Software Bugs

Bugs you have experienced

• Total voters
Wow. So sorry for what you have experienced. It is reports like this that make me nervous considering taking my GT for long trips. I was planning on driving my daughter up to college later this week but knowing some of these issues now makes me think of taking our "reliable" ICE vehicle instead. I have had some screen drop outs recently as well and have noticed it always happens after trying to use TIDAL and then TIDAL freezes. Not sure if it is a coincidence. Certainly is annoying not to be able to use any functions on the right screen or pilot panel unless stopping to reset the car. If it weren't for the amazing driving experience, I am sure a lot of us would be unloading these cars. This is my daily driver and having these type of glitches is very concerning.

I drove my family all the way from Millbrae, CA to Denver visiting 4 National Parks. Then continued home to Indy by myself. I have a thread on this forum dedicated to that trip.

We crossed the California, Nevada, Utah and New Mexico deserts in June with temps over 100°. Death Valley was 120° after that I wasn't worried we'd get stranded.

You will be fine.

TIDAL implementation is not good. I'm not sure but when the platform first came out there were issues with many players being unable or having difficulty unfolding MQA. There mere fact it cannot continue from where it left off, playlist or album, I wonder if it's the car or TIDAL.

This alone should be enough to allow hardwire connection!!!

This thought just occurred to me, but is it possible all these other issues stem from a loose wire from your radar installation which only happens intermittently? That installation was quite the tear down...

I had a weeks-long wait for an opening with the radar installation. The frequent screen freezes I was initially having started before the radar system was installed. The freezes then disappeared for a long period after Lucid replaced the MCU, leading me to think the problem was resolved. It is only recently that they have returned.

Lucid is going to send a tech to check the car out yet again. I just sent them a message noting that in the days leading up to yesterday's freezes the car had begun to exhibit odd software behavior I had not seen before. While the trunk and the frunk would open automatically, they would not close automatically. I had to push them closed manually. Also, for about a week prior to yesterday's freezes the charge port door was malfunctioning. I would push the button on the Glass Cockpit to open the port door as usual, but it would often not activate. When additional pushes on the button finally lit it up, the light would quickly go back out before I could even open the car door. This had never happened before. In each case, the port door was still closed, and I had to open it by pushing manually on it.

At one point I inquired of my radar installer whether he got anywhere near the computer screens of the car. He said he did not. The software issues I have had have affected the audio system, the A/C system, the Glass Cockpit (right side only), the Pilot Screen, the trunk and frunk operation, the charge port door. If the installer got nowhere near the car's MCU or screens, for all these things to malfunction intermittently would have meant disruptions to a whole lot of wiring all over the car.

I had a weeks-long wait for an opening with the radar installation. The frequent screen freezes I was initially having started before the radar system was installed. The freezes then disappeared for a long period after Lucid replaced the MCU, leading me to think the problem was resolved. It is only recently that they have returned.

Lucid is going to send a tech to check the car out yet again. I just sent them a message noting that in the days leading up to yesterday's freezes the car had begun to exhibit odd software behavior I had not seen before. While the trunk and the frunk would open automatically, they would not close automatically. I had to push them closed manually. Also, for about a week prior to yesterday's freezes the charge port door was malfunctioning. I would push the button on the Glass Cockpit to open the port door as usual, but it would often not activate. When additional pushes on the button finally lit it up, the light would quickly go back out before I could even open the car door. This had never happened before. In each case, the port door was still closed, and I had to open it by pushing manually on it.

At one point I inquired of my radar installer whether he got anywhere near the computer screens of the car. He said he did not. The software issues I have had have affected the audio system, the A/C system, the Glass Cockpit (right side only), the Pilot Screen, the trunk and frunk operation, the charge port door. If the installer got nowhere near the car's MCU or screens, for all these things to malfunction intermittently would have meant disruptions to a whole lot of wiring all over the car.

It sounds like the network, CAN?, in the car is faulty. Modules lose communication briefly with each other. I wonder if they are using Ethernet cables or something proprietary?

I know if cables exceed their bend radius, they will not function correctly.

It sounds like the network, CAN?, in the car is faulty. Modules lose communication briefly with each other. I wonder if they are using Ethernet cables or something proprietary?

I know if cables exceed their bend radius, they will not function correctly.
Lucid's proprietary DreamDrive Pro is designed to grow in capability over time, blending sophisticated hardware – a comprehensive 32-sensor suite, lightning-speed gigabit ethernet networking, and a novel dual-rail power system – and regular over-the-air (OTA) software updates with an in-house software stack built on NVIDIA DRIVE.

