Survey Regarding Bugs

Continuing saga with the profile: today, while I was driving, the car switched to wife’s profile. Wife, her phone, and fob were not in vicinity.
I think this may have already been reported on the forum, but first time for me.
I’ve sent an email to CS, too.
Wait, it switched WHILE you were driving?

Yes, indeed.
That's a new one. I would report that to service and have them look at the logs. In the bug survey with over 1,000,000 miles driven, zero reports of that one!

And another bug tonigh: 3 of us in the car, each with own iPhone and profile. No fob. Son was driver. He opened the car first and his phone was connected to CarPlay. He turned on Waze. 15 minutes into the drive , the CarPlay display just went crazy. It was acting as if it was trying to locate the GPS location of the phone, with the map turning every which way. Meanwhile Waze was acting completely normal on the iPhone.

That's a new one. I would report that to service and have them look at the logs. In the bug survey with over 1,000,000 miles driven, zero reports of that one!
Yep, incidence was reported.

And another bug tonigh: 3 of us in the car, each with own iPhone and profile. No fob. Son opened the car first and his phone was connected to CarPlay. He turned on Waze. 15 minutes into the drive , the CarPlay display just went crazy. It was acting as if it was trying to locate the GPS location of the phone, with the map turning every which way. Meanwhile Waze was acting completely normal on the iPhone.
It sounds like your car is possessed. I think the profile system is poorly implemented. I only have one profile in my car and it’s been very solid.

It sounds like your car is possessed. I think the profile system is poorly implemented. I only have one profile in my car and it’s been very solid.
We‘ve had 3 profiles since the beginning and never had any profile issues until now, except the driver seat not adjusting correctly which we just manually work around.

At midnight, CS sent me a f/u on the profile issue and asked if the son's phone was linked to his profile. I told her that it was set up by the DA upon delivery.
For the Waze issue, CS had no question but hoped it wouldn't recur.

Continuing saga with the profile: today, while I was driving, the car switched to wife’s profile. Wife, her phone, and fob were not in vicinity.
I think this may have already been reported on the forum, but first time for me.
I’ve sent an email to CS, too.
This happened to me once about a year ago. Customer care could no figure anything out but it has never happened again. I had assumed that it was fixed with one of the earlier updates.

Anyone else ntoicr when they're in HA or just Cruise Control, that when you click the "X" or stop button to get out of the mode, it doesn't immediately go into regen but instead kind of canceled regen completely for about a second before regen kicks in? It like coasts?

One time I was approaching an intersection and I timed it so I would push the X and it would basically come to to a stop, but this sudden lack of slowing down freaked me out to where I had to push my brakes

I wonder if we could add this list of bugs and find temporary "solutions" for them.

One odd bug. Once every 4 months or so- cannot exit vehicle with driver door . Pull switch doesn't work. Have to crawl over and out passenger door. Reset the car - then it works again. Very odd. Thanks @Bobby - just eclipsed 30k miles over past year I've seen it all. Super happy after all - fixes and improvements have all worked.

One odd bug. Once every 4 months or so- cannot exit vehicle with driver door . Pull switch doesn't work. Have to crawl over and out passenger door. Reset the car - then it works again. Very odd. Thanks @Bobby - just eclipsed 30k miles over past year I've seen it all. Super happy after all - fixes and improvements have all worked.
If you pull the trigger harder it will bypass the electronic switch and you can still get out mechanically. Jsudt a harder pull

If you pull the trigger harder it will bypass the electronic switch and you can still get out mechanically. Jsudt a harder pull
AGREE... but... get that handle replaced!

Thanks- I tried that! Didn't work- used all my weight- maybe I did it wrong- but pulled as hard as I could - no dislatching. Odd.....

I am working on a survey to further defined the incidence of bugs in the software. The first step is to create a list. Then I will create a survey from it.
I will be submitting the results to Lucid. Currently, here are the items. Please respond below if you have anything else to add. Remember, this is about bugs, not desired features.

BUG: Hold mode is sometimes not automatically selected when car is first started. The car will roll down an incline, which may be the opposite direction of the driver's intention.
BUG: Cameras/Radar/Lidar: High quality and 360 camera system takes way too long to boot after car has been asleep. Low quality reversing camera (red line) is available until then.
BUG: Cameras/Radar/Lidar: Blindspot cameras occasionally do not turn on at all. Red warning for a vehicle in the blind spot still shows properly.
BUG: Cameras/Radar/Lidar: Blindspot cameras have a low quality image
BUG: Cameras/Radar/Lidar: LIDAR will sometimes display "camera blocked" during rainy conditions
BUG: Cameras/Radar/Lidar: Corner radar faults when driving or parking near metal buildings.

