Survey Regarding Bugs

Weird. I don't use Waze, but the native Maps app works with nav set for me. At least it did the last time I tried it. I will get in the car and try again. Maybe I'm going insane.
I would love to hear your results, because I tried every app and they all act the same.

Not for me. I'll try it again, but I've totally run both on a few occasions, just because I was curious about the "miles remaining" calculation. I even had the Lucid next turn widget in my cockpit panel with CarPlay showing on the right.
Yeah this is usually how it’s worked for me but on my trip the Lucid nav would self cancel several times when I was looking at something in CarPlay that also involved navigation, even if I didn’t start the CarPlay app navigation but just searched.

Ok here’s the sequence of operations I just tested out with success. It seems to be navigation app dependent within CarPlay, not just CarPlay itself. To use both the Lucid and CarPlay AppleMaps, you must first choose your destination and hit go in CarPlay in AppleMaps, THEN put the same destination in the Lucid navigation. If you do it that way they run in tandem. If however you start the Lucid nav first then search in CarPlay Apple Maps and hit start, it will cancel Lucid navigation. Google Maps seems to cancel Lucid navigation regardless of which order you choose interestingly. 🤷‍♂️. I didn’t try with Waze.

I've noticed that the bug is back somewhat and I've blocked it out! Of of the last few updates unleashed it again,
Yup, the Tidal playlist issue is back. Back to pausing the playlist again... sigh 🫤 Really enjoyed it while it worked properly.

is it just me or has anyone else noticed that their software quality is trending downwards? some examples - Bluetooth phone calls are not working on Android (you can barely hear the other person), CarPlay phone calls had issues previously which is now fixed(?), the pilot screen randomly turning on itself at a stop (even after i double tapped to turn off the screen and the car hasn't moved at all), the current song/artwork is not always accurate (sometimes it's lagging by a song or two), wonky CarPlay connection (when it works, it works fine but if for some reason there's an issue connecting to the iPhone, it takes forever to connect). almost all of these are related to their infortainment system and none of them affects the driving/dreamdrive which makes me think that they have different set of engineers and a higher quality control. i wish Lucid raises the bar for their infortainment system software.

CarPlay phone calls had issues previously which is now fixed(?)
They fixed a bug. That’s the exact opposite of “getting worse”

the pilot screen randomly turning on itself at a stop (even after i double tapped to turn off the screen and the car hasn't moved at all)
This has always been the case; that’s not a bug. If you’d like it to not do that, send a request to customer care.

the current song/artwork is not always accurate (sometimes it's lagging by a song or two)
On what service? Mine hasn’t been wrong yet.

wonky CarPlay connection (when it works, it works fine but if for some reason there's an issue connecting to the iPhone, it takes forever to connect)
This was fixed, minus one bug that’s been there since the beginning (walking away with the phone while CarPlay is connected; toggling Bluetooth reconnects it).

This is a hard one, though, as Apple frequently changes things for CarPlay with each release (same goes for mobile key), and Lucid (and everyone else) has to constantly adjust to their changes.

is it just me or has anyone else noticed that their software quality is trending downwards? some examples - Bluetooth phone calls are not working on Android (you can barely hear the other person), CarPlay phone calls had issues previously which is now fixed(?), the pilot screen randomly turning on itself at a stop (even after i double tapped to turn off the screen and the car hasn't moved at all), the current song/artwork is not always accurate (sometimes it's lagging by a song or two), wonky CarPlay connection (when it works, it works fine but if for some reason there's an issue connecting to the iPhone, it takes forever to connect). almost all of these are related to their infortainment system and none of them affects the driving/dreamdrive which makes me think that they have different set of engineers and a higher quality control. i wish Lucid raises the bar for their infortainment system software.
The Pilot Panel turning back on at stops drives me bananas. I do wish they'd fix that. But it's been that way from the beginning, so not getting worse.

My car has been largely bug free for several months now. There's one spot on my way home from the airport where my CarPlay drops out consistently. (I'm convinced that's some sort of electrical interference thing, because it only happens in that spot, and my other car gets wonky there, too.) Other than that, I haven't had the need to do any sort of reset at all in a very long time.

So no. I wouldn't say software quality is getting worse for me. I'm convinced many of these little nagging issues are not tied to specific software updates, but to some sort of hardware component in some cars causing oddities at random intervals. There's just no consistency from report to report of most of these bugs being tied to any specific update.

Oh, and the mobile app definitely needs work. The broken watch app and widget thing should have been fixed by now. I think it was an OS update that caused that, but it's still Lucid's job to fix it. And it's been over a month now.

The Pilot Panel turning back on at stops drives me bananas. I do wish they'd fix that. But it's been that way from the beginning, so not getting worse.

