Some odds and ends

Need to amend that to 1 mobile visit and 3 service center visits where they took my car for 2 days 5 days, then probably 2 days next week.

Okay, so it's now:

hmp10 (2 mobile visits and awaiting transport to a service center)
My friend in Orlando (mobile tech visit)
Ashoka (3 weeks at a service center)
Alex (service center)
hydbob (1 mobile visit, 3 service center visits totaling 9 days)

I’m used to Teslas and won’t have a problem getting used to it, I’d just like to know when the brake lights are going on. With our Teslas, we know by the little car on the dash. With the Lucid, I had no way of knowing. Y understanding is that the rear camera cannot be kept up while driving And that would be the other way I’d know. while driving on the highway last night, I’d let up on the pedal just slightly but the regen seemed amplified, not in actuality, because my speed wouldn’t even drop 1mph but the regen on the screen seemed high. We’re the brake lights constantly going on? I doubt it because the car behind me didn’t slow at all but I really have no idea. When I ride with my wife in her X, she drives in a way that causes the brake lights to come on a lot. I dont want to be that person.

The rest, I’ll have to figure out. I had no orientation. I got off of an airplane, went home, found the key and left. I only sat in it long enough to discover that their version of TuneIn Radio is incomplete.

One really positive we’re the headlights. I spent the past week driving my 2018 Model S and had forgotten how awful the headlights are on it. There are a couple of strange dark spots on the Lucid but other than that, I think they’re great.

And my last observation this morning before dropping it off to be tinted, radar installed, ceramic, etc. was the wipers. It was raining and perhaps I missed something but i only found auto low and auto high. Why no auto? Just plain auto. If its rain sensing, auto should be all that’s needed. Auto low did not work well. I do hope it works better than Teslas version of auto, which is useless.
My Navigator has auto wipers that are truly "auto". I turn the option on once and forget it. The system comes on when needed and speeds up or slows down automatically as needed. I would suggest Lucid do the same.

I agree that the last couple of days is the first time that I have had second thoughts about my GT purchase. The misaligned trunk rubbing on the bumper is a big concern. There have been other issues that indicate reliability problems rather than just software; latches, switch clips in the trunk, weather stripping, window shades.

The issues reset through software are not good but panel alignment and hardware reliability are not fixed through OTA.

Just for what it's worth, I had my wrap guys double check. my trunk for me and I have not had this issue. I also have not had any major hardware issues; I'm getting a couple door handles replaced but honestly that's because I'm insanely anal. My fiancee (and a friend who drives a twin turbo R8) did not notice the door handle issue (they were very slightly too recessed) and the frunk alignment issue was fixed literally the next day (the sides were very slightly overflush).

Haven't had any issues with window shades, trunk, latches, weather stripping, etc. I suspect by the time DE #520 is delivered, or especially by the time the AGTs get delivered, all of that will have been worked out.

I wouldn't cancel based on minor issues like that. The trunk issue surprised me tbh, since I hadn't seen it on mine, but I really do think that these teething issues are minor, especially compared to the issues friends are seeing on other EVs.

Okay, so it's now:

Alex (service center)

I've had 1 mobile visit (which addressed everything they could address via the mobile visit), and I have one service visit that is awaiting parts. All are fit and finish parts that nobody else noticed except me had literally the tiniest of scratches on them (I'm talking a quarter-inch or so).

Nothing serious has happened on my car, and it drives like a dream, minus occasional software bugginess that I believe 1.1.6 will address. (1.1.2 has already fixed a lot of the software issues I had)

I wouldn't cancel based on minor issues like that. The trunk issue surprised me tbh, since I hadn't seen it on mine, but I really do think that these teething issues are minor, especially compared to the issues friends are seeing on other EVs.
I'm not canceling my AGT just yet. But I'm going to hold on to my Model-X reservation. I had made both the Model-X and AGT reservation on the same day in mid Nov (2021). I really hope the quality of Lucid cars improves soon.

I'm not sure you are getting better quality with your Model X, lol. I drove a 2019 Model 3 loaner for 5 days while my car was getting wrapped and was SOOO HAPPY to get back into my Lucid. The driving interface for the Model 3 is terrible. I know already that the price is not comparable, but it's just night and day for quality of build. The Tesla UX is really overly complicated and not user friendly imo.

I am very unlikely to cancel (I hope Lucid does not read that part). From an engineering and design perspective, Lucid is far ahead of anyone else. I am an engineer and my wife is a designer and we both really like the Lucid Air. Likely for different reasons. Nothing comes close for efficiency at the same size and nothing comes close for interior space with the same exterior size. The interior materials and layout is top notch. Both my wife and I have taken a test drive and nothing that we have driven compares.

I have been very disappointed reading about the quality problems for the last couple of days. Like I said earlier, this is the first time I have questioned my decision to buy the GT. I read that Rivian took a week long pause in production to work out issues. I hope that Lucid takes the time needed to get the manufacturing quality up to the same level as the design and engineering before building GTs. I can deal with software as it improves.

I am very unlikely to cancel (I hope Lucid does not read that part). From an engineering and design perspective, Lucid is far ahead of anyone else. I am an engineer and my wife is a designer and we both really like the Lucid Air. Likely for different reasons. Nothing comes close for efficiency at the same size and nothing comes close for interior space with the same exterior size. The interior materials and layout is top notch. Both my wife and I have taken a test drive and nothing that we have driven compares.

