RESOLVED Frunk getting stuck

E11eevans

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid air grand touring
Had the car for 5 days.. the frunk started to open and seemed like it was getting stuck. It wouldn’t go up or down and I couldn’t drive due to the error.

After several attempts I heard a crack and it opened but the trim piece popped off with broken hooks.
5B367905-8F89-435F-89D0-0E88AE504604.jpeg

Trying to get it fixed.. a bit embarrassed showing my friends such an expensive new car and it wasn’t even working right.

Looks like the hood alignment was off to begin with. Disappointed, but I think they will take care of this. I emailed the guy that helped me through the purchase and delivery and it’s been a couple days without an answer. I’ll call service tomorrow and report back.

Love the car.. been having some software errors but most disappear after driving a while.

Attachments

• 3794C2AB-6FDB-42DA-8A73-A903844B14D5.jpeg
    3794C2AB-6FDB-42DA-8A73-A903844B14D5.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 104
I would reach out directly to service as you suggested. I’ve had good luck with them being responsive. What are your software errors? It’s a great car!

I had a similar problem with trunk/fender alignment and the charge port door being wonky. Reported it and they sent a tech to work on in my garage. He got the charge port door and a few other issues done, worked on the trunk/fenders and got it pretty good but not good enough for his liking. He needed additional sets of hands to get the job done correctly. They arranged to have my car trailered to a partner body shop in Richmond VA (180 miles away), 3 days later returned it = perfect.
Give service a call, they want their product to look really good, and it sure does.

Had the car for 5 days.. the frunk started to open and seemed like it was getting stuck. It wouldn’t go up or down and I couldn’t drive due to the error.

After several attempts I heard a crack and it opened but the trim piece popped off with broken hooks.
View attachment 13377
Trying to get it fixed.. a bit embarrassed showing my friends such an expensive new car and it wasn’t even working right.

Looks like the hood alignment was off to begin with. Disappointed, but I think they will take care of this. I emailed the guy that helped me through the purchase and delivery and it’s been a couple days without an answer. I’ll call service tomorrow and report back.

Love the car.. been having some software errors but most disappear after driving a while.
The same problem happened to me just a few days ago. I scheduled an online service request and waiting from them their reply.

this happened to me on friday once and sunday multiple times to where i couldnt get the frunk to open for like 5 minutes. eventually i did and manually slammed it shut through the advice of cs, and they are sending a tech next monday and are gonna fix the fasteners and take it to houston for calibration. my chrome trim piece popped up slightly too in the corner also, which they said they would fix.

I had a similar problem with trunk/fender alignment and the charge port door being wonky. Reported it and they sent a tech to work on in my garage. He got the charge port door and a few other issues done, worked on the trunk/fenders and got it pretty good but not good enough for his liking. He needed additional sets of hands to get the job done correctly. They arranged to have my car trailered to a partner body shop in Richmond VA (180 miles away), 3 days later returned it = perfect.
Give service a call, they want their product to look really good, and it sure does.
my experience with Richmond guys has been great so far. I'm 170 miles away in WV

Just realized that I never posted the end result.

Lucid picked up the car on a flatbed enclosed lucid truck and took to the shop to repair the frunk latches and install a new front trim piece. They had the car for about a week and I luckily had another car at the time and didn't need a loaner.

The car came back like new. I was pretty happy with the turn-around. Communication was a little lacking, but you just have to keep on top of them to know what's going on. Everyone has been nice and helpful, they just don't keep you informed, you have to be on top of it.

Just realized that I never posted the end result.

Lucid picked up the car on a flatbed enclosed lucid truck and took to the shop to repair the frunk latches and install a new front trim piece. They had the car for about a week and I luckily had another car at the time and didn't need a loaner.

The car came back like new. I was pretty happy with the turn-around. Communication was a little lacking, but you just have to keep on top of them to know what's going on. Everyone has been nice and helpful, they just don't keep you informed, you have to be on top of it.
Same with me, my frunk never closed right since delivery. And same thing, new mechanism for latches and now it's perfect.

I had to get my frunk adjusted, its better but still seems to open one side slightly before the other and every once in a while, it will not open, just pop up and then close back down again. I guess I'll bring it up to service when I take the car in for annual service.

I had to get my frunk adjusted, its better but still seems to open one side slightly before the other and every once in a while, it will not open, just pop up and then close back down again. I guess I'll bring it up to service when I take the car in for annual service.
Get it adjusted. I had to get mine adjusted a few times. But also I had a frunk latch problem that needed to be replaced. Because my frunk would never stay closed. Now I love it

This thread is a bit old, but thought I'd share since the issue persists. I just picked up my new 2023 36 hours ago. Frunk locked in popped position, but wouldn't open nor completely close. Button on dash and app greyed out. Left wife and kids stranded in rain and late for school for it's inaugural first Monday on the job. Finally got it to seat after a couple attempts with the FOB. Bummer that with so much great about the car, one flaw can bring it to it's knees.

This thread is a bit old, but thought I'd share since the issue persists. I just picked up my new 2023 36 hours ago. Frunk locked in popped position, but wouldn't open nor completely close. Button on dash and app greyed out. Left wife and kids stranded in rain and late for school for it's inaugural first Monday on the job. Finally got it to seat after a couple attempts with the FOB. Bummer that with so much great about the car, one flaw can bring it to it's knees.
Next time, try pushing down on the front of the hood right by the L and D in Lucid and that should re-engage your latches

Back