Software Bugs

Bugs you have experienced

• Total voters
Yes I’ve noted the heated seats being turned on as well as the ventilated seats either turned on or lowered when I start a drive. I’ve also had the rear door screens come up a few times on their own. I’m thankful there is no ejection seat

I can't remember the setting but there is something in the menu where the car turns on the heated or cooled seats to help condition the interior. Maybe it's part of cooling?

I'll try to find it when I get back to my car tomorrow.

Yes I’ve noted the heated seats being turned on as well as the ventilated seats either turned on or lowered when I start a drive. I’ve also had the rear door screens come up a few times on their own. I’m thankful there is no ejection seat
Whatever you do, don't touch the red button! 😄 😄

Found it, you have to hit what looks like equalizer icon on the climate screen then this appears.
20220821_190107.jpg

Maybe there's a cabin and butt sensor?

Has happened to my car but only recently so must have been introduced in a resent update. I have had my AC just stop and I could not turn the fan back on unless I turned the AC button off then back on.

I called it in to customer support.
Yep, I've had this happen a couple times after one of the more recent releases.

I had a new one today. The AC stopped working for a couple of seconds and then came back on. It did this three times, each about a minute apart, and then everything was normal. Outside temperature high 80's with the AC cranked since we just back into the car after it was sitting outside.
This has been happening to me with fair regularity. Usually at least once or twice a day. I do not set my controls to automatically maintain a specific temperature so it isn't that it reaches the set temperature and shuts down.

Rather, I'll set the temperature and fan settings independently and it randomly completely shuts off all fans and AC for the entire car. It's amazing how quickly you feel the heat. It only lasts 3-4 seconds and comes right back on.

Slightly annoying but since it comes back so fast it isn't uncomfortable.

I don't remember this happening a month ago so I wonder if it's a side effect of an update.

This has been happening to me with fair regularity. Usually at least once or twice a day. I do not set my controls to automatically maintain a specific temperature so it isn't that it reaches the set temperature and shuts down.

Rather, I'll set the temperature and fan settings independently and it randomly completely shuts off all fans and AC for the entire car. It's amazing how quickly you feel the heat. It only lasts 3-4 seconds and comes right back on.

Slightly annoying but since it comes back so fast it isn't uncomfortable.

I don't remember this happening a month ago so I wonder if it's a side effect of an update.

I haven't received the 1.2.10 update yet, and I just had a new software problem.

I was driving along and suddenly the right side of the glass cockpit blacked out (which has happened many times). I drove on and then tried to change the drive mode and found the Pilot Panel had also frozen (again, something that has happened more times than I care to remember). I drove for a couple more miles, and then the A/C system shut down. It was 95 degrees on a sunny Florida day, and the cabin began turning into a furnace. When I realized the A/C was not coming back quickly, I let the windows down and drove until I reached a place I could park the car to reboot it.

The reboot didn't restore normal operation, and I had to drive the car home without A/C, often having to sit at long red lights in heavy traffic under that glass canopy. I was cooked by the time I got home. Of course, Homelink was out, too, so I had to get out of the car to open the garage door another way.

Thank goodness our afternoon thundershowers had not yet started while all this was going on. I have never had to fight so hard to continue to love a car that gives me every reason to detest it. One day the switch is going to flip, I will finally have had enough, and I'm going to dump this thing. Lucid has had almost a year to stabilize this software since they started deliveries. Yeah, software is hard, yada, yada, yada. But that's long enough.

I haven't received the 1.2.10 update yet, and I just had a new software problem.

I was driving along and suddenly the right side of the glass cockpit blacked out (which has happened many times). I drove on and then tried to change the drive mode and found the Pilot Panel had also frozen (again, something that has happened more times than I care to remember). I drove for a couple more miles, and then the A/C system shut down. It was 95 degrees on a sunny Florida day, and the cabin began turning into a furnace. When I realized the A/C was not coming back quickly, I let the windows down and drove until I reached a place I could park the car to reboot it.

The reboot didn't restore normal operation, and I had to drive the car home without A/C, often having to sit at long red lights in heavy traffic under that glass canopy. I was cooked by the time I got home. Of course, Homelink was out, too, so I had to get out of the car to open the garage door another way.

Thank goodness our afternoon thundershowers had not yet started while all this was going on. I have never had to fight so hard to continue to love a car that gives me every reason to detest it. One day the switch is going to flip, I will finally have had enough, and I'm going to dump this thing. Lucid has had almost a year to stabilize this software since they started deliveries. Yeah, software is hard, yada, yada, yada. But that's long enough.
This is the most unsettling testament to the software problems I have seen yet. Especially about AC in FL. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. I am about to receive my GT in the fall and I am beginning to be worried about the Software problems. After 10 months or so things should be all working as expected.

This is the most unsettling testament to the software problems I have seen yet. Especially about AC in FL. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. I am about to receive my GT in the fall and I am beginning to be worried about the Software problems. After 10 months or so things should be all working as expected.
They mostly are. I share the frustration abojr the software but given the speed with which it has improved and the way the car actually drives being impeccable, I’m still holding out for future improvements.

