New Touring

Lemans3427

Cars
Air
New Air Pure (soCal.)

Had an amazing first 48 hours in the car. Best car I’ve ever driven.

3rd night with car the trunk wouldn’t close and the software showed the frunk is open (it’s closed.)

Now it’s in my garage waiting for a tow.

Really disappointing.

Why isn’t there a software over ride for the trunk / frunk where you can open / close them manually?

If those brake you are stranded and can’t drive the car.

Now I’m nervous to drive the car on a daily basis.

View attachment IMG_0544.jpeg

New Air Pure (soCal.)

3rd night with car the trunk wouldn’t close and the software showed the frunk is open (it’s closed.)

Really disappointing.

Why isn’t there a software over ride for the trunk / frunk where you can open / close them manually?

View attachment 18094
Did you try pressing down to engage the latches to see? You can also call CS and ask them to remotely disengage the latches.

I actually had something like this happen with my Frunk the 1st time I tried to use it months after buying the car.. except in my case it wouldn't properly open and you could see it was partially unlatched but would not close either at that point. I found out the hard way I as speed limited (I think 15mph was the max moving speed if I remember right) and a big red triangle telling me the frunk was open (it wasn't open or closed when all said and done). Lucid service showed up with an enclosed trailer and a loaner and it got fixed. I had to take it back one more time for the issue and then it was finally properly fixed and its' been fine ever since. I call it a growing pain on a new car--- and this is why we have full bumper to bumper warranty. In the grand scheme of things, I'm okay having less minor things like this get found and addressed early on and have everything else perfect. I have heard of some other way more major issues so I tell myself it could have been way worse! ...at least my motors and battery pack are good!

New Air Pure (soCal.)

Really disappointing.

View attachment 18094
Update

The Lucid Customer service team is awesome!

They came to my house at 9am and gave me a loaner car.

The tech rep called me and went over everything.

An incredible experience overall.

Update

The Lucid Customer service team is awesome!

They came to my house at 9am and gave me a loaner car.

The tech rep called me and went over everything.

An incredible experience overall.
Great, which service center was this?

Back