Stuck Frunk

After reading the whole tread ignore my suggestions. It appears that there is an issue with latches and they probably need replacement. My guess car is thinking frunk is open and won't you open again disabling the options and the customer service can still send open frunk command and overwrite it.

Just adding in here that I had this same issue on my Pure AWD and service fixed it. It's an issue with some of the recent build Pure's apparently.

This is good info.. Do you know what they did to repair? Was it a latch replacement?

This is good info.. Do you know what they did to repair? Was it a latch replacement?
SErvice should be able to see the multiple times that you called customer service, to release it remotely. That should be sufficient to fix this given you are going to service center again.

SErvice should be able to see the multiple times that you called customer service, to release it remotely. That should be sufficient to fix this given you are going to service center again.
That seems doubtful, as they had already record of multiple calls on this when I took car in the first time... They had it in shop for 9 days... No change.

Directly from the report:
IMG_0199.jpeg

I had my car in the shop over 3 weeks. I initially went to pick it up after 1 week and they say frunk is good to go and I went to open it at service center and it was jammed again. Next step was to replace both latches. Operation is silly smoothe now. My car was in the shop longer than I expected it to be. I was patient because I had a GT as a loaner. I still missed my Pure and glad to have it back.

I had my car in the shop over 3 weeks. I initially went to pick it up after 1 week and they say frunk is good to go and I went to open it at service center and it was jammed again. Next step was to replace both latches. Operation is silly smoothe now. My car was in the shop longer than I expected it to be. I was patient because I had a GT as a loaner. I still missed my Pure and glad to have it back.
Same here... They had my car for 10 days and could not replicate the stuck frunk... Without any repairs or updates I felt pretty sure it might happen again-- and it did the day after I picked it up..and twice the following week... This week I took car to service and we could not replicate the issue, but they are keeping car, and I assume they will be replacing the latches.. They were somewhat puzzled that Lucid could remotely release the frunk but my phone app would not do so.. Meanwhile, I have a GT loaner so its fine...

My frunk saga continues and my car is at Torrance service center, while I drive a Grand Touring loaner.. My stuck frunk issue has not been duplicated at service center, but they have time stamps on my service calls and see the events in car data...They know it was already in service at Beverly Hills once for this issue and they have Lucid engineering involved. To their credit, they do not want to return the car without full investigation and repair, so they are going to continue working on it, which will involve removing front fascia etc... I appreciate their commitment to getting it right. (I would probably feel differently if I was stuck driving a generic Enterprise rental)

Hard to believe but after two long stays at two different Lucid service centers (Beverly Hills and Torrance) with complete replacement of the frunk latches, my sticking frunk issues continue.. Got stuck again today. Shows open but is only ajar, Could not open or get it to re-latch, and cannot drive car when it shows frunk is open, Once again it would only release remotely with an OTA signal from Lucid. Love the car otherwise, but this is really incredibly frustrating. Its been as issue since it was delivered in early September....

I had a similar problem with our Dream model. I learned to pull up on the lid when I heard the first latch release and before it caught the secondary latch. It would then work properly for a while. Eventually, everything related to the lid, except the lid itself, was replaced, including the lift cylinders. Thank goodness Lucid has some dedicated, competent techs. Keep telling yourself, But it's a fun car to drive, But it's a fun car to drive, etc.

FWIW. I spoke to Beverly Hills service center late yesterday to confirm my next appointment to work on frunk again... The Lucid rep now says that had other similar failures with Pure frunks recently, and now Lucid is looking at software issues with Pure frunk release... Anybody else with Pure here having similar issues recently? Note that Pure does not have power close mechanism so the commands and software will be different than Touring, Grand Touring and other model variations

I have this issue currently. Lucid had my car for 7 days and said they fixed the issue. When I got there I tested it with the rep standing right there and it got stuck again. I pressed the button again and the frunk opened. I was hesitant to accept this but the rep assured me that it was fixed. I took the car and now if I’m using the frunk for the first time, it will always get stuck. After that first open, it works for an hour or so. After that, it will get stuck again. Frustrating to say the least but I know I’ll have to take my car back in.

