Started Application today...Again!

jlud4lad

Had a terrible experience in 2023 with Bank of America. Long story short, Bank of America botched the transaction and I decided to cancel the order.

Fast forward to today and I finally decided to try again. It hasn't been a super smooth ride. Just 2 weeks ago, a rep said I could use a Conquest rebate, change out 19s to 20s wheels for no extra charge. Today, another rep told me that Conquest doesn't pertain to Touring leases AND they discontinued being able to change out wheels.
I decided to put my deposit down anyways, gave them a referral code I got from here (Thanks lucidowners.com!), and started to fill out the application. Got half way and there's a glitch in the software that they're trying to fix now.....hoping it gets better!

It is a journey. Worth it.
When did filling out a simple lease application become “a journey”? All you need is some basic info like name, address, Soc sec # & employment info & annual income. If your FICO is above 720, you can lease just about any car.

Had a terrible experience in 2023 with Bank of America. Long story short, Bank of America botched the transaction and I decided to cancel the order.

Fast forward to today and I finally decided to try again. It hasn't been a super smooth ride. Just 2 weeks ago, a rep said I could use a Conquest rebate, change out 19s to 20s wheels for no extra charge. Today, another rep told me that Conquest doesn't pertain to Touring leases AND they discontinued being able to change out wheels.
I decided to put my deposit down anyways, gave them a referral code I got from here (Thanks lucidowners.com!), and started to fill out the application. Got half way and there's a glitch in the software that they're trying to fix now.....hoping it gets better!
Bank of America needs to do better.

When did filling out a simple lease application become “a journey”? All you need is some basic info like name, address, Soc sec # & employment info & annual income. If your FICO is above 720, you can lease just about any car.
It was the ID verification process that had a hiccup. They had an incorrect answer that didn't match up with mine. Couldn't get around it so we had to cancel the order...

Just got the call from Bank of America and it went SO much better than when I first applied in 8/2023. Bank of America got rid of the terrible ID verification questions (almost like you’re applying for a mortgage/business loan). All they asked for now was your typical SSN, date of birth etc.

For those looking for a timeline when ordering, once you put in your order application, Bank of America should call you around 4 business days. (Not the 24-48 hrs promised by the DA and sales rep).
After that, Bank of America said you’ll get an email for you to docusign in 1-3 days.

I reached out to my DA after the call and she was already able to schedule the delivery for next Thursday. =) SO much smoother. Hats off to Lucid for apparently listening to a lot of customer concerns in previous yrs and taking action.

Can’t wait for delivery….
My next concern is clearing my driveway. I have a slightly steep driveway. Last yr, my Sales rep drove a Lucid to my house to see if the car would clear. 3 out of 5 times the front end scraped the driveway. Gotta find that perfect angle. If someone has a tip, let me know!

My next concern is clearing my driveway. I have a slightly steep driveway. Last yr, my Sales rep drove a Lucid to my house to see if the car would clear. 3 out of 5 times the front end scraped the driveway. Gotta find that perfect angle. If someone has a tip, let me know!
Glad to hear it, and congrats!

You may be able to smooth out your driveway incline by buying a "curb ramp," depending on where exactly the problem is.

Just signed lease papers. On the phone, Bank of America quoted $1220/month with $0 down. I assume they took the $1000 down payment to reserve the car in that figure. I tried to make sure they didn't forget to put the $1,000 referral code in there too. The DA said they "had it in the system" but when I asked to see a breakdown, it didn't specify "referral code" $1000. I asked for a clearer breakdown and got crickets.

Fast forward to the lease papers: Monthly went down to $1160/month with $11,500 due at signing! I looked closer: $3000 for taxes/registration/1st month payment + $8500 "Rebates and non-cash credits". I assume I'm only responsible for the $3000? The $8500 is the $7500 credit from Lucid and $1000 from down payment? Where is the referral $1000???

Confused but I also don't want to delay the delivery because of this???

And another head scratching thing I just noticed: 100 miles on the odometer.
Lucid puts this on paperwork as a standard placeholder. Your car will likely be delivered with much less.

Oh, and $450 Turn in Fee for leases?!
The $450 turn in fee is the equivalent of the destination fee - common charge for any lease, to compensate them for cleaning up and reselling your car once you turn it in. Typically anywhere from $350-$500.

