Some odds and ends

OK, maybe I won't jump ship just yet. I look forward to seeing what progress they make between now and when my GT is ready. On the bright side, if they do not deliver until after March and I have to have my car taken to a service center (closest is hundreds of miles away), at least I can drive the '73 Mustang Convertible, should be warm enough by then. It has a new engine, new brakes, new suspension, new wiring, new interior, new transmission, new radiator, new fuel system, new paint, new LED headlights, new wheels/tires, etc.

The Service Center warned me that my car could be there at least a couple of weeks, even though the actual work is probably no more than a few hours. Parts seem to be dribbling in to the Service Centers erratically, and they said that they do not want to return the car until they are certain that everything is resolved. I am in accord with that cautioned approach.
Why wouldn't they wait till all the parts are in before taking your car?

So I've had a bit more time with the car and have some other tidbits to share...

1) The 21" Dream wheels have aero covers which can be removed. After finding that out, I am looking into getting my calipers painted.

2) The UI takes some time to boot up entering the car. Once you open the door and get in, you can drive within about 5 seconds but the UI will not have finished loading yet so no cameras, no hold assist, no parking sensors, nothing computer related will be working yet until it finishes loading.

3) Facial recognition among the 4 users I programmed in worked well to adjust our seats, mirrors, and steering wheel. I'd like to see or maybe find the setting where we can save our driving preference as well (drive mode, hold assist, creep, and regen mode).

4) Homelink was easy to setup pretty standard.

5) DreamDrive has many options disabled currently. I was told that roght know the only functions I could access were lane keep assist and adaptive cruise control.

6) Setting up a dashcam right now is proving to be an interesting puzzle considering the 12v plug is in the trunk. I ordered one to see how routing wires work and will report back after I give it a go.

7) Phone key and key fob work well. Car will automatically start up and unlock about 10 feet away and will also lock automatically when you get about 10 feet away. I hope in the future the car will have an option to automatically close all windows upon lock.

8) Alexa works albeit slightly slow. Syncing the Lucid app to my Google Home was easy but I have only been able to ask Google once about the status of my car and have it work. Other times the Lucid AI states she cannot get that information for me. The Lucid AI voice is superior to Google Homr and I wish I could change all my AI voices to hers.

9) One the Lucid provided home charger, with the Nema 14-50 plug I was getting 35mi/hr at 78% SOC. With the standard 110 plug I was getting 1mi/hr.

10) I am able to fit a set of 7 year old twins into the frunk with no issue.
What rev of software are you on?

Lucid was waiting for all the parts to arrive. They are now in for the replacement of the computer, Pilot Screen, and the computer cooling system. Since the screen freezes and other software problems that seem to be unique to my car come and go -- sometimes days apart -- they want to be sure they have the car long enough to ensure these problems are eradicated before they return it.

Lucid wanted to pick the car up this week. However, we've got company flying in today, and I wanted to have an EV on hand that had a more comfortable back seat than the Model S, so I asked Lucid to hold off until next week on picking the car up.

The trunk alignment and license plate fix is something that could have been done by a mobile tech by now. Lucid is always willing to send one almost immediately upon receiving a complaint, but rather than trying to be here when techs arrive, I just asked Lucid to hold those repairs off until the car is at the Service Center.

The trunk looks like its structure comes from two pieces. Both of which are curved. I can see this potentially deforming easily as mentioned before. If both trunk closing motors aren't applying exactly the same closing force and speed I can imagine it will bend just enough to create an alignment issue. Anyone else think this is possible?

The trunk looks like its structure comes from two pieces. Both of which are curved. I can see this potentially deforming easily as mentioned before. If both trunk closing motors aren't applying exactly the same closing force and speed I can imagine it will bend just enough to create an alignment issue. Anyone else think this is possible?

Maybe. But my trunk is hitting the bumper under the license plate. I think in my case the latch may be deforming the lid downward a bit when it engages.

That’s what they’re doing for me. Not sure why they didn’t for others.

That's been my experience on all 3 service center visits. I hope Ashoka chimes in to give more detail, if he's comfortable.

Have I missed something? I have not heard of Lucid taking a car in to a Service Center before they were ready to start work on it. In my case, they held off until all the parts arrived (and even called me every couple of days to let me know that things were not yet in). Only when all the parts arrived did they then call to schedule the pickup of my car. I asked them to hold off until next week for my own convenience.

They are not keeping my car for two weeks due to waiting for parts, but in order to ensure that the repairs they do fix my computer problems. As the different problems occur at different intervals, they're going to need to keep the car for a while to be sure they are not returning a car to me that still has any of the problems they're trying to fix.

I am really hoping they make enough advancements in all areas that my car will not need a service center visit in the foreseeable future. The closest Studio to me is Tyson's Corner at over 400 miles away and the closest Service Center is over 600 miles away in Riviera Beach, FL. They really need to put one in Atlanta or the Carolinas. I think they might have some real support issues to consider before they start rolling these things out in greater numbers. Software OTA is one thing, the need to access a Service Center for non-software items will bury them quickly if they have those issues in a broader rollout.

