Stuck Frunk

Same with mine -- holding one longish press on the fob did nothing, after it was in this stuck mode.
Before getting stuck, the original pilot panel tap to open it did indeed unlatch it, sound, popped up ~1cm, then stuck there durably until Customer Care remotely un-stuck it.

Just adding in here that I had this same issue on my Pure AWD and service fixed it. It's an issue with some of the recent build Pure's apparently.
Thanks for this... I think it might be your service manager Steve O who reached out to me in a private message after seeing my post and said his team had found the issue with latch.. It is apparently a very small adjustment within the latch. He is in contact with Beverly Hills service center to advise them on the adjustment he suggests to solve the issue. Beverly Hills has seen a few others recently, and as I was dropping off my car they had another one coming in with same issue. This is my fourth visit for stuck frunk, so hoping this solves the frunk problem!

Recently had fifth visit for same frunk issue...It worked fine several times since returned and then randomly got stuck again yesterday... Same issue.. The Beverly Hills service dept told me it was a striker latch alignment issue, which was fixed. I thought this was odd diagnosis because the latches were completely replaced on prior visit so would assume that all tolerances and alignment matters would have been addressed at that time... It is frustrating, and worse yet it always leaves a bad impression, as I was showing car to somebody who was interested in Lucid and considering an Air to replace his Tesla... Once again called Lucid customer service and they released OTA...

Update: Sorry to report I have an appointment tomorrow at the service center because my frunk won’t open again :(

Other issues: drivers door seal has come loose and I can’t put it back on; trunk makes disconcerting CRUNCH sound when opening

Just reporting back on frunk... Mine was on their radar, but now this issue has been also seen on a wider basis with Pure, so Lucid dispatched an engineer to do a tear down and analytics on an couple of cars at Beverly Hills service center to get answers...I just got a call from Mitch, BH service manager that they will have an update kit and specs to make needed frunk and latching adjustments in a couple of weeks... This will ensure that all service centers are ready to make the adjustments and fix sticking frunks... As frustrating as this has been, I applaud Lucid's determination to get this sorted. This issue is more prominent with Pure model because it does not have the full power open and close functionality of the Touring and Grand Touring.

Update: Sorry to report I have an appointment tomorrow at the service center because my frunk won’t open again :(

Other issues: drivers door seal has come loose and I can’t put it back on; trunk makes disconcerting CRUNCH sound when opening
My seal also fell off, they fixed it (I think, hasn't fallen off since). Also have had stuck frunk and use it infrequently now because I get worried about it getting stuck. Glad to find a fix is in the works, I may have them look at it since mine's going in for another issue

Just reporting back on frunk... Mine was on their radar, but now this issue has been also seen on a wider basis with Pure, so Lucid dispatched an engineer to do a tear down and analytics on an couple of cars at Beverly Hills service center to get answers...I just got a call from Mitch, BH service manager that they will have an update kit and specs to make needed frunk and latching adjustments in a couple of weeks... This will ensure that all service centers are ready to make the adjustments and fix sticking frunks... As frustrating as this has been, I applaud Lucid's determination to get this sorted. This issue is more prominent with Pure model because it does not have the full power open and close functionality of the Touring and Grand Touring.
Thanks for the update -- they fixed mine again, hope it remains so. Keep us posted on if you hear more. I wish they'd retrofit the power open!

I was also told that they might update frunk switches.. As those with the issue note, after initial open attempt the frunk icons on dash and console grey out and are inactive, but they are considering an update to leave them on so they don''t become inactive after initial release... A secondary release from the car might then accomplish opening after an initial frunk jam.

My frunk won’t open AGAIN… third time now. I’ll call service in the morning. :(

Hang in there.. Mine has been an issue for months, but I am now assured that the fix and instructions are forthcoming from Lucid within next couple of weeks... Mention that you heard this, and suggest that your service center manager reaches out to Lucid for latest update.

I am waiting for an update as well. I have stopped using my frunk. Really just needed on long trips anyway. Service said it would need to be left a week for a fix, so I am waiting until spring. Hopefully the fix is more efficient by then.

I am still waiting for them to issue the prescribed repair bulletin too... I just don't use frunk at this point.. I have had multiple service visits on this already without a consistent result, but I am assuming that they will have this solved and well sorted at some point, so just being patient

I am still waiting for them to issue the prescribed repair bulletin too... I just don't use frunk at this point.. I have had multiple service visits on this already without a consistent result, but I am assuming that they will have this solved and well sorted at some point, so just being patient
Yep my exactly mentality right now.

My car is at service now for an alignment and this issue. I too stopped using the frunk as I really don’t need it except on long trips. I asked the service manager if this was resolved and I got the impression they couldn’t replicate so I’m wondering if anything was done. What really concerns me was I am positive I have a bent rim . I can feel a vibration in the ride at certain speeds but when I initially asked I got the answer “ oh the tire pressure is fine, we added a little air” uh no, that’s not my concern, I hit a pothole the size of Michigan ( it was raining so I never saw it) that bounced the car off the suspension stops. They keep insisting no bend. Wifey says don’t pester but I should get it back today and we’ll see

A bent rim so bad to cause vibration will do it consistently. I have seen many bent rims that gave absolutely no vibration. But are still dangerous due to inconsistent bead to rim contact. You can tell by looking and feeling the rim with your hand, inside and out. If the bend is so minor you cannot feel or see it, it's not causing vibration.

Hate to say it, but could be something else: damaged wheel bearing, half shaft, control arm and or control arm bushings. Friend recently bought new tires and rebalanced wheels twice, but still had vibration. Was convinced the wheels were bad. I told him to go to a real mechanic, have him check the control arms. Sure enough, four control arm bushings were torn.

And if I remember correctly, we had another member recently suffer front wheel bearing damage from a pot hole. Every part of the front suspension is easily replaceable for good reason. They sacrifice themselves to save the frame. Hitting a curb straight on at 60, I can personally attest.

I got call to bring my car in for frunk fix by factory tech who was visiting Beverly Hills service center.. I asked what it was and was told it was a nano-adjustment to release switch.. My car is there now, so will see if we have a resolution... The odd coincidence is that I got cut off in traffic on the way to the service center and found that my horn did not work. Just added it to the service ticket.

So I've had the latching issue for months though. Turns out manually closing the frunk every time it gets stuck is not a good idea... The latch is coming through the lid -_-
1000017979.jpg

So I've had the latching issue for months though. Turns out manually closing the frunk every time it gets stuck is not a good idea... The latch is coming through the lid -_-
View attachment 19547
Wow.. looks like you push way too hard.. I have always been cautious about this, On Pure manual closure is required to latch, but Lucid suggests pressing down lightly above the L and D of Lucid logo at front edge of frunk.. When mine has been stuck ajar, I give it a good try, and then stop pushing. Then call Lucid for OTA release, and then re-latch.

That works when the frunk works normally. However when it's stuck, you have to push much harder to get the mechanical latch to close.

Back