Georgia Tax on 18 Month Lease

besteffort

Cars
Air Touring, Tesla M3
Referral Code
JVCS09U0
I am interested in an 18 month lease on Air Touring. I live in Georgia. My Sales Advisor says I need to pay GA taxes on full vehicle price instead of on (total monthly payments + down payment). I sent him official Georgia gov link (https://dor.georgia.gov/tavt-calculation-new-leased-vehicles-hb-340-2017-0) to forward to Lucid Finance. He came back saying they said I need to pay taxes on full vehicle price. Is anyone here from Georgia experienced this on lease?

The law changed again eff Jan 1, 2022. Sales tax for lease is due on depreciation (not even total lease payments) & other amortized costs & down payment.
I noticed how high tax number was on Lucid calculator.
Lmk if you get Lucid to recognize latest change.

Attachments

• GA TAVT TAX (1).pdf
    212.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Form MV-7L - State and Local Title Ad Valorem Tax (TAVT) Fees for Leases - effective January 1...pdf
    238 KB · Views: 23
Thank you. I did provide the links and form to Lucid. They did come back and acknowledge that my tax due will be lower and I am still waiting for my contract to see those corrections.

Finally, I received my lease contract with updated Georgia taxes done correctly but they collected the taxes upfront instead of adding to monthly payment. I picked up my car yesterday from the Roswell location.

Congrats! nice to have a local service center.
It appears TAVT is due in full per the MV-7L form.
Tax is due at time of registration in the case of a purchase as well.
Lucid sales rep said he has submitted request to IT dept to correct GA TAVT calculation on their web site calculator.

Back