They mostly are. I share the frustration abojr the software but given the speed with which it has improved and the way the car actually drives being impeccable, I’m still holding out for future improvements.

To me there's a difference between a software feature being glitchy and not working as intended and an entire bucket of controls going offline mid-drive due to the whole platform freezing.

The former is something for which I still have patience. The latter makes the whole car damn near unusable and is something for which buyers of a $170K car should not need to show forbearance ten months after deliveries started.

As a stockholder, I open every new review of the car with a knot in my stomach that the car's software is going to pull some of the crap with the reviewer that the car has pulled and still pulls with me.

We have family from Poland visiting. Heading out to dinner tonight we took the Honda Odyssey. The four adults wouldn't fit comfortably in the Tesla, and I was afraid the Lucid wouldn't get us there and back.

I've spent the past two days waffling about whether to put down a deposit on a Sapphire. That issue is now to bed.

Last edited:
To me there's a difference between a software feature being glitchy and not working as intended and an entire bucket of controls going offline mid-drive due to the whole platform freezing.

The former is something for which I still have patience. The latter makes the whole car damn near unusable and is something for which buyers of a $170K car should not need to show forbearance ten months after deliveries started.
Agreed. I’ve only had the latter happen once or twice, and it just killed the audio and/or pilot screen, but the AC, car, etc was all usable.

So I guess all I’m saying is maybe I’ve been lucky so far, but overall the software works fine enough for me, minus the very obvious lag and occasional glitch. YMMV, as it seems
It has.

Agreed. I’ve only had the latter happen once or twice, and it just killed the audio and/or pilot screen, but the AC, car, etc was all usable.

So I guess all I’m saying is maybe I’ve been lucky so far, but overall the software works fine enough for me, minus the very obvious lag and occasional glitch. YMMV, as it seems
It has.
I think I’ve have been very lucky so far compare to the stories I read here…
But lately the latency on muted audio and pilot panel black out once, made me wonder if it’s 1.2.9 and after version did improved things at same time that damn plumbing foundation really need to rewrite to hold subsystems together with much lag.

On the software side, I've probably been luckier than most. Never had a panel black out on me after the initial stabilization patch.

As a stockholder, I open every new review of the car with a knot in my stomach that the car's software is going to pull some of the crap with the reviewer that the car has pulled and still pulls with me.

We have family from Poland visiting. Heading out to dinner tonight we took the Honda Odyssey. The four adults wouldn't fit comfortably in the Tesla, and I was afraid the Lucid wouldn't get us there and back.

I've spent the past two days waffling about whether to put down a deposit on a Sapphire. That issue is now to bed.
@hmp10, I have been reading about your constant string of problems right from the beginning and I'm annoyed just reading about it. Has Lucid looked into replacing components in your car because what you are seeing is way outside the norm? Many of us have the occasional glitch but nothing like what you are seeing. Have they looked at wiring harnesses? I had a very rare issue with my valet card reader that was narrowed down to a wiring harness connector that was not properly secured (very obvious to the mobile tech). The connector was making electrical contact with the body. Something like that can cause a whole host of weird issues.

@hmp10, I have been reading about your constant string of problems right from the beginning and I'm annoyed just reading about it. Has Lucid looked into replacing components in your car because what you are seeing is way outside the norm?

Several things have been done to the car. The main computer module was replaced early on. The computer cooling system was drained and recharged in case heat buildup was causing the screen problems. The wiring harnesses were inspected. I was told that Lucid even installed a program in my car at the instruction of the software team that would allow them to access my car's MCU remotely to diagnose what I was experiencing.

I have had very few problems that have not also been reported by other owners on this forum, although I must admit I have experienced a more complete collection of them than most others. In fact, the only problem I can recall having that I've seen no one else report are the occasional bursts of white noise from the right rear speaker. The other problems -- screen freezes and blackouts, doors not opening consistently, bass dropouts in the audio system, collapse of the soundstage, failures in the automatic opening of the trunk and frunk, Homelink hijinks, etc. -- have all shown up in posts by others.

However, now that I think of it, the screen blackouts and freezes have sometimes been preceded by other, less significant problems cropping up beforehand. For the past few days before today's wider software failure I noticed the charge port door was not opening when I pressed the button on the left side of the Glass Cockpit. In fact, several times I had pressed the button, watched it light up and then quickly go out, whereupon I would exit the car and find the port had not opened as it normally did. I could only open the port using the alternate method of pressing on its door.

I've also noticed a recent decline in service response. In the early days, when I would report anything, the service team was all over it almost immediately. The last few times I've called Customer Service, I've found their responses to be more in the vein of generic assurances that a reboot would make the problem go away. Knowing that this forum is being monitored by Lucid personnel to glean information on problems is one of the reasons I'm now posting in such detail here.

On the software side, I've probably been luckier than most. Never had a panel black out on me after the initial stabilization patch.