My car has been largely bug free for several months now. There's one spot on my way home from the airport where my CarPlay drops out consistently. (I'm convinced that's some sort of electrical interference thing, because it only happens in that spot, and my other car gets wonky there, too.) Other than that, I haven't had the need to do any sort of reset at all in a very long time.

So no. I wouldn't say software quality is getting worse for me. I'm convinced many of these little nagging issues are not tied to specific software updates, but to some sort of hardware component in some cars causing oddities at random intervals. There's just no consistency from report to report of most of these bugs being tied to any specific update.

Oh, and the mobile app definitely needs work. The broken watch app and widget thing should have been fixed by now. I think it was an OS update that caused that, but it's still Lucid's job to fix it. And it's been over a month now.
I am simultaneously pleased and disappointed with the software. I guess it depends on my point of view.

On one hand, comparing the software features, speed, and stability to what is was a year ago is very pleasing. I remember when the car took a long time to boot up.

On the other hand, the feature set is still very lacking compared to other vehicles and owner requests. The lack of AA and DDP improvements as well as complete ignorance of the bad HomeLink interface, lack of Mobile Key geofencing, and persistent bugs with audio and CarPlay leave me disappointed. Yesterday, I was reminded of how much my Lucid lacks in software compared to my own 2019 I Pace and my neighbor’s R1S.

I strongly feel that if Lucid addressed the above and the other software wishlist items, this would be the perfect luxury sedan.

They fixed a bug. That’s the exact opposite of “getting worse”
it worked fine when they first released it > it broke for a bit > now fixed. definition of a regression, no? Android phone calls are currently in the middle stage. i'm sure they will fix it but it's also a regression.

On what service? Mine hasn’t been wrong yet.
YouTube Music. both from iOS (CarPlay) and Android (Bluetooth)

This was fixed, minus one bug that’s been there since the beginning (walking away with the phone while CarPlay is connected; toggling Bluetooth reconnects it).
huh. i have a different experience. mine work fine when I walk away with CarPlay (and oftentimes with navigation running). it's very random and carplay connects fine 8 out of 10 times. in my observation toggling the bluetooth on/off from iOS and also on car fixes it sometimes but twice i had to restart the phone. again, it works fine most of the time but occasionally it gets into this weird state and it's a pain to recover from that state.

This has always been the case; that’s not a bug. If you’d like it to not do that, send a request to customer care.

sure but why though? the car hasn't moved even a bit (even when it moves it doesn't make sense to turn it on). it's very random and annoying.

If CarPlay is displaying the wrong song/artist isn't that just the fault of CarPlay/YouTube music?

i have received a radar malfunction alert a couple of times last year while passing through SFO area but i haven't seen one recently. i have noticed carplay crashing but i don't think i was near an airport at that time.

+1

possibly. i hope Gravity and newer Airs alleviate this issue. more vertical integration hopefully.

If CarPlay is displaying the wrong song/artist isn't that just the fault of CarPlay/YouTube music?
I have done some testing on this using the same phone (15 Pro Max, iOS 17.2.1) in three different cars: Lucid, 2016 Ford Explorer, 2019 Jaguar I Pace. In the Lucid, if I switch to a different source, for example iHeartRadio, the widget continues to show the last played song from Apple Music with a pause icon over it. Also, sometimes, the wrong song is displayed on the widget. In the other two cars, both of which has a similar widgets, the correct source/song is always displayed.

Other bugs unique to Lucid:
  • sometimes when the cameras come on (parking, etc.), the upper screen will not return to CarPlay even if it was there prior... it will go to the Lucid Home screen. In the others, it correctly goes back to CarPlay.
  • occasionally, while using CarPlay the sound won't play at all. Other sounds in the car, such as the blinkers, work fine. This bug does not occur at all in the other cars.

Conclusion: it is Lucid's software that is creating these problems, not CarPlay.

sometimes when the cameras come on (parking, etc.), the upper screen will not return to CarPlay even if it was there prior... it will go to the Lucid Home screen. In the others, it correctly goes back to CarPlay.
Somewhat related, I wish it didn't take two button presses (home, then CarPlay) to get back to CarPlay. In some other cars I've driven the Phone button will bring up CarPlay if it's connected, since it's otherwise useless when using CarPlay. Sounds minor, but it takes my eyes off the road much longer than necessary to hunt and peck for those two buttons on opposite sides of the screen. I'm surprised I haven't seen this feature request around before.
occasionally, while using CarPlay the sound won't play at all. Other sounds in the car, such as the blinkers, work fine. This bug does not occur at all in the other cars.
For me at least, I've found that this is because my phone switches to the regular bluetooth output rather than CarPlay. It comes back if I change output on the phone back to CarPlay. You can do this from the Now Playing widget on the lock screen.