Lucid's proprietary DreamDrive Pro is designed to grow in capability over time, blending sophisticated hardware – a comprehensive 32-sensor suite, lightning-speed gigabit ethernet networking, and a novel dual-rail power system – and regular over-the-air (OTA) software updates with an in-house software stack built on NVIDIA DRIVE.

That could mean cat6 or cat6a. Cat 6a is sensitive to exceeding bend radius.

TIDAL implementation is not good. I'm not sure but when the platform first came out there were issues with many players being unable or having difficulty unfolding MQA. There mere fact it cannot continue from where it left off, playlist or album, I wonder if it's the car or TIDAL.

This alone should be enough to allow hardwire connection!!!
I agree, it’s silly that it starts the album over every time you restart the car. My guess is that this ends up in an update “down the road”.

I agree, it’s silly that it starts the album over every time you restart the car. My guess is that this ends up in an update “down the road”.

If you have that you're doing better than me! I get last track played only, then Tidal starts a random playlist that track belongs to...

My 2016 Model S also does weird things with audio restarting when I get back in the car. Tesla seems to have never figured this out (at least up until my car stopped getting OTA updates in 2020). Slacker usually is reliable at resuming. FM usually will still play the same thing next time. Spotify is spotty, sometimes changing source or changing to a totally different album. Sometimes no matter what I was playing when I exited last time, some random track on Spotify will be playing when I next get in the car. It's a hot mess, and kinda drives me nuts.

My 2016 Model S also does weird things with audio restarting when I get back in the car. Tesla seems to have never figured this out (at least up until my car stopped getting OTA updates in 2020). Slacker usually is reliable at resuming. FM usually will still play the same thing next time. Spotify is spotty, sometimes changing source or changing to a totally different album. Sometimes no matter what I was playing when I exited last time, some random track on Spotify will be playing when I next get in the car. It's a hot mess, and kinda drives me nuts.
Stopped getting OTA in 2020? Tesla is not OTA lifetime?

Stopped getting OTA in 2020? Tesla is not OTA lifetime?
When the eMMC chip in my main computer started to fail, I had a third party repair place change it out. They re-route the diagnostic data to them in the process so I don't have to go to Tesla service centers any more. I have PTSD from all the bad things the Dedham and Watertown SCs did to me over the past 6 years.

The eMMC failure was actually the final straw for me with Tesla. It cost me $2k out of pocket to repair, then a year later they announced a recall and that they would reimburse anyone who paid for it out of pocket before that. My request for reimbursement was denied because "I didn't meet the qualifications for the refund". They gave no proper explanation, but seemed to imply both that I hadn't done the repair at a Tesla SC, and also that I hadn't fully waited for the car to be bricked before I undertook the repair. The only times I have been more mad in my entire life have all had to do with this Tesla. I thought my brain was going to explode out of my head and leave a giant splatter on the ceiling. It still makes me angry thinking about it. I really need to get rid of this car. Someone please call my DA and get my reservation bumped up ;-)

My 2016 Tesla Model S did great radio/streaming wise. Slacker would always pickup were it left off. Not sure why you stopped getting OTA updates. I think I got one of my last ones in early 2022. My Tesla was having some serious sensor issues where all the convenience package things would just keep cutting out on me. I couldnt wait to sell my Tesla as soon as my Lucid came in.

I was excited to get Lucid and its Atomos radio because they were really touting that in their emails. It just sucks that the audio system has so many issues. A nice simple relaxing drive to work or anywhere becomes a wrestling match with the audio system. For me, it doesnt matter how many bugs the car has this time and I willing to wait for the fixes but please just fix the audio issue first :)

I have to say the second annoying issue is the lane departure sensitivity. I swear you have to keep the car so it feel like within inches of the center of the lane sometimes. I feel the car bouncing me from left to right sometimes and I am nowhere near the divider line.

When the eMMC chip in my main computer started to fail, I had a third party repair place change it out. They re-route the diagnostic data to them in the process so I don't have to go to Tesla service centers any more. I have PTSD from all the bad things the Dedham and Watertown SCs did to me over the past 6 years.