Several things have been done to the car. The main computer module was replaced early on. The computer cooling system was drained and recharged in case heat buildup was causing the screen problems. The wiring harnesses were inspected. I was told that Lucid even installed a program in my car at the instruction of the software team that would allow them to access my car's MCU remotely to diagnose what I was experiencing.

I have had very few problems that have not also been reported by other owners on this forum, although I must admit I have experienced a more complete collection of them than most others. In fact, the only problem I can recall having that I've seen no one else report are the occasional bursts of white noise from the right rear speaker. The other problems -- screen freezes and blackouts, doors not opening consistently, bass dropouts in the audio system, collapse of the soundstage, failures in the automatic opening of the trunk and frunk, Homelink hijinks, etc. -- have all shown up in posts by others.

However, now that I think of it, the screen blackouts and freezes have sometimes been preceded by other, less significant problems cropping up beforehand. For the past few days before today's wider software failure I noticed the charge port door was not opening when I pressed the button on the left side of the Glass Cockpit. In fact, several times I had pressed the button, watched it light up and then quickly go out, whereupon I would exit the car and find the port had not opened as it normally did. I could only open the port using the alternate method of pressing on its door.

I've also noticed a recent decline in service response. In the early days, when I would report anything, the service team was all over it almost immediately. The last few times I've called Customer Service, I've found their responses to be more in the vein of generic assurances that a reboot would make the problem go away. Knowing that this forum is being monitored by Lucid personnel to glean information on problems is one of the reasons I'm now posting in such detail here.

I'm deeply troubled you have been having these issues. I must say my build has not seen most of these, knock on/touch wood. I lost turn signal cameras once on drive from California but I had original software. Since update I performed in Topeka, KS. No issues like that. Most issues I have are related to implementation. Homelink, TIDAL. I've noticed A/C turns off if you take it out of auto, when car restarts. Seems 90% of issues with this car is they have not allocated enough non volatile memory to bring car back to exactly what it was doing before you exited the car.

Wow. So sorry for what you have experienced. It is reports like this that make me nervous considering taking my GT for long trips. I was planning on driving my daughter up to college later this week but knowing some of these issues now makes me think of taking our "reliable" ICE vehicle instead. I have had some screen drop outs recently as well and have noticed it always happens after trying to use TIDAL and then TIDAL freezes. Not sure if it is a coincidence. Certainly is annoying not to be able to use any functions on the right screen or pilot panel unless stopping to reset the car. If it weren't for the amazing driving experience, I am sure a lot of us would be unloading these cars. This is my daily driver and having these type of glitches is very concerning.

I'm deeply troubled you have been having these issues.

I have long suspected there is something going on with my car beyond just the software glitches in specific features.

If these problems continue after the big platform switchover from Android Auto that is reported to be coming later this year, I'll still be within the Florida Lemon Law window and will have to begin moving in that direction. This is NOT something I want to do. In terms of power and driving dynamics this is easily the best car I have ever owned. I love its interior design both in terms of space and visual appeal. There is no other EV on the market that I think comes close in terms of overall balance between performance, comfort, range, and style.

BUT I cannot keep driving a car that I don't have confidence will reliably operate if I take it on trips a good distance from home . . . and I am losing confidence in this particular car.

Last edited:
It is reports like this that make me nervous considering taking my GT for long trips. I was planning on driving my daughter up to college later this week but knowing some of these issues now makes me think of taking our "reliable" ICE vehicle instead. I have had some screen drop outs recently as well and have noticed it always happens after trying to use TIDAL and then TIDAL freezes. Not sure if it is a coincidence. Certainly is annoying not to be able to use any functions on the right screen or pilot panel unless stopping to reset the car. If it weren't for the amazing driving experience, I am sure a lot of us would be unloading these cars. This is my daily driver and having these type of glitches is very concerning.

So true. The thing is, even if I had to lemon law this car, I might consider replacing it with another Air. It was, after all, an early build (#154), and most problems others have reported in more recent cars seem to relate to glitches in certain features that seem amenable to OTA corrections. My car's problems seem to be more fundamental.

The issue to me, though silly as it may seem, is that I love the Santa Monica interior (which is no longer available) more than any color palette I have ever seen in a car. My car purchases have never risen or fallen over something like an interior's color, but this one has found a place in my heart that I can't explain. Maybe I'm just getting irrationally sentimental in my dotage.

So true. The thing is, even if I had to lemon law this car, I might consider replacing it with another Air. It was, after all, an early build (#154), and most problems others have reported in more recent cars seem to relate to glitches in certain features that seem amenable to OTA corrections. My car's problems seem to be more fundamental.

The issue to me, though silly as it may seem, is that I love the Santa Monica interior (which is no longer available) more than any color palette I have ever seen in a car. My car purchases have never risen or fallen over something like an interior's color, but this one has found a place in my heart that I can't explain. Maybe I'm just getting irrationally sentimental in my dotage.
This thought just occurred to me, but is it possible all these other issues stem from a loose wire from your radar installation which only happens intermittently? That installation was quite the tear down...

Back