Some odds and ends

Yea that rubbing thing is weird, be ause normally their is t play on the latches like that..

There are two rubber bumper stops on each side of the trunk already. I thought they were adjustable, but could not budge them. They come down on a round black metal pad – maybe it's adjustable? I was actually thinking of putting some stick on velcro felt on that metal to keep the trunk from touching, but the car was going to picked up the next day.

I seem to have adequate clearance on both sides. My scuffing is right under the license plate. I'm wondering if when the latch engages, it exerts just enough pressure to pull the center of the trunk a smidge tighter onto the rubber trunk seal.

There are two rubber bumper stops on each side of the trunk already. I thought they were adjustable, but could not budge them. They come down on a round black metal pad – maybe it's adjustable? I was actually thinking of putting some stick on velcro felt on that metal to keep the trunk from touching, but the car was going to picked up the next day.
I hope my gap can be adjusted in the field, since the closest service center is 700 miles away. :-(

How that misaligned trunk got out the door of the factory is beyond me if anyone was paying the least bit of attention
Looks like they also hired people from Tesla's quality assurance team.

Well the good news is that everyone still buys Teslas regardless!...but really, maybe this is why they had delays in production because of the trunk alignment, though mine seems be completely fine...

Actually, I'm really curious, did you notice this before? Because if it was scraping and misaligned the whole time, shouldn't your opti-coat guy have caught some scraping already before he coated it?

If they want to maintain a modicum of integrity, it's time for Lucid to quit pumping out interviews about their determination to get quality right from the get-go and videos of inspectors going over cars with a fine-tooth comb. This ship has already sailed; those things are not happening.

What they now need to be doing is assuring early customers that, whatever plagues their cars, it will be made right.

At least, based on my growing experience thus far, Lucid is holding up the bargain on that latter score.

I would have given up on this car by now if it weren't such a damned amazing and comfortable piece of driving machinery.

If they want to maintain a modicum of integrity, it's time for Lucid to quit pumping out interviews about their determination to get quality right from the get-go and videos of inspectors going over cars with a fine-tooth comb. This ship has already sailed; those things are not happening.

What they now need to be doing is assuring early customers that, whatever plagues their cars, it will be made right.

At least, based on my growing experience thus far, Lucid is holding up the bargain on that latter score.

I would have given up on this car by now if it weren't such a damned amazing and comfortable piece of driving machinery.
My Zenith Red?

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    558.2 KB · Views: 121
Actually, I'm really curious, did you notice this before? Because if it was scraping and misaligned the whole time, shouldn't your opti-coat guy have caught some scraping already before he coated it?

I drove the car very little until I had it Opti-Coated less than a week after we took delivery. (We had the Plaid coated the day after delivery. Florida bugs work on their own schedules in juicing up the front ends of cars down here.) Since the local installer was booked, I arranged for another installer to drive down from Sarasota (two hours away) to get the car coated as soon as I could. At the time, the roadwork and canal construction that has plagued us with dust for the past couple of weeks had not yet started. (Our house is the last house on the pavement before the road turns to dirt as it enters the nature preserve. They are now grading the road to repave the existing surface and extend the pavement into the rookery at the same time they upgrade the canal control system, and we drive through clouds of road and construction dust getting to the house right now.)

And, as I said, I've only opened the trunk a few times. Also, my trunk lid is not noticeably misaligned, as were Alex's and PhotoEye's.

I drove the car very little until I had it Opti-Coated less than a week after we took delivery. (We had the Plaid coated the day after delivery. Florida bugs work on their own schedules in juicing up the front ends of cars down here.) Since the local installer was booked, I arranged for another installer to drive down from Sarasota (two hours away) to get the car coated as soon as I could. At the time, the roadwork and canal construction that has plagued us with dust for the past couple of weeks had not yet started. (Our house is the last house on the pavement before the road turns to dirt as it enters the nature preserve. They are now grading the road to repave the existing surface and extend the pavement into the rookery at the same time they upgrade the canal control system, and we drive through clouds of road and construction dust getting to the house right now.)

And, as I said, I've only opened the trunk a few times. Also, my trunk lid is not noticeably misaligned, as were Alex's and PhotoEye's.
Ahh okay, that stinks, sorry to see that, but you are right. I have absolutely 0 doubt they will make it right.

Perhaps it was good that mine got delivered in January. I had one minor frunk alignment issue (it was overflush on the sides *very* slightly) but no trunk issues. I’ve put >300 miles on it now and while the software is buggy, it’s limited to minor things like the music turning off or the massages turning off. Nothing major has plagued me; just minor annoyances, and their auto park curbed my wheel once (which they are refinishing for free).

their auto park curbed my wheel once (which they are refinishing for free).
Did they acknowledge this as a bug in their software, which they expect to fix in a future update? I'm not great at parallel parking and want the car to do a better job of it than me.

On a positive note. For me the locking/unlocking has been much improved with 1.1.2. Still would like some preference for lock/unlock. Got a call today from the service center they want to schedule an appointment to check mt park distance sensors. I've sent some detailed emails and pictures. The sensors have performed so consistently I am pretty sure it is software, but happy to have a technician check it out.

Did they acknowledge this as a bug in their software, which they expect to fix in a future update? I'm not great at parallel parking and want the car to do a better job of it than me.

Absolutely. They’re taking a dump of logs from the car, too.

Absolutely. They’re taking a dump of logs from the car, too.

Even if they didn’t cover it (which they did), turns out refinishing a wheel through Lucid is a flat fee of $150 which is honestly WAY lower than I thought it would be.

On a positive note. For me the locking/unlocking has been much improved with 1.1.2. Still would like some preference for lock/unlock. Got a call today from the service center they want to schedule an appointment to check mt park distance sensors. I've sent some detailed emails and pictures. The sensors have performed so consistently I am pretty sure it is software, but happy to have a technician check it out.
Bill, I'm curious if you had any protective film (PPF) put onto your car? Just wondering if your sensors have a PPF over them?

The car is 100% stock. I will probably add something on the front, but haven't done anything to date.

I don’t want to start another thread, especially complaining, so I’ll throw a couple of things on this one. I drove my car for the first time tonight. Not thrilled! The ride was rough. I drove it about 30 minutes down I95 from WPB to Delray Beach. Done this in many other cars and it was never so harsh. Wondering if the tires aren’t balanced. However, as others have mentioned, it was the software that killed the buzz. Haven’t seen it mentioned but perhaps it has been but Tune In radio didn't seem to have a way to find foreign radio stations, which is mostly what I listen to. Then when finally settling on something, the turn signal seemed to stop the music! It’s possible tht it was something else but if it was, it was an unusual coincidence. The massage seats wouldn’t stay on at all.

For those that know, is there a way to use the larger touch panel for the radio? It seems fairly useless to me. I found the audio controls on the small upper right hand panel and didn’t like it.

Also, it Was difficult to maintain an even speed on the highway. Slight adjustments would seem to trigger the regen and I was wondering if I was constantly causing the break lights to come on. However, I was missing the small car on the dash that would give me feedback, like the break lights. I think Lucid should copy Tesla on that and show us what’s going on with the car while we’re driving. It was nighttime while I was driving but without being able to have the rear camera up, I had no clue if my break lights were coming on or not.

However, I was missing the small car on the dash that would give me feedback, like the break lights. I think Lucid should copy Tesla on that and show us what’s going on with the car while we’re driving.
Yes, they should put in the right large panel, where it currently only says Air

Back