Software update bricked my car

Cici83

Cars
Lucid Pure Air
I received my Lucid Pure mid April. Barely drove it a few times (less than 800 miles). A couple weeks later I got a notification for a software update, I hit schedule and left the car. 24 hours later when I went to drive it, the car wouldn’t wake up. Lucid technician came to my house and tried everything he could but no light or anything was coming on. The doors wouldn’t even open. He tried for 3 hours and finally called it in and he was instructed to tow the car from San Diego to Anaheim. It’s been 3 weeks and they still can’t figure out what’s going on. I can track the car from the app and it’s been in sleep and unable to wake. Finally after a week they were able to wake it up but then it kept going back to sleep. So far they keep replacing things in the car and I’m not sure how’s this going to end. Anyone else having a similar issue?

Car bricked tonight. Update to 2.0.68 last night. Valet reset did it in.

They isolated it to the high voltage battery pack remotely. Hopefully, we will get both of our cars back sooner rather than later.

Car bricked tonight. Update to 2.0.68 last night. Valet reset did it in.

They isolated it to the high voltage battery pack remotely. Hopefully, we will get both of our cars back sooner rather than later.
It’s been 3 weeks for us and I just got a call 2 hours ago saying they have to replace another component. So far they’ve replaced 4 or 5 things and the car still can’t function yet.

It’s been 3 weeks for us and I just got a call 2 hours ago saying they have to replace another component. So far they’ve replaced 4 or 5 things and the car still can’t function yet.
Patience will be key. If you haven't seen the tech talks and Munro videos, give them a watch. These are very complex, highly interconnected machines with little room for error and/or failure of a single part.

The great thing is that most of this technology is in-house with entire teams of excellent engineers to diagnose and resolve issues.

Patience will be key. If you haven't seen the tech talks and Munro videos, give them a watch. These are very complex, highly interconnected machines with little room for error and/or failure of a single part.

The great thing is that most of this technology is in-house with entire teams of excellent engineers to diagnose and resolve issues.
I have been patient for sure but I started to wonder if this issue is going to have any long term impact on the car. Hopefully you get yours soon.

Back