo reset and the turn signal reboot isn’t really used anymore.
I think the turn signal was just an indicator to show you when the car reset (when turn signal turns off, means the car is in reset procedure)
But the turn signal itself doesn't trigger the reset. It was just a visual indicator. What they're describing is something different because it sounds like they're not locking the car themselves, or getting far enough from the vehicle for it to go into a shutdown cycle and then subsequently hard reset.

I think the turn signal was just an indicator to show you when the car reset (when turn signal turns off, means the car is in reset procedure)
But the turn signal itself doesn't trigger the reset. It was just a visual indicator. What they're describing is something different because it sounds like they're not locking the car themselves, or getting far enough from the vehicle for it to go into a shutdown cycle and then subsequently hard reset.
Yeah it doesn’t make the reset happen, the blinker shutting off after you’ve exited just means the car has initiated the reboot.

I believe reset sequence that is described by you triggers when vehicle is parked and you turn the signal. In my case vehicle was in drive and signal was given to indicate intent to park on the side but still car was not parked on the curbside.

IMO that's not the sequence for car reset or reboot.

After I exited the car, it locked once I walked away but indicator continued to blink. I had to go back, unlock the car and manually turn off the indicator.

Last edited:
Well the car puts itself in brake hold mode when you stop and then in park when you open the door even if it was in drive. Are you saying you stopped the car, tried to turn off the turn signal and it didn’t turn off and stayed on when you exited the vehicle? Having a hard time understanding your description of the sequence of events.

Well the car puts itself in brake hold mode when you stop and then in park when you open the door even if it was in drive. Are you saying you stopped the car, tried to turn off the turn signal and it didn’t turn off and stayed on when you exited the vehicle? Having a hard time understanding your description of the sequence of events.
Clarified with few edits above, you were too fast 😀 to respond

I reported 2 bugs 2 lucid cs. HERE maps not navigating to the same address as Google.
The ccs connector sometimes takes longer to allow unplug after stopping dcfc.
Also I need to report to cs that sharing an address from Google maps to lucid fails about 25% of the time. I need to send this bug to lucid.

In NAV, when I enter an address and go to "manage routes" to select which one I want, there is one route already highlighted. When I press the bubble to select an alternate route, it often randomly resets to the original route as I drive until I get to a point on the route I want where it is shorter/more direct than the original route.

I have also had the problem with turning the blinker on to pull into a parking space, putting the car in park and exiting the car and the blinker does not shut off after I have walked away. I was a fair distance and looked back to see the blinker still on. At least one time, the car doors were still unlocked.

When I start navigation in the Lucid nav, it asks me like 3 times if I want to start route or ignore, despite already being routed to that destination.

In NAV, when I enter an address and go to "manage routes" to select which one I want, there is one route already highlighted. When I press the bubble to select an alternate route, it often randomly resets to the original route as I drive until I get to a point on the route I want where it is shorter/more direct than the original route.

I have also had the problem with turning the blinker on to pull into a parking space, putting the car in park and exiting the car and the blinker does not shut off after I have walked away. I was a fair distance and looked back to see the blinker still on. At least one time, the car doors were still unlocked.
Blinker will stay on until the car goes to sleep. If you listen carefully, you will hear a “click” as the contacters disengage.

I reported 2 bugs 2 lucid cs. HERE maps not navigating to the same address as Google....
Also I need to report to cs that sharing an address from Google maps to lucid fails about 25% of the time. I need to send this bug to lucid....
I think a large part of this is simply that HERE's maps database isn't identical to Google's (or Apple's). There will be differences.

In the USA, most use Google Maps to look up locations and plan routes. The remainder use Apple Maps. Almost no one uses HERE maps. "Send to car" is bound to have issues unless the car is using the same maps database as your phone or desktop computer. It will mostly work if you are routing to a simple address, and less frequently work if you are routing to a landmark name, trailhead, etc.

The best fix for this is for the automaker to use Google Maps database, as does Tesla (though with a proprietary routing engine), or has native Google Maps and navigation - as do Volvo, Polestar, and soon, several others.

Last edited:
I think a large part of this is simply that HERE's maps database isn't identical to Google's (or Apple's). There will be differences.

In the USA, most use Google Maps to look up locations and plan routes. The remainder use Apple Maps. Almost no one uses HERE maps. "Send to car" is bound to have issues unless the car is using the same maps database as your phone or desktop computer. It will mostly work if you are routing to a simple address, and rarely work if you are routing to a landmark name, trailhead, etc.

The best fix for this is for the automaker to use Google Maps database, as does Tesla (though with a proprietary routing engine), or has native Google Maps and navigation - as do Volvo, Polestar, and soon, several others.
Actually best fix for this might be to translate that address or location from Google Maps into coordinates into HERE and sent to the car. Coordinates can never be wrong

Strange, I’m generally happy with the HERE navigation (except for the voice). Must be me. ;)

Strange, I’m generally happy with the HERE navigation (except for the voice). Must be me. ;)
Stop it. This is the internet, you’re supposed to complain.

Back