Stuck Frunk

donfenn

Verified Owner
Cars
Pure AWD, Fathom Blue.
I tried to open frunk yesterday and heard a click, but it would not open. I found frunk heptic switch in car was then non functional, and the frunk release was not operating from phone app either.. However, I was getting warning message that my frunk was open and driving speed would be limited. Then I called customer service, and they were able to release it remotely... This is strange because I could not release it remotely from my phone or dash, but they could do it from the Lucid help desk... Just weird, and dont really have much confidence that this won't happen again.

I tried to open frunk yesterday and heard a click, but it would not open. I found frunk heptic switch in car was then non functional, and the frunk release was not operating from phone app either.. However, I was getting warning message that my frunk was open and driving speed would be limited. Then I called customer service, and they were able to release it remotely... This is strange because I could not release it remotely from my phone or dash, but they could do it from the Lucid help desk... Just weird, and dont really have much confidence that this won't happen again.
Simple solution: try it about 10 or 20 times to make sure everything is fine. If not, call service.

Also it might've disengaged 1 latch but not both. Next time, go outside and push on the frunk above the L and the D to close it and try again.

This happened to our car. A mobile tech did an adjustment that resolved the problem.

I did all of the above... Gently pushed on hood... Tried app and dash buttons several times over a 90 minute period. I am very happy it was resolved, but it just seems like a quirky thing which could re-occur...

I did all of the above... Gently pushed on hood... Tried app and dash buttons several times over a 90 minute period. I am very happy it was resolved, but it just seems like a quirky thing which could re-occur...
Probably never happen again.

It happened again --twice in last four days.. Hood is stuck and car shows a warning message that frunk is open and operating of vehicle is limited. Frunk only releases when Lucid does it remotely... Key fob, control panel and phone app are not available, but Lucid can do it over the air. Now Beverly Hills service advisor say they may need to replace both latches... Not sure if this is really mechanical issue to begin with...

It happened again --twice in last four days.. Hood is stuck and car shows a warning message that frunk is open and operating of vehicle is limited. Frunk only releases when Lucid does it remotely... Key fob, control panel and phone app are not available, but Lucid can do it over the air. Now Beverly Hills service advisor say they may need to replace both latches... Not sure if this is really mechanical issue to begin with...
I had that done a long time ago and it solved everything.

I, too, had a stuck frunk. Called support who directed me to reboot the car. Then I was able to close frunk.

Our car frunk would not release on the passenger side. It was corrected with an adjustment performed by a Mobile Tech. Several months later the frunk intermittently now will not automatically latch on that same side, requiring a hard push with your hand to catch the lock. For this repair I've been told the car will have to go to a Service Center.

Mine is going to get serviced (replace the latches) in a few days with the same issue. Sounds like the latches are designed to disengage and then the frunk will lift. My service tech thinks that the latch actuator (I think this is the term he used) needs replaced so that the frunk can then be opened.

Unfortunately, being in Dallas, the car has to travel down to Houston since the Lidar has to be recalibrated after the bumper comes off to fix the latches.

I had a mobile tech come out to do some adjustments to my car post delivery. We talked about Air and his past repairs. I asked about common issues that he needed to address in the past. At one point he mentioned defective hood latches. Apparently in 22 models there was different design that allowed water to get in and with time make them inoperable. The only permanent solution is to replace both latches. This requires bumper removal and recalibration of lidar. This can be only completed at the service center.

This really pains me... I had my car at Lucid for ten days with this stuck frunk problem as one of the key items.. Lucid told me they tried to replicate the issue several times and it worked as designed every time. I was wary since this happened to me on three separate occasions, but since they could not replicate the issue they could not diagnose or fix it.. Then, this morning I went to open frunk frunk to throw my tennis gear in and the problem re-appeared.. I press the frunk release icon on dash and it makes a click but will not open-- and I cannot close it either. Then the error shows on main screen and informs me that I cannot drive off with open frunk... The frunk hood appears slightly ajar, but won't open, and pressure to close it does not re-latch. I then call Lucid service line. They see my car online and release the frunk remotely..Boom.. Why can they release it remotely but my phone, and buttons on dash and main controls panel won't work. This seems like an electronic or software issue, more than a mechanical issue since it works perfectly when they release over the air from Lucid call center..

Last edited:
This really pains me... I had my car at Lucid for ten days with this stuck frunk problem as one of the key items.. Lucid told me they tried to replicate the issue several times and it worked as designed every time. I was wary since this happened to me on three separate occasions, but since they could not replicate the issue they could not diagnose or fix it.. Then, this morning I went to open frunk frunk to throw my tennis gear in and the problem re-appeared.. I press the frunk release icon on dash and it makes a click but will not open-- and I cannot close it either. Then the error shows on main screen and informs me that I cannot drive off with open frunk... The frunk hood appears slightly ajar, but won't open, and pressure to close it does not re-latch. I then call Lucid service line. They see my car online and release the frunk remotely..Boom.. Why can they release it remotely but my phone, and buttons on dash and main controls panel won't work. This seems like an electronic or software issue, more than a mechanical issue since it works perfectly when they release over the air from Lucid call center..
Did you try doing your reset?

I did the first couple of times.. .. Did the reset by pressing Air logo and waiting for reboot, and also the walk-away key lock, wait and return

It happened again... Called Lucid and once again they released remotely.. This is really odd. Now they want car back "to replicate problem"... However, no appointments for six weeks..

It happened again... Called Lucid and once again they released remotely.. This is really odd. Now they want car back "to replicate problem"... However, no appointments for six weeks..
Almost certain they will replace your frunk latches at this point. Sorry this is happening to you =/

Almost certain they will replace your frunk latches at this point. Sorry this is happening to you =/
I assume so, but it is strange that the latches work perfectly when they release them over the air, so I suspect its a localized software or electronic trigger issue, rather than a mechanical problem with latches...

Try changing location where there is great cell coverage. Turn on/off Wi-Fi. It's possible that phone to car connection is interrupted when sending signal to the car. Also does it happen when long pressing on the key fob? I didn't read the whole tread, so I apologize if these suggestions were already discussed. Also the button on the left side of the dash next to your charging port door, open/close buttons.

Just adding in here that I had this same issue on my Pure AWD and service fixed it. It's an issue with some of the recent build Pure's apparently.

Back