I have been very disappointed reading about the quality problems for the last couple of days. Like I said earlier, this is the first time I have questioned my decision to buy the GT. I read that Rivian took a week long pause in production to work out issues. I hope that Lucid takes the time needed to get the manufacturing quality up to the same level as the design and engineering before building GTs. I can deal with software as it improves.
Well now that your bring up Rivian, are there any reports about QA stuff? On that note also, how many non employees have vehicles?

I had the opportunity to test drive a preproduction White GT with a software version 1.0.0 today in Torrance. This was my first 100% EV car I have driven and my first impression was Wow! I loved the way it drove, very responsive, comfortable, quiet and really enjoyed the regen braking. I too have been keeping up with all the problems our fellow Dream drivers are having and it has also worried me too, but being in a cutting-edge design and engineering marvel has reinforced my decision to continue to purchase the GT and be prepared to accept the fact that the car is not 100% prime time right now. I have faith that Lucid will get it right. I own a Mercedes-Benz and rarely get a OTA update and the one thing that Peter R. said that resonated with me is his idea that cars don’t need to be obsolete due to hardware they just need new software updates to make it better. I hope to see mine in April / May.

I had the opportunity to test drive a preproduction White GT with a software version 1.0.0 today in Torrance. This was my first 100% EV car I have driven and my first impression was Wow! I loved the way it drove, very responsive, comfortable, quiet and really enjoyed the regen braking. I too have been keeping up with all the problems our fellow Dream drivers are having and it has also worried me too, but being in a cutting-edge design and engineering marvel has reinforced my decision to continue to purchase the GT and be prepared to accept the fact that the car is not 100% prime time right now. I have faith that Lucid will get it right. I own a Mercedes-Benz and rarely get a OTA update and the one thing that Peter R. said that resonated with me is his idea that cars don’t need to be obsolete due to hardware they just need new software updates to make it better. I hope to see mine in April / May.
1.0.0? Even when I got my car in Nov, it came loaded with 1.0.2

Has anyone who has received a car thus far NOT had to call Customer Service about something?

Whose car has had to have a mobile tech visit already or go into the shop for correction?

Mine has (2 mobile visits and awaiting transport to a service center)
My friend in Orlando has (mobile tech visit)
Ashoka has (3 weeks at a service center)
Alex has

Others?
I have been mostly emailing customer service although I have been getting calls from Lucid to discuss some of the emails. So far all the issues I have had are software and items that do not effect the driving experience once on the road. I'm using bluetooth for music and not trying to change source. Lock / unlock is much improved with 1.1.2. Accessing homelink is annoying, and I find the park distance / camera system to be unusable so I turned it off. There are also many systems still unavailable. With those significant caveats, I'm enjoying driving the car. Obviously, to be a Luxury car all these systems have to work. Setting expectations is important. If prior to delivery some one from Lucid had called and said "the software is still beta, you may experience some problems, but you can help us improve the car, do you want to take delivery or wait for a later delivery" I would have taken the car and instead of being disappointed by the software, I would be ok with being an early adopter. Expectations and communication are so important to customer satisfaction. A slow roll for Lucid at this point seems to be a smart move, as they can not have 10,000 cars out there with this level of issues, customer care would be quickly overwhelmed.

Setting expectations is important. If prior to delivery some one from Lucid had called and said "the software is still beta, you may experience some problems, but you can help us improve the car, do you want to take delivery or wait for a later delivery" I would have taken the car and instead of being disappointed by the software, I would be ok with being an early adopter. Expectations and communication are so important to customer satisfaction. A slow roll for Lucid at this point seems to be a smart move, as they can not have 10,000 cars out there with this level of issues, customer care would be quickly overwhelmed.
I would take delivery with beta software and it would benefit Lucid to have more cars delivered so they can see the software issues. It is the hardware, then that would overwhelm them. If they have the fit and finish issues, then they need to take a step back. As for the software, push the cars out.

Alex (service center)
borski (1 mobile visit, awaiting service center visit)

Alex (service center)
borski (1 mobile visit, awaiting service center visit)
Was Ashoka's car really stuck in a service center for 3 weeks? Did he say why it was that long?

From an engineering and design perspective, Lucid is far ahead of anyone else.

This is the Air's saving grace. Despite my growing list of hardware issues, I still agree with the NACOTY judge who could not cast his vote for Lucid due to early software issues, but said that six months from now it will be the best car in the world . . . not the best EV, but the best car. (Of course, I'm assuming that six months will see the end of the hardware woes we early owners are seeing.)

Having owned three flawless Audi R8s (including one of the first ones delivered to the U.S.) that came out of a new line that Peter Hochholdinger built and ran, and knowing the job he did in pulling Tesla back from the brink of a manufacturing collapse with the Model 3 -- and listening to one Rawlinson interview after another in which he talked about the imperative to deliver an uncompromised owner experience from the start -- I perhaps put too much faith in Lucid's ability to get the hardware issues 100% right with the start of production. Based on our Model S Plaid, Tesla still hasn't cracked that nut ten years in, but Lucid, unlike Tesla, really does seem to be trying.

Last edited:
Was Ashoka's car really stuck in a service center for 3 weeks? Did he say why it was that long?

That's what he told me. He did not want to get into a lot of detail, so I didn't press him for any. However, he remains pleased with Lucid's service response and optimistic that everything is being set to rights.

That does not necessarily mean Ashoka's car was actually being worked on for three weeks. The Service Center warned me that my car could be there at least a couple of weeks, even though the actual work is probably no more than a few hours. Parts seem to be dribbling in to the Service Centers erratically, and they said that they do not want to return the car until they are certain that everything is resolved. I am in accord with that cautioned approach.

Back