BUG: CarPlay audio is occasionally not heard, requires workaround. Pressing play button immediately reverts back to pause.
BUG: CarPlay audio, such as reading texts, does not work if a Dolby Atmos track is playing on Tidal.
BUG: CarPlay fails to connect at all
BUG: Audio: All sound is off (including blinker sound).
BUG: Audio: information displayed incorrectly, favorites vanish, some buttons perform an unintended function (as in my video)
BUG: Audio: Poor sound quality during Bluetooth phone conversation
BUG: Audio: Tidal doesn't continue playing from the same playlist when re-entering car. (Bug may be with Tidal app versus Lucid)
BUG: Audio: fails to mute while texts are being read out
BUG: Pilot Panel: Buttons on do not work at all until reset/profile change
BUG: Mobile Key: Car will display "Mobile key not detected" when mobile key is clearly in the car
BUG: Mobile Key: fails to unlock car. Must use app to do so.
BUG: Mobile key: car loads the wrong profile. Need to manually enter correct profile
BUG: Key Fob: battery dies too quickly
BUG: Locking/Unlocking: Car will lock itself while walking from the passenger side to the driver side, e.g. after putting a baby passenger side car seat
BUG: Locking/Unlocking: Unnecessary repeated locking and unlocking when mobile key or fob is near the car
BUG: App: wakes car when unnecessary (e.g. to check on remaining range) and waking car takes way too long.
BUG: App (iOS): Siri commands to open frunk or trunk time out and fail if the car is sleeping.
BUG: App: Phone app does not always wake car properly. May require multiple force quit/relaunches.
BUG: App: Phone app climate settings are ignored by the car.

BUG: Internet: Connectivity on the road is intermittent. Manifests via Alexa or streaming audio.
BUG: Internet: Alexa provides no or incorrect responses
BUG: Internet: Hand-off from WiFi to Cellular takes too long

BUG: Highway Assist randomly drops out and reverts to ACC
BUG: Speedometer shown in wrong spot (too high) when HA unavailable, return to ACC, then sleep the car. Stays in wrong spot until ACC re-activated. See pictures below.
BUG: Scheduled charging is inconsistent.
Don't know if it the new software or something else but my HA used to work pretty well, now the car has trouble staying within the lines.

Don't know if it the new software or something else but my HA used to work pretty well, now the car has trouble staying within the lines.
It's not the car, it's you! Stop drinking!
Teasing you of course :)

I’ve had this happen both on my driver door and rear passenger door. Service found an issue with the rear one and replaced some parts. They were unable to find any issue with the driver door. Didn’t know about the emergency latch if you pull harder so had to climb over the console to get out of the car. Important to note, when this happens neither the outside handle nor the inside handle work.

I am working on a survey to further defined the incidence of bugs in the software. The first step is to create a list. Then I will create a survey from it.
I will be submitting the results to Lucid. Currently, here are the items. Please respond below if you have anything else to add. Remember, this is about bugs, not desired features.

BUG: Hold mode is sometimes not automatically selected when car is first started. The car will roll down an incline, which may be the opposite direction of the driver's intention.
BUG: Cameras/Radar/Lidar: High quality and 360 camera system takes way too long to boot after car has been asleep. Low quality reversing camera (red line) is available until then.
BUG: Cameras/Radar/Lidar: Blindspot cameras occasionally do not turn on at all. Red warning for a vehicle in the blind spot still shows properly.
BUG: Cameras/Radar/Lidar: Blindspot cameras have a low quality image
BUG: Cameras/Radar/Lidar: LIDAR will sometimes display "camera blocked" during rainy conditions
BUG: Cameras/Radar/Lidar: Corner radar faults when driving or parking near metal buildings.

BUG: CarPlay audio is occasionally not heard, requires workaround. Pressing play button immediately reverts back to pause.
BUG: CarPlay audio, such as reading texts, does not work if a Dolby Atmos track is playing on Tidal.
BUG: CarPlay fails to connect at all
BUG: Audio: All sound is off (including blinker sound).
BUG: Audio: information displayed incorrectly, favorites vanish, some buttons perform an unintended function (as in my video)
BUG: Audio: Poor sound quality during Bluetooth phone conversation
BUG: Audio: Tidal doesn't continue playing from the same playlist when re-entering car. (Bug may be with Tidal app versus Lucid)
BUG: Audio: fails to mute while texts are being read out
BUG: Pilot Panel: Buttons on do not work at all until reset/profile change
BUG: Mobile Key: Car will display "Mobile key not detected" when mobile key is clearly in the car
BUG: Mobile Key: fails to unlock car. Must use app to do so.
BUG: Mobile key: car loads the wrong profile. Need to manually enter correct profile
BUG: Key Fob: battery dies too quickly
BUG: Locking/Unlocking: Car will lock itself while walking from the passenger side to the driver side, e.g. after putting a baby passenger side car seat
BUG: Locking/Unlocking: Unnecessary repeated locking and unlocking when mobile key or fob is near the car
BUG: App: wakes car when unnecessary (e.g. to check on remaining range) and waking car takes way too long.
BUG: App (iOS): Siri commands to open frunk or trunk time out and fail if the car is sleeping.
BUG: App: Phone app does not always wake car properly. May require multiple force quit/relaunches.
BUG: App: Phone app climate settings are ignored by the car.

BUG: Internet: Connectivity on the road is intermittent. Manifests via Alexa or streaming audio.
BUG: Internet: Alexa provides no or incorrect responses
BUG: Internet: Hand-off from WiFi to Cellular takes too long

BUG: Highway Assist randomly drops out and reverts to ACC
BUG: Speedometer shown in wrong spot (too high) when HA unavailable, return to ACC, then sleep the car. Stays in wrong spot until ACC re-activated. See pictures below.
BUG: Scheduled charging is inconsistent.
This is first time I got into that situation where I was parking on curbside and indicator was turned on to show the intent. Observed that turn indicator stayed on after exiting the car and car locked itself. I'm not sure if someone else observed this. Try and report back. This is a bug IMO.

This is first time I got into that situation where I was parking on curbside and indicator was turned on to show the intent. Observed that turn indicator stayed on after exiting the car and car locked itself. I'm not sure if someone else observed this. Try and report back. This is a bug IMO.
I experienced this for the first time last week.

Back