New to Lucid - 18 month lease GT

Darkstar19

Verified Owner
Referral Code
CZO465JD
I’m trying to do what it seems like many are doing with a $0 down 18 month lease on a Grand Touring to bridge me to getting the Gravity. This is the vehicle I currently have and wondering if anyone has thoughts on the deal or other things to think about.

Quantum Grey with Tahoe interior
20” wheels (I’m in the northeast so considering switching to the 19”, I just like the aesthetics of the bigger wheels more)
Getting the DDP and SSP comped
Have a referral credit
Have the conquest credit
May get the home charger for $300 off later but not planning on doing it now

Payment would be about $1500 a month

Anything I’m missing? This is my first time leasing a car and is basically my “make sure I’m not being a schmuck” check so appreciate any feedback.

I’m trying to do what it seems like many are doing with a $0 down 18 month lease on a Grand Touring to bridge me to getting the Gravity. This is the vehicle I currently have and wondering if anyone has thoughts on the deal or other things to think about.

20” wheels (I’m in the northeast so considering switching to the 19”, I just like the aesthetics of the bigger wheels more)
Have a referral credit
Have the conquest credit

Anything I’m missing? This is my first time leasing a car and is basically my “make sure I’m not being a schmuck” check so appreciate any feedback.
Looks about right without knowing the other specifics of money down, etc. You got all the credits/promos so that's good!

Awesome thanks. $0 down. Any thoughts on the 19 vs. 20” wheels? I see you’re in LA so likely not a consideration for you…

Awesome thanks. $0 down. Any thoughts on the 19 vs. 20” wheels? I see you’re in LA so likely not a consideration for you…
I had 21s, worked great for 20k miles until my dad curbed them. Replaced them with 19s, had them on for the last 8.5k miles. Personally, the 19s are great. More cushy and they are all season so in our cooler weather now I'm not worried about leaving the car outside if I need to. the 19s definitely don't look as good, but the benefits are worth it imo!

Have a referral credit
Have the conquest credit

Are you seeing $1500 in the calculator or did you get that from the bank after applying? Based on the calculator for a GT, with conquest you should be around 1250/month+tax. I've been going through this for a while so i have the 0 down numbers memorized for every trim hahaha

Last edited:
I had 21s, worked great for 20k miles until my dad curbed them. Replaced them with 19s, had them on for the last 8.5k miles. Personally, the 19s are great. More cushy and they are all season so in our cooler weather now I'm not worried about leaving the car outside if I need to. the 19s definitely don't look as good, but the benefits are worth it imo!
Very helpful, thank you!

Are you seeing $1500 in the calculator or did you get that from the bank after applying? Based on the calculator for a GT, with conquest you should be around 1250/month+tax. I've been going through this for a while so i have the 0 down numbers memorized for every trim hahaha
I’m seeing it from the calculator - haven’t gone through the bank process yet. Good to know, thanks!

I’m seeing it from the calculator - haven’t gone through the bank process yet. Good to know, thanks!
Just beware, i just found out last night, that due to the credits in the December deal, you will have to pay tax on the $32k in rebates upfront ($10k Air, $12k Pro, $7500 federal, $2k Conquest), so even for a 0 down lease, you have to pay $3k in upfront tax + first month + registration

Just beware, i just found out last night, that due to the credits in the December deal, you will have to pay tax on the $32k in rebates upfront ($10k Air, $12k Pro, $7500 federal, $2k Conquest), so even for a 0 down lease, you have to pay $3k in upfront tax + first month + registration
Good to know, thanks. That seems like some hidden fine print…

Btw, I’m trying to register in NJ and the advisor told me there’s no sales tax on EVs so hopefully not an issue. (Noting for anyone else who reads this and may do the same.)

I think no matter what industry, tax is always calculated on the price of the item prior to any rebates/credits.

I think no matter what industry, tax is always calculated on the price of the item prior to any rebates/credits.
true, but the whole benefit of leasing at least in CA is you only pay tax on usage. So if you were to lease a $100k car and the residual was 50% after 3 years, you pay tax on 50%. If you were to buy and sell after 3 years, you would lose the full sales tax on $100k upfront.

In this case, you have to pay sales tax on $30k in rebates + sales tax on 50% in depreciation, so you're losing most of the lease benefit. Again depends on state, shitty deal in CA. But per OP, sounds like an amazing option to do this in NJ!

Last edited:
I have a GT with about 26K miles on it - live in NH and have the 19". I had a loaner for a week or so with 20" tires and there was a different feel to the drive, a bit less smooth than the 19". Because of crappy roads, potholes, snow and temps, I never considered anything but the 19".

In NJ where I live, EV's don't have sales tax. Montana doesnt for any car, which is why so many exotics are registered there(you dont need to keep the car in the state).

In NJ where I live, EV's don't have sales tax. Montana doesnt for any car, which is why so many exotics are registered there(you dont need to keep the car in the state).
that's a great deal then! I would absolutely go with the December offer in that case. For CA, i think the November offers with higher residuals and less taxes ends up being the way to go

I have a GT with about 26K miles on it - live in NH and have the 19". I had a loaner for a week or so with 20" tires and there was a different feel to the drive, a bit less smooth than the 19". Because of crappy roads, potholes, snow and temps, I never considered anything but the 19".
Ah okay that's a good data point. I'm so tempted to roll the dice on the 20s - it's a battle of what makes clear logical sense and pure visual attraction

Ah okay that's a good data point. I'm so tempted to roll the dice on the 20s - it's a battle of what makes clear logical sense and pure visual attraction
I prefer the 20" and 21" wheels with summer tires to the 19" wheels with all-season tires. The 19"s do not handle or have as much grip as the 20" or 21" wheels. The 19"s feel a bit sloppy on corners and it is very easy to break them loose during fast corners or heavy acceleration.

I do have a question, why not 21s then? They look better than 20s to me, unless you are concerned about potholes(perfectly valid).
I prefer the 20" and 21" wheels with summer tires to the 19" wheels with all-season tires. The 19"s do not handle or have as much grip as the 20" or 21" wheels. The 19"s feel a bit sloppy on corners and it is very easy to break them loose during fast corners or heavy acceleration.
I wouldn't go as far to say "very easy," or sloppy but during things like track driving I agree.

Plus no sales tax for anything where we live in the state of Oregon.

Plus no sales tax for anything where we live in the state of Oregon.
Why have I never come upon this? I’ll do more research into it!

I think things are different in Oregon regarding cars though, as you can’t just completely use the car somewhere else and register it there.You guys are really lucky though!

Back