Some odds and ends

By then, there will be lots of choices.

That's true. However, I've sat in the backseat of a Lucid Air with the smaller battery pack that the Pure will have. I can tell you that there is nothing on the EV market radar right now that will match the room and comfort of that rear seat if that's a concern for you. It not only will have the astonishing amount of fore-aft legroom of other Airs, it also has over 3 more inches of vertical leg drop. You can get that vertical leg drop in a Tesla Model Y or a VW ID.4 -- and probably other similar EVs -- but I've been in a fair number of EVs and seen nothing with the combination of horizontal and vertical legroom of the smaller-battery-pack Air. Even the Mercedes EQS doesn't come close (and it has less headroom than the Air). You really have to go to a big German ICE sedan to match it.

Last edited:
Well, I don't agree quite yet. The Eureka Gold DE shown has an even, consistent surface finish, above and below the "mold line.". If you look at my image, the top portion of lip has a wrapped surface appearance, not the painted finish look of the bottom portion. I've put this question to Customer Care and will report what they say.
Putting out a request to Zenith Red DE owners. Can you please take a look at the inside upper edge of the trunk lid to see/feel what I've described?

Hydbob's picture of his Eureka Gold does not have appear to have that wrap. The paint finish is even and continuous.

I'm wondering if that "wrap" is specific to Zenith Red. Concerned about whether my PPF wrapping might need to adhere to an existing material other than original paint. If I choose to remove my wrap later on, I would hate to have the Lucid wrap come off at the same time.

Thank you.

Could it be that tinted Clearwater hmp was referring to as a special process for the Zenith Red?

Putting out a request to Zenith Red DE owners. Can you please take a look at the inside upper edge of the trunk lid to see/feel what I've described?

Hydbob's picture of his Eureka Gold does not have appear to have that wrap. The paint finish is even and continuous.

I'm wondering if that "wrap" is specific to Zenith Red.

It's hard to tell from photographs exactly what is on each car. However, if you look at the third photo down in hydbob's post #341, that line on his Eureka Gold lower trunk edge looks pretty much like the line on my Zenith Red car. I cannot tell, however, from his photo whether his car has the same slight crinkling at the edge of the "thicker" layer that my car has.

Did you get any response to the question you posed to Customer Service about it?

It's hard to tell from photographs exactly what is on each car. However, if you look at the third photo down in hydbob's post #341, that line on his Eureka Gold lower trunk edge looks pretty much like the line on my Zenith Red car. I cannot tell, however, from his photo whether his car has the same slight crinkling at the edge of the "thicker" layer that my car has.

Did you get any response to the question you posed to Customer Service about it?
The Eureka Gold shot did not show a difference in the finish above and below. The painted surface appeared continuous to my eye. However, the finish above looks like a film compared to the area immediately below, which looks like finished paint.

The Eureka Gold shot did not show a difference in the finish above and below.

That's true. However, my car has been ceramic coated, so that's the finish I'm seeing on both sides of the line.

Since the Service Center is going to examine the paint damage next week and discuss with me what to do, I'll ask them about all this.

That's true. However, my car has been ceramic coated, so that's the finish I'm seeing on both sides of the line.

Since the Service Center is going to examine the paint damage next week and discuss with me what to do, I'll ask them about all this.
What paint damage did you experience?

For the last few days we noticed that the soft close on front passenger door gets obstructed by rubber lining from passenger rear door. The door remains in half closed position and cannot be opened from outside. Has anyone seen this?

For the last few days we noticed that the soft close on front passenger door gets obstructed by rubber lining from passenger rear door. The door remains in half closed position and cannot be opened from outside. Has anyone seen this?
That is a new one. Did the rubber come loose?

No. We messed with it and found out that the soft close motor is not completely pulling the door in. If we slam the door it closes properly. We will reset the car to see if it resolves the issue.

No. We messed with it and found out that the soft close motor is not completely pulling the door in. If we slam the door it closes properly. We will reset the car to see if it resolves the issue.

I haven’t had this issue but this is the type of thing Service will replace or fix in a heartbeat.

My soft close didn't work for all of about 1 hr, the soft reset where you double lock the door and head the horn honk fixed it right away.

My feelings on the ui after playing for a few hours:

1. Omg. The pixelation is terrible. Did no one explain to their ui team what a high def graphic looks like? It’s a 5k screen, so I’d assume this will get fixed
2. Dammit! Why is the car on the screen silver when mine is red?
3. Alexa is pretty terrible, although not nearly as bad as Hey Mercedes or Hey Porsche
4. It’s been said by others: but bugs galore. For instance, when programming homelink, if you go to it from the top screen there is a button to go right to settings. It goes to the main settings page however, and not the homelink one. Another example: we programmed our address when in the showroom, after the car was pulled out of the showroom, the car had forgotten it.
5. When I registered in the app, I already had a giant red warning of a failed software update. Turns out they tried 1.1.3 on my car and rolled back to 1.1.2 and the app is super confused and angry about it.
6. Fit/finish was fantastic for being under car 300. A few very minor issues that they will fix.
7. The dates on all the paperwork when signing stuff were wrong and it too them an hour to fix

Oh! And the seat layout for the backseat is backwards in the ui when applying heated seats. It’s because the picture shows the seats looking at you, instead of the logical layout of their relationship to you (Ie: the picture shows the front of the seats, so that when you click on the left side you are actually clicking the seat on the passenger side)

Last edited:
Oh! And the seat layout for the backseat is backwards in the ui when applying heated seats. It’s because the picture shows the seats looking at you, instead of the logical layout of their relationship to you (Ie: the picture shows the front of the seats, so that when you click on the left side you are actually clicking the seat on the passenger side)
That's a new one. I guess I didn't set in the rear seats and play with the controls. You should report this, if you haven't. It's an easy fix for them. I would guess.

My feelings on the ui after playing for a few hours:

1. Omg. The pixelation is terrible. Did no one explain to their ui team what a high def graphic looks like? It’s a 5k screen, so I’d assume this will get fixed
Unless I missed it, I’m shocked we haven’t seen others mentioning such a glaring issue. As someone who truly appreciates the best video displays out there, this flaw would have hit me immediately. A 5K screen with pixelated graphics?

Is it possible this issue is unique to your car?

I haven't noticed the pixelation. And, as my Pilot Screen is frozen about half the time, I've had plenty of time to look.

The only thing that ever appears pixelated to me is the blind spot cameras and the 3d outside view, but I figure thats just the quality of the cameras.

The only thing that ever appears pixelated to me is the blind spot cameras and the 3d outside view, but I figure thats just the quality of the cameras.
I’ll grab some photos when I’m in the car later today.

Unless I missed it, I’m shocked we haven’t seen others mentioning such a glaring issue. As someone who truly appreciates the best video displays out there, this flaw would have hit me immediately. A 5K screen with pixelated graphics?

Is it possible this issue is unique to your car?
I didn’t notice it when I went back in. Maybe software bug

Also this is a good example (the photo is bad, car was moving and it was night), of what I was referring to with the heated seats, which seat do you think has the heat on? Passenger side or driver side? Note the button on driver side is lit, but the picture almost looks like passenger side

Attachments

• 256A5984-B002-4140-95F2-967A0592EBF2.jpeg
    256A5984-B002-4140-95F2-967A0592EBF2.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 147
Back