The eMMC failure was actually the final straw for me with Tesla. It cost me $2k out of pocket to repair, then a year later they announced a recall and that they would reimburse anyone who paid for it out of pocket before that. My request for reimbursement was denied because "I didn't meet the qualifications for the refund". They gave no proper explanation, but seemed to imply both that I hadn't done the repair at a Tesla SC, and also that I hadn't fully waited for the car to be bricked before I undertook the repair. The only times I have been more mad in my entire life have all had to do with this Tesla. I thought my brain was going to explode out of my head and leave a giant splatter on the ceiling. It still makes me angry thinking about it. I really need to get rid of this car. Someone please call my DA and get my reservation bumped up ;-)

I had similar feelings when I paid $3,000 for the Tesla Autopilot option in 2015 only to find its features progressively removed by Tesla, with some being migrated over to the FSD package. (The eMMC also failed in that car after the original warranty period, but at least I had bought a 2-year extended warranty that covered it.)

I think Tesla's pricing strategy is misleading and predatory, and the only reason we have another Tesla in the household is because my partner lusted after the Plaid which became available before our Dream Edition finally arrived after multiple delays.

I have to say the second annoying issue is the lane departure sensitivity. I swear you have to keep the car so it feel like within inches of the center of the lane sometimes. I feel the car bouncing me from left to right sometimes and I am nowhere near the divider line.
I recently turned that lane assist off, and it has been much smoother driving experience.

We just got in the car with four of us heading for dinner. As soon as the car booted up, it started to emit that ear-splitting white noise again from the right rear speaker. We had to bail out of the car as quickly as we could and are now back in the house waiting for the damned car to reboot.

I'm sick of getting into this car and wondering what's going to go wrong next. Lucid is picking the car up to take to a service center. This is the last time. If these problems continue after it comes back, we're going to be talking lemon law.

We just got in the car with four of us heading for dinner. As soon as the car booted up, it started to emit that ear-splitting white noise again from the right rear speaker. We had to bail out of the car as quickly as we could and are now back in the house waiting for the damned car to reboot.

I'm sick of getting into this car and wondering what's going to go wrong next. Lucid is picking the car up to take to a service center. This is the last time. If these problems continue after it comes back, we're going to be talking lemon law.
did you record it? I sent them a video recording of the climate control on pilot screen and main screen not showing the same info and they want to send a tech out to look at it. I personally think its a software issue.

I did have a goofy climate issue when I first picked up the car but seems to be resolved now. My driver side AC was working but not the passenger side. The passenger side only worked if someone was sitting in the seat (yes, the sync was ON). The car was taking for ever to cool down. I checked it in my garage. I turned it up all the way and I could feel it on my side and the passenger side was off. Walked over to the passenger side, I sat in the seat and then it turned on. Damn odd issue.. seemed to have resolved after I did the valet card reset.

That sucks. I’ve still never had that happen. I hope they get it fixed or replace it for you.

It's embarrassing for a car of this price point! Given how many issues you've had, Lucid should have replaced it long ago. I've had friends, family and work colleagues all laughing at how this expensive car has been in the shop coming up to a month. Even the Starbucks staff made a joke last week "did your fancy, expensive car get repo'd". :mad:

did you record it?

I had recorded it from an earlier occurrence and sent it to Customer Service. This is the third time it's happened.

It's embarrassing for a car of this price point!

Yes, it is. I've had friends from Chicago in it when the Pilot Screen froze. I've had local friends in it when the bass dropped out of the audio and the soundstage collapsed into the front speakers. I've been standing at the curb of a busy airport when the doors wouldn't open. Today it was extended family from Poland when the audio started screeching at them.

I now just reflexively start apologizing for the possibility of software issues with the car before anyone new to the car even gets into it.

The biggest favor I could do Lucid would be to let no one else into the car, because I'm pretty sure there's some snickering behind my back about how I got suckered into spending so much money on a car so plagued by bizarre behavior. Unlike me, they can't experience the thrill of actually driving the car. They see it more through its room, comfort, and software features . . . and the software is a hot mess that tends to wash all other impressions away.

did you record it? I sent them a video recording of the climate control on pilot screen and main screen not showing the same info and they want to send a tech out to look at it. I personally think its a software issue.

I did have a goofy climate issue when I first picked up the car but seems to be resolved now. My driver side AC was working but not the passenger side. The passenger side only worked if someone was sitting in the seat (yes, the sync was ON). The car was taking for ever to cool down. I checked it in my garage. I turned it up all the way and I could feel it on my side and the passenger side was off. Walked over to the passenger side, I sat in the seat and then it turned on. Damn odd issue.. seemed to have resolved after I did the valet card reset.
I think we need to determine just what happens or doesn't happen when this is set to "on."

20220821_190107.jpg

Back