GT would not wake up

wilhelr3

I took delivery of my Grand Touring in December 2022 and drove it 20 miles home. Went to drive it two days later and the car would not wake up. Spent an hour on the phone with customer service, and the problem could not be fixed remotely. It was towed to the Lucid Millbrae Service Center. They acknowledged the problem, but were unable to determine what was causing it and unable to fix. They were eventually able to drive the car a short distance, but it would fall asleep and not wake up. The car has remained at the Millbrae Service Center for the past 6 months. Has anyone else had this problem?

So you're saying you bought an Air in December, drove it once for 20 miles and it has been with Lucid Service ever since? That doesn't make sense.

I took delivery of my Grand Touring in December 2022 and drove it 20 miles home. Went to drive it two days later and the car would not wake up. Spent an hour on the phone with customer service, and the problem could not be fixed remotely. It was towed to the Lucid Millbrae Service Center. They acknowledged the problem, but were unable to determine what was causing it and unable to fix. They were eventually able to drive the car a short distance, but it would fall asleep and not wake up. The car has remained at the Millbrae Service Center for the past 6 months. Has anyone else had this problem?
You are a saint. Why haven't you demanded that they buy back the car (or, alternatively, invoke the lemon law)?

You are a saint. Why haven't you demanded that they buy back the car (or, alternatively, invoke the lemon law)?
Because he's a troll? No one would let their new car sit in the service center for 6 months without demanding some sort of buy back. And the service center likely would have replaced the battery and wunderbox, the computer, etc. to fix the issue long, long ago.

Maybe try stronger coffee…

Yes something seems off here. I’d be ripping someone a new one after 4 weeks

After 6 weeks of being unable to fix the problem, they provided me with a loaner car (Air GT with Dealer plate), and promised a replacement vehicle. They looked at the Wunderbox, the drive unit, etc and were not able to resolve the problem.I have been driving the loaner car for 5 months waiting for them to get their act together and have grown weary of the process. I would be surprised if any other owner was able to get a replacement vehicle for any problem that could not be resolved on their GT. I was willing to give Lucid Motors some leeway given that they are a new company and I have been driving a loaner GT all this time, but now considering asking for my money back.

Attachments

• IMG_4420.jpg
    IMG_4420.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 100
It is not that I don't believe you, but I would have asked for a new car at this point. If you are in a loaner, then you know it is a fantastic car.

I'm creeping up on five weeks without my car in total with no estimate in sight for a return. If there was not a loaner coming, towing company or not at fault for damage to the car that's taking so long would have me more than frustrated. Can't imagine being in this Model 3 for a day longer...

Let us know the resolution. A new car though would be best case scenario in my opinion and rightly justified with lemon law in my humble opinion, loaner or no.

They promised a new car when I picked up the loaner in January. Apparently it is not an easy process for them to figure out. Initially I was told that their board (which meets every other month?), had to determine how to proceed. Hard to believe that they have not dealt with this before now.

Well I suppose I would be more relaxed if I had a loaner that was equal to the car I purchased. I mean you basically have gotten 6 months of free milage. Once you get a replacement or the original car back it will still be very low milage so thats a win.

Back