This started happening to me today. Pure. I took delivery on July 15th.
It will let me drive it up to 13 mph, with the ominous warning sound every two seconds.
Not going to drive the 8 miles to the service center here in Seattle.
A third-party towing company will come get the car from me tomorrow.

Thanks to this thread I tried calling Customer Care -- they were yes able to remotely release the hood, after which it closed fine -- no tow! Awesome! I then exercised it all again, release, open close perfectly. So maybe transient problem I won't see again, but maybe odds of future fail are not zero. I'll be very mindful of where I am when next I open the frunk! I really never use it... Thanks to folks who shared here their experience, helped me out!

Thanks to this thread I tried calling Customer Care -- they were yes able to remotely release the hood, after which it closed fine -- no tow! Awesome! I then exercised it all again, release, open close perfectly. So maybe transient problem I won't see again, but maybe odds of future fail are not zero. I'll be very mindful of where I am when next I open the frunk! I really never use it... Thanks to folks who shared here their experience, helped me out!
Do you have a Pure? They can release OTA, but I can't do it from car or phone when it sticks... If yours is like mine it will probably work fine most of the time, but will stick again at random times. Lucid says they had successful open-close at least fifty times on my car...then we tried it at the service center and it stuck, right in front of them... I have been telling Lucid it does not seem to be a mechanical issue if an OTA command gets it to work every time.. I am guessing there is some intermittent glitch in the triggering or software link.. My car has spent 18 days total in two Lucid shops, had latches replaced, and it still happens. It happened on Xmas morning with with frunk filled with gifts... A call to Lucid service center and they triggered it to open for me. Seemingly with the uptick in Pure deliveries others are having same issue..?

Yes, Pure, delivered July 15th. I'm optimistic they'll either find a firmware way to avoid the stuck state and/or give us a remedy to unlatch it ourselves, via the pilot panel... something like "We noticed the frunk lid may be stuck, and you're parked -- tap here to unlatch it." Not ideal but less annoying than phoning someone else to do it remotely. Even temporarily until they make the whole issue go away, assuming it's not a hardware design flaw. 🤞

Do you have a Pure? They can release OTA, but I can't do it from car or phone when it sticks... If yours is like mine it will probably work fine most of the time, but will stick again at random times. Lucid says they had successful open-close at least fifty times on my car...then we tried it at the service center and it stuck, right in front of them... I have been telling Lucid it does not seem to be a mechanical issue if an OTA command gets it to work every time.. I am guessing there is some intermittent glitch in the triggering or software link.. My car has spent 18 days total in two Lucid shops, had latches replaced, and it still happens. It happened on Xmas morning with with frunk filled with gifts... A call to Lucid service center and they triggered it to open for me. Seemingly with the uptick in Pure deliveries others are having same issue..?
Does your frunk partially unlatch when pressing the button or key? If so press and hold the key fob again and pull up on the hood. We have rectified a few sticking Pure frunks with an adjustment of the latch strikers.

Does your frunk partially unlatch when pressing the button or key? If so press and hold the key fob again and pull up on the hood. We have rectified a few sticking Pure frunks with an adjustment of the latch strikers.
Thanks for the suggestion, but been there and done that... No luck. My latch strikers have been aligned and the latches were replaced... Two Lucid service centers had the car for extended periods, and Torrance facility said they involved the Lucid engineering dept in the decision to replace latches, Nonetheless it still re-occurs. However, in my latest conversation with Beverly Hills service advisor, he mentioned they are now seeing other recent occurrences of same issue, so this leads me to believe they will find a fix.

Thanks for the suggestion, but been there and done that... No luck. My latch strikers have been aligned and the latches were replaced... Two Lucid service centers had the car for extended periods, and Torrance facility said they involved the Lucid engineering dept in the decision to replace latches, Nonetheless it still re-occurs. However, in my latest conversation with Beverly Hills service advisor, he mentioned they are now seeing other recent occurrences of same issue, so this leads me to believe they will find a fix.
I sent you a DM with more info

Back