And another head scratching thing I just noticed: 100 miles on the odometer.
Yes, the lease for me required several calls back and forth with BofA, but worth it!

They also put 100mi on my paperwork, too. It was delivered to me with 17mi.

For me, the $1000 deposit was applied to my down payment amount the DA told me to bring to take delivery. The lease paperwork can look funny because it has much higher number. I called my Sales studio and the manager told me it’s because they put in all those fees and then only after and separately do the incentives apply, which is ultimately used in how they formulate your monthly payment.

You’ll also get an email around your delivery day from Lucid thanking you for a payment in an amount of the car retail window sticker. Caught me off guard at first! I think this is Bank of America paying Lucid upfront. Then, you’ll get a letter from Lucid Financial Services (LFS), which I believe is serviced by BofA, with your first payment info and online/auto pay info.

To take delivery, the next things you’ll need is insurance policy info and a cashiers check or advance wire of money. I chose the former since I wanted to inspect the car before I gave the down payment cashier’s check.

Feel free to ask other questions! This forum is a wealth of knowledge and other members on here are incredibly kind and helpful!

Get excited and huge congrats to you! Please do post photos of your Air!

Last edited:
For me, the $1000 deposit was applied to my down payment amount the DA told me to bring to take delivery. The lease paperwork can look funny because it has much higher number. I called my Sales studio and the manager told me it’s because they put in all those fees and then only after and separately do the incentives apply, which is ultimately used in how they formulate your monthly payment.

This explains everything. Thank you! And yes, I got a message from the sales rep requesting a cashier's check with the $1000 down payment deducted. Everything checks out correctly.

Excited to take delivery next Thursday!

I decided to lease on Thursday and application still gets hung up saying “Not valid dealer/no dealer.” Rep said it was debugged last night. Still not working. Any advice?

I decided to lease on Thursday and application still gets hung up saying “Not valid dealer/no dealer.” Rep said it was debugged last night. Still not working. Any advice?

I experienced a bug in the online application as well. Mine was that I had the first lease application for a model year 2024 vehicle and turns out the system wasn’t ready for them yet. I took a screenshot of the error and then sent it to my sales advisor and delivery advisor via email. Within 48 hours they had it resolved and asked me to resubmit an application and it worked after the same back and forth you’ve experienced. Might take a few times, just let them know status via your email thread and they should be on top of it while your car is getting ready for you.

I had a bug with my online order as well. I got on the phone with my Sales rep and they were able to fix it. He got on the phone with a software guy and was able to fix it within an hour.
After you get through the application, expect Bank of America to call you within 4 business days. After that, I got final lease email to sign the next day. At that point, the delivery was scheduled 1 week later. Good luck!

Just took delivery!
There were a couple awkward moments where something didn’t work but it didn’t bother me.
Now I understand why Lucid owners keep saying everything will be worth it once you get delivery. I agree!
The only thing that I personally would like to see an improvement with is the sound system. Not bad still. My wife is begging me not to put my sub in this car. Lol

Attachments

• IMG_4270.jpeg
    IMG_4270.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4271.jpeg
    IMG_4271.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 48
Just took delivery!
There were a couple awkward moments where something didn’t work but it didn’t bother me.
Now I understand why Lucid owners keep saying everything will be worth it once you get delivery. I agree!
The only thing that I personally would like to see an improvement with is the sound system. Not bad still. My wife is begging me not to put my sub in this car. Lol
Massive congrats! And wow, that is beautiful Air all new and shiny! Love to color combination you went with for it. Am looking forward to your continued impressions as you put some miles on the new car.

Re: Sound System - I would agree and it will be an adjustment. Others have better described things elsewhere on the forum, but the consensus is that the Air with SSPro offers a more accurate, studio-like and clear audio experience; whereas, some other makes tend to provide vehicle sound systems tuned for a more mainstream listener with heavier low-end. You don't feel it when you want to blast music like in some of my previous vehicles that had dedicated subwoofers, but a tradeoff I'll accept for the many things the Air has that those other vehicles never could offer.

Congrats again and welcome to the Lucid Owners community!

Back