It’s open but somehow stuck and I cannot pry it open but look at that gap

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 105
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 112
It’s open but somehow stuck and I cannot pry it open but look at that gap. If you can zoom you can see that the rubber thing on the trunk does not touch the rubber thing on the bottom and that is why the car thinks it is not closed

Attachments

• 8126156E-6E77-4FF0-A083-65061AB37279.jpeg
    8126156E-6E77-4FF0-A083-65061AB37279.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 95
It’s open but somehow stuck and I cannot pry it open but look at that gap. If you can zoom you can see that the rubber thing on the trunk does not touch the rubber thing on the bottom and that is why the car thinks it is not closed
Gosh, this is really diminishing the joy of a new car. Hope this is the last issue and Lucid can quickly fine tune everything for you.

Sure hope so or
Gosh, this is really diminishing the joy of a new car. Hope this is the last issue and Lucid can quickly fine tune everything for you.
I am calling those EV sales people to see if I can sell it for breakeven.

Maybe latch is not locked to render error message?

Wait, you can't pry it open so the latch is engaged. But the screen shows it open on 1 part but not the other. Must be a sensor issue of some sort. If the trunk is open, you can move it up and down with some force, not good for the hinges or motors attached, but that's how it was in the early days.

Wait, you can't pry it open so the latch is engaged. But the screen shows it open on 1 part but not the other. Must be a sensor issue of some sort. If the trunk is open, you can move it up and down with some force, not good for the hinges or motors attached, but that's how it was in the early days.
Correct i tried moving it manually which required some force so it started engaging when closed except only on one side. I think the latch lovked but something is wrong on the right side motor that the lid is not going down where the sensors will touch. I am not touching it so the tech will see it. I want them to fix it and escalate it to the head of QC if I need to. Once I stop being nice I can be really snarky. Also thank goodness for social media. Hopefully they will just take care of it And I can go back to enjoy some driving time.

Maybe latch is not locked to render error message?
Latch is definitely locked because the issue seems to only be on one side. The sensors touch on the other side. I ran my hands all around the turnk lid and the bottom in case something was stuck but there is nothing there. I noticed the issue the first time the DA tried to open the trumk. It only opened partially and then closed and opened it manually a couple of times and it worked fine bit the gpas on both sides were there. This one is a whole different issue.

Posting here for posterity:

Has anyone had this happen? This weekend, when the car hit 15% charge, the climate control suddenly stopped responding. It was 90F outside, so the car heated up fast. The touch panel controls for climate were dead for minutes. No fan, no A/C, nothing. After a while, we were able to get the fans and A/C to turn back on but the “auto” setting didn’t seem to work.

During this same leg of the drive, the lane change cameras stopped working during the drive itself then the backup cameras and forward cameras were unresponsive when parking.

Everything came back to normal after doing a reset.

In addition, the car stopped charging at an EA charger at the same time a thunderstorm and torrential rain hit. I don’t know if perhaps a power surge caused the charger or the Lucid to stop charging. But I had to unplug and reset the charger then plug it back in to get a new charging session going. That was just so much fun to do while it was pouring buckets.

Posting here for posterity:

Has anyone had this happen? This weekend, when the car hit 15% charge, the climate control suddenly stopped responding. It was 90F outside, so the car heated up fast. The touch panel controls for climate were dead for minutes. No fan, no A/C, nothing. After a while, we were able to get the fans and A/C to turn back on but the “auto” setting didn’t seem to work.

During this same leg of the drive, the lane change cameras stopped working during the drive itself then the backup cameras and forward cameras were unresponsive when parking.

Everything came back to normal after doing a reset.

In addition, the car stopped charging at an EA charger at the same time a thunderstorm and torrential rain hit. I don’t know if perhaps a power surge caused the charger or the Lucid to stop charging. But I had to unplug and reset the charger then plug it back in to get a new charging session going. That was just so much fun to do while it was pouring buckets.
The reset process must have been designed by monkey's! Did Lucid really think the system wasn't going to jam up or freak out during a drive? The hard reboot needs to changed so you can do it from INSIDE the car and while it's moving. I haven't experienced what you have but have had the music screen go black on many occasions with no way to get it working again without stopping the car and returning to it.

Again, for such seasoned auto management it's concerning to see stupid mistakes like this happen. Audi you hold the volume button down for 10 seconds, Tesla you use the steering wheel buttons but Lucid for some reason thought you should dance outside the car to perform a reset!

The reset process must have been designed by monkey's! Did Lucid really think the system wasn't going to jam up or freak out during a drive? The hard reboot needs to changed so you can do it from INSIDE the car and while it's moving. I haven't experienced what you have but have had the music screen go black on many occasions with no way to get it working again without stopping the car and returning to it.

Again, for such seasoned auto management it's concerning to see stupid mistakes like this happen. Audi you hold the volume button down for 10 seconds, Tesla you use the steering wheel buttons but Lucid for some reason thought you should dance outside the car to perform a reset!
I agree about inside the car. I completely disagree about while moving. I think that they didn't put the reset on the steering wheel buttons because when the car was first released the left button was non functional.

Maybe some stuff should be able to be reset while moving bit who the heck knows what else is being reset that affects driving. Anywhoooo the problems should really not be happening as often IF AT ALL.

Anyone use Waze? It is very annoying, once it transfers from Waze back to the car's music that the volume cranks up 2x-3x higher. At times, I have noticed that it loses the bass and other times, it loses all the speakers except the middle front one.. like listening to mono music.

Anyone use Waze? It is very annoying, once it transfers from Waze back to the car's music that the volume cranks up 2x-3x higher. At times, I have noticed that it loses the bass and other times, it loses all the speakers except the middle front one.. like listening to mono music.

This may not be caused by Waze. I only stream music over the Tidal, Amazon, and Spotify apps installed in the car, and I have periodically experienced both the loss of bass and the collapse of the soundstage. The system always returns to normal after a reboot, but it's a growing annoyance that I've been hoping for seven months that Lucid would address. Hope is fading.

This may not be caused by Waze. I only stream music over the Tidal, Amazon, and Spotify apps installed in the car, and I have periodically experienced both the loss of bass and the collapse of the soundstage. The system always returns to normal after a reboot, but it's a growing annoyance that I've been hoping for seven months that Lucid would address. Hope is fading.
I have that too... but happens over 90% of the time after Waze.

I don’t find software refinement thread. Is there such thread?

It was software bugs day for me today. Starting with the garage door opener either sending no signal, very delayed signal or multiple signals as my garage door was going crazy as I left my house. Then there was glitches in the turn signals not working properly. The music system kept coming and going and at some point even the screen reset on its own. I had turned off the lane departure setting last week (its way too sensitive for me at this point) and that had come back as well.

Cant wait for some type of update to alleviate some of these issues.

Back