Have I missed something? I have not heard of Lucid taking a car in to a Service Center before they were ready to start work on it. In my case, they held off until all the parts arrived (and even called me every couple of days to let me know that things were not yet in). Only when all the parts arrived did they then call to schedule the pickup of my car. I asked them to hold off until next week for my own convenience.

They are not keeping my car for two weeks due to waiting for parts, but in order to ensure that the repairs they do fix my computer problems. As the different problems occur at different intervals, they're going to need to keep the car for a while to be sure they are not returning a car to me that still has any of the problems they're trying to fix.
@hmp10 , that was my fault. When I read your comment that "the Service Center warned me that my car could be there at least a couple of weeks, even though the actual work is probably no more than a few hours. Parts seem to be dribbling in to the Service Centers erratically, and they said that they do not want to return the car until they are certain that everything is resolved," I misinterpreted that to mean the dribbling in of parts was the reason for the 2 weeks, not them keeping the car to try to recreate your headaches.

@hmp10 , that was my fault. When I read your comment that "the Service Center warned me that my car could be there at least a couple of weeks, even though the actual work is probably no more than a few hours. Parts seem to be dribbling in to the Service Centers erratically, and they said that they do not want to return the car until they are certain that everything is resolved," I misinterpreted that to mean the dribbling in of parts was the reason for the 2 weeks, not them keeping the car to try to recreate your headaches.

Sorry, I wasn't very clear in what I wrote. My comment about parts dribbling in was meant to explain why you sometimes have to wait to get the car in to a Service Center, not why the Service Center might keep it so long.

Has anyone required transport to a service center out of state? They don't have plans for a Colorado service center at the moment. My guess is Scottsdale or Houston would be the closest.

Curious how this is handled.

Has anyone required transport to a service center out of state? They don't have plans for a Colorado service center at the moment. My guess is Scottsdale or Houston would be the closest.

Curious how this is handled.
I was told that Scottsdale is the center that ships cars to 6 states. CO was one of them, so that would be my guess for service as well. Just make sure if you have to have it brought to the service center that it is during the winter/spring ;).

I'm not canceling my AGT just yet. But I'm going to hold on to my Model-X reservation. I had made both the Model-X and AGT reservation on the same day in mid Nov (2021). I really hope the quality of Lucid cars improves soon.
I also have reservations for both the AGT and Tesla MX. I put in my MX order in March '21 and have been VERY frustrated with the poor customer service (lack of communication, charging people $6500 to upgrade to the 6-seat configuration on the promise of delivery before the end of '21 and then failing to do so/not offering a refund, etc.) and poor build quality reported by those who are offered delivery (misaligned panels, paint issues, etc.). After looking for other options, I found Lucid and made a reservation for an AGT in Dec '21. Now all the talk of software problems and issues with the EA network make me nervous. So far, neither car is available to me, so I don't have to make any decisions, but I'm very much on the fence ...

Welcome to what is becoming a very crowded fence.

I had the same issue this afternoon pacific time, but it was only for a few hours and is working now.
I'm having the same issues. When I have the setting on "auto" for time zone, it always resets to pacific time when I first enter the car, then updates with eastern time zone (I'm in VA so that's the proper zone). Its been happening constantly so I just turned off "auto" and used the manual time zone setting.

I am really hoping they make enough advancements in all areas that my car will not need a service center visit in the foreseeable future. The closest Studio to me is Tyson's Corner at over 400 miles away and the closest Service Center is over 600 miles away in Riviera Beach, FL. They really need to put one in Atlanta or the Carolinas. I think they might have some real support issues to consider before they start rolling these things out in greater numbers. Software OTA is one thing, the need to access a Service Center for non-software items will bury them quickly if they have those issues in a broader rollout.
Not that its going to help you much but the delivery agent told us that they are planning for a service center in Tyson's Corner but didn't give any timetable. I have to bet that Atlanta would be on the radar as well.

Welcome to what is becoming a very crowded fence.

Me too. One of the reasons I put down a deposit on a Pure was that it will be the last model manufactured and I will be able to see if they have solved all these startup issues by the time they get to me. By then, there will be lots of choices. If Lucid doesn't solve these issues, I can move elsewhere. Even if Lucid goes under, all i have lost is $300.

I'm having the same issues. When I have the setting on "auto" for time zone, it always resets to pacific time when I first enter the car, then updates with eastern time zone (I'm in VA so that's the proper zone). Its been happening constantly so I just turned off "auto" and used the manual time zone setting.

I don’t think they were referring to any issues with time zone; I haven’t heard of any other than this. Have you reached out to customer support?

I think they were just specifying when it occurred, which was in the afternoon, in pacific time.

Back