I have done some testing on this using the same phone (15 Pro Max, iOS 17.2.1) in three different cars: Lucid, 2016 Ford Explorer, 2019 Jaguar I Pace. In the Lucid, if I switch to a different source, for example iHeartRadio, the widget continues to show the last played song from Apple Music with a pause icon over it. Also, sometimes, the wrong song is displayed on the widget. In the other two cars, both of which has a similar widgets, the correct source/song is always displayed.

Other bugs unique to Lucid:
  • sometimes when the cameras come on (parking, etc.), the upper screen will not return to CarPlay even if it was there prior... it will go to the Lucid Home screen. In the others, it correctly goes back to CarPlay.
  • occasionally, while using CarPlay the sound won't play at all. Other sounds in the car, such as the blinkers, work fine. This bug does not occur at all in the other cars.

Conclusion: it is Lucid's software that is creating these problems, not CarPlay.
When it comes to the widget, I agree. It does get out of sync. And that does seem to be a Lucid thing. Also, I want my turn-by-turn directions in the widget, not just media.

Hopefully, we'll see that soon. We know it's possible with CarPlay, as it's featured in other cars.

When it comes to CarPlay, the pattern seems to be Lucid releases something new. It has bugs. Those bugs get fixed eventually. It's been months since I've gotten into my Lucid and CarPlay refuses to start up. That used to be a daily annoyance for me. Sound seems to be greatly improved for phone calls (unless you need a microphone replacement, of course.)

I feel like the widget is in the "new but buggy" phase.

Also, they need to do something with the dropped frames. I did finally notice that starting to happen when navigating. The location marker will seem to stop for a second, then jump to the current location when you are driving at high speeds. Like the screen can't keep up with the animations. That definitely doesn't happen in my other car.

FWIW, I agree - I can’t stand it. But it’s not a bug, as you mentioned.

The lack of AA and DDP improvements as well as complete ignorance of the bad HomeLink interface
Agreed on AA, but I still don’t understand why Homelink is such a big deal to people. Maybe I’m just not as annoyed by the extra two taps, but I’m going to solve this problem with automation from Home Assistant anyway (and ratgdo for my door controller) so maybe that’s why it doesn’t bother me.

lack of Mobile Key geofencing
I don’t know what this means? Do you mean so it doesn’t unlock in your garage?

it worked fine when they first released it > it broke for a bit > now fixed. definition of a regression, no? Android phone calls are currently in the middle stage. i'm sure they will fix it but it's also a regression.
Sure, but the implication was that it was strictly getting worse. That isn’t true. Having a regression is a thing, for sure - but that happens even in great software sometimes.

YouTube Music. both from iOS (CarPlay) and Android (Bluetooth)
Never used it, but clearly a few other folks have confirmed the issue; I exclusively use Tidal and the USB input, and it has never been wrong on those, but I concede the point since clearly I’m not the majority case.

huh. i have a different experience. mine work fine when I walk away with CarPlay (and oftentimes with navigation running). it's very random and carplay connects fine 8 out of 10 times. in my observation toggling the bluetooth on/off from iOS and also on car fixes it sometimes but twice i had to restart the phone. again, it works fine most of the time but occasionally it gets into this weird state and it's a pain to recover from that state.
Have you tried removing the car from the phone’s CarPlay settings and re-adding CarPlay? Does it also have trouble connecting if you turn off wireless CarPlay and plug it in?

sure but why though? the car hasn't moved even a bit (even when it moves it doesn't make sense to turn it on). it's very random and annoying.
I agree it’s annoying; I was just saying it wasn’t a bug.

For me at least, I've found that this is because my phone switches to the regular bluetooth output rather than CarPlay. It comes back if I change output on the phone back to CarPlay. You can do this from the Now Playing widget on the lock screen.
This is what happened to me the one time I experienced this.

My USB currently doesn’t load anymore. Several fold here have reported the same thing. I’ve now used multiple thumb drives, or sad card drives, multiple car rests, gets to a certain load point and then just stops. If I put very few songs on stick loads fine add one more song and it crashes. Frustrating. Not looking for comment, just want it listed on bug list.

My USB currently doesn’t load anymore. Several fold here have reported the same thing. I’ve now used multiple thumb drives, or sad card drives, multiple car rests, gets to a certain load point and then just stops. If I put very few songs on stick loads fine add one more song and it crashes. Frustrating. Not looking for comment, just want it listed on bug list.
Did you send it to CS as well?

Can you zip up and send me the content? I want to try it on my car and see if it’s a specific track or something

My HERE maps no longer shows traffic data (yep I've it turned on, I even tried toggling it off and on). Anyone else seeing this? No traffic data when the map is open or when I've navigation set.

Back