Some odds and ends

Yes, they should put in the right large panel, where it currently only says Air

I could be wrong, but I have a feeling an animation of the car and what it's doing in its surrounding will come with Dream Drive.

As for using the larger touch panel for the radio, MiamiCanes, there is a button (a thin horizontal line) in the Music menu that will pull the menu down to the lower Pilot Screen, enlarge it, and bring up more features (such as a keyboard for some apps).

Last edited:
As for using the larger touch panel for the radio, MiamiCanes, there is a button (a narrow horizontal line) in the Music menu that will pull the menu down to the lower Pilot Screen, enlarge it, and bring up more features (such as a keyboard for some apps).
Also, I believe, for many menus, there is a horizontal line at the top of the pilot panel that you can use to pull down the items from the upper panel. I'm going by memory, since I don't have access to my car right now.

The ride was rough. I drove it about 30 minutes down I95 from WPB to Delray Beach. Done this in many other cars and it was never so harsh.

Interesting. For the past couple of weeks I have stayed out of our Tesla Plaid, choosing to drive the Lucid to ferret out as many bugs as I can before the car is trucked to a Service Center next week for several repairs. Tonight I got back into the Tesla to go do dinner and immediately noticed that it was noisier and harsher riding than the Air (even though the active noise cancellation had recently arrived via an OTA update from Tesla).

The Lucid, though a luxury car, is meant to be a sporting one and deliberately eschewed the Mercedes EQS approach. I find it landed that balance exactly to my tastes.

I don’t want to start another thread, especially complaining, so I’ll throw a couple of things on this one. I drove my car for the first time tonight. Not thrilled! The ride was rough. I drove it about 30 minutes down I95 from WPB to Delray Beach. Done this in many other cars and it was never so harsh. Wondering if the tires aren’t balanced. However, as others have mentioned, it was the software that killed the buzz. Haven’t seen it mentioned but perhaps it has been but Tune In radio didn't seem to have a way to find foreign radio stations, which is mostly what I listen to. Then when finally settling on something, the turn signal seemed to stop the music! It’s possible tht it was something else but if it was, it was an unusual coincidence. The massage seats wouldn’t stay on at all.

For those that know, is there a way to use the larger touch panel for the radio? It seems fairly useless to me. I found the audio controls on the small upper right hand panel and didn’t like it.

Also, it Was difficult to maintain an even speed on the highway. Slight adjustments would seem to trigger the regen and I was wondering if I was constantly causing the break lights to come on. However, I was missing the small car on the dash that would give me feedback, like the break lights. I think Lucid should copy Tesla on that and show us what’s going on with the car while we’re driving. It was nighttime while I was driving but without being able to have the rear camera up, I had no clue if my break lights were coming on or not.
Perhaps you may have a problem with your suspension setup?? On my test drive in the Dream I was very impressed with the ride comfort and handling and we did drive over some somewhat "rough" roads with no harshness noted. Owners on this forum have consistently praised the ride quality and handling. Maybe a tire balance problem as you mentioned or perhaps one of your wheels has been damaged? As for the maintaining an even speed I did notice the regen effect will take some getting used to and maybe your car is on the max regen setting??

Even if they didn’t cover it (which they did), turns out refinishing a wheel through Lucid is a flat fee of $150 which is honestly WAY lower than I thought it would be.
That is less than I'd pay a reputable shop - and that must include pickup and dropoff? They can't be making money on that. Quite reassuring.

As for the maintaining an even speed I did notice the regen effect will take some getting used to and maybe your car is on the max regen setting??

The Lucid's regen effect is very similar to all the recent Teslas. When you come completely off the throttle, you will not coast down gently as you do in an ICE car. Regen will slow the car more aggressively. You modulate speed up and down using the throttle and slow by backing off the throttle gently -- not by coming off it completely. Some people find it takes a bit of getting used to; others take to it almost immediately. However, once they get used to it, most people never want to go back. You don't really realize how often you have to get on and off the brake pedal in traffic until you get back into an ICE car after getting used to one-pedal driving.

Cars that have tried to mimic the sensation of conventional braking in cars with regen -- such as Porsche, Audi, and the Mercedes EQS -- have drawn flak from most car reviewers for trying to make drivers feel their cars don't have regen instead of encouraging drivers to embrace the advantages of true one-pedal driving.

Give it some time, Miamicanes. I expect you'll be glad you did.

Perhaps you may have a problem with your suspension setup?? On my test drive in the Dream I was very impressed with the ride comfort and handling and we did drive over some somewhat "rough" roads with no harshness noted. Owners on this forum have consistently praised the ride quality and handling. Maybe a tire balance problem as you mentioned or perhaps one of your wheels has been damaged? As for the maintaining an even speed I did notice the regen effect will take some getting used to and maybe your car is on the max regen setting??
I’m used to Teslas and won’t have a problem getting used to it, I’d just like to know when the brake lights are going on. With our Teslas, we know by the little car on the dash. With the Lucid, I had no way of knowing. Y understanding is that the rear camera cannot be kept up while driving And that would be the other way I’d know. while driving on the highway last night, I’d let up on the pedal just slightly but the regen seemed amplified, not in actuality, because my speed wouldn’t even drop 1mph but the regen on the screen seemed high. We’re the brake lights constantly going on? I doubt it because the car behind me didn’t slow at all but I really have no idea. When I ride with my wife in her X, she drives in a way that causes the brake lights to come on a lot. I dont want to be that person.

The rest, I’ll have to figure out. I had no orientation. I got off of an airplane, went home, found the key and left. I only sat in it long enough to discover that their version of TuneIn Radio is incomplete.

One really positive we’re the headlights. I spent the past week driving my 2018 Model S and had forgotten how awful the headlights are on it. There are a couple of strange dark spots on the Lucid but other than that, I think they’re great.

And my last observation this morning before dropping it off to be tinted, radar installed, ceramic, etc. was the wipers. It was raining and perhaps I missed something but i only found auto low and auto high. Why no auto? Just plain auto. If its rain sensing, auto should be all that’s needed. Auto low did not work well. I do hope it works better than Teslas version of auto, which is useless.

More on the trunk ...

In the course of examining the misaligned closure, I noticed what looks and feels like a wrap on the trunk lid. It is very easy to feel with your finger and you can see the wrap edge with your naked eye. The paint color extends beyond the wrapped material, so I can't figure what it is other than a clear wrap. I checked the frunk, which does not have a similar coating or wrap. It was too difficult in a still photo, but is very easy to see in a frame grab from a short video. Look horizontally where the arrows point.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Trunk Inside Upper Lid.jpg
    Trunk Inside Upper Lid.jpg
    587.7 KB · Views: 165
One really positive we’re the headlights. I spent the past week driving my 2018 Model S and had forgotten how awful the headlights are on it. There are a couple of strange dark spots on the Lucid but other than that, I think they’re great.

I asked Lucid about those dark spots, which all the cars have. They said they are black out areas to keep the very strong headlights from blinding oncoming cars.

We have a Model S Plaid, and the headlights are considerably improved over the headlights of the 2015 Model S we traded for it (although the Lucid headlights are still better). What drives me crazy about the Plaid is that none of the rearview mirrors have auto-dimming at night. As most pickup and SUV drivers here in Florida think they should drive with every blasted light on the vehicle blazing, nighttime driving is beset with a lot of blinding glare.

We're all still waiting, though, for Lucid to activate the self-dimming feature when you're driving on high beams.

And my last observation this morning before dropping it off to be tinted, radar installed, ceramic, etc. was the wipers. It was raining and perhaps I missed something but i only found auto low and auto high. Why no auto? Just plain auto. If its rain sensing, auto should be all that’s needed. Auto low did not work well. I do hope it works better than Teslas version of auto, which is useless.

I don't know why Lucid opted for two different auto wiper settings, but I have to say its auto function works considerably better than in our Honda or Tesla. With those cars, the auto will sometimes be so slow to activate that I have to check to be sure the auto function is turned on. Then, after the view is almost completely obscured by rain, they will start wiping furiously and continue long after the windshield is clear, and then go back to sleep until the cycle starts up again. In light rain I usually just turn auto-wipe off and swipe the windshield myself with the pulse button.

In the Lucid, I find the Auto Low setting runs the wipers almost exactly as I would. I haven't tried the Auto High setting yet, but I assume it will work well, too.

Last edited:
That is less than I'd pay a reputable shop - and that must include pickup and dropoff? They can't be making money on that. Quite reassuring.

Yeah, I was genuinely surprised, and it includes both. Perhaps it’s a “consolation” to customers but I’m very happy with this plan. (It’s per wheel, to be clear)

Okay so, this is the FIRST time this has happened to me, but my door handle stayed depressed today and my rear left shade stopped working.

More on the trunk ...

In the course of examining the misaligned closure, I noticed what looks and feels like a wrap on the trunk lid. It is very easy to feel with your finger and you can see the wrap edge with your naked eye. The paint color extends beyond the wrapped material, so I can't figure what it is other than a clear wrap. I checked the frunk, which does not have a similar coating or wrap. It was too difficult in a still photo, but is very easy to see in a frame grab from a short video. Look horizontally where the arrows point.

Any ideas?

That's a good catch and very interesting. I looked more carefully at my car trunk and found the same thing. The car has been Opti-Coated, so the edge is not completely sharp, but it really does look like the edge of a wrap. There is even a bit of crinkling, showing that it is not an artifact of how that area was painted. As near as I could tell, it stops at the panel seam at the tips of the taillights and is thus only on the panel holding the license plate.

I had mentioned earlier that the back of the Lucid attracts a lot more dust than the backs of our other cars. I wonder if Lucid realized the airflow over the rear does this and decided to put some extra protection there? I can think of no other reason to do it.

It doesn't feel like a wrap, I kind of scraped at it and it doesn't really move at all. I think it's part of the stamping line.

Okay so, this is the FIRST time this has happened to me, but my door handle stayed depressed today and my rear left shade stopped working.

Uh, oh. Did you try a software reset to see if that changed anything? (Our 2015 Model S went through four driver door handle mechanisms. I hope the Lucid won't be similarly plagued.)

It doesn't feel like a wrap, I kind of scraped at it and it doesn't really move at all. I think it's part of the stamping line.

I wondered that, but then I saw a bit of crinkling along the raised edge that made it look more like a wrap. Does you car exhibit that?

And you thought you were done with surprises? Not by a long shot!

I wondered that, but then I saw a bit of crinkling along the raised edge that made it look more like a wrap. Does you car exhibit that?
Yes it does, particularly under the license plate area. Definitely a wrap and not paint seam. So, I'll be wrapping a wrap back there? I wonder if the Stek Dynoshield will adhere to it long term.

Uh, oh. Did you try a software reset to see if that changed anything? (Our 2015 Model S went through four driver door handle mechanisms. I hope the Lucid won't be similarly plagued.)
Yes on the door handle back to working normal.

Yes it does, particularly under the license plate area. Definitely a wrap and not paint seam. So, I'll be wrapping a wrap back there? I wonder if the Stek Dynoshield will adhere to it long term.
If they wrapped it why wouldn't they extend the wrap another 1/4" to wrap completely under the trunk lid?

Back