Software Bugs

Bugs you have experienced

• Total voters
i wish they fix the bluetooth issues. my phone connects to Lucid but Lucid doesn't connect well (if that makes sense). can't output audio from my phone (tried @bunnylebowski 's suggestion but that didn't help). Data calls are wonky when it's connected. Someone called me on whatsapp and it showed my name as the caller (regular phone call shows correct name).

I have a weird experience when I'm driving by O'Hare airport. The screens on my car start rolling. It must be something with the airport radar

I have a weird experience when I'm driving by O'Hare airport. The screens on my car start rolling. It must be something with the airport radar
I’m so glad you mentioned this. I have what I think is a location specific error that occurs often when I drive under this one bridge that has some complex truck EZ Pass toll radar installed on it. When I go under the bridge the car says “traffic drive off alert disabled”, then the error screen blinks a few times, then it says “drive system error, contact customer service”. It’s happened to me 3 times in that same location, and is always fixed by a reboot. There must be some issue with incoming signals that causes an error. I’d initially assumed it wasn’t location related because it’s very close to my job and I’d thought it was some power up glitch that happens shortly after staring driving but now I’m thinking it’s the location triggering it. I’ll call Lucid on Monday, I’d reported the error to them before but if other people are getting location specific errors then maybe this could result in a software update to the sensor system.

I’m so glad you mentioned this. I have what I think is a location specific error that occurs often when I drive under this one bridge that has some complex truck EZ Pass toll radar installed on it. When I go under the bridge the car says “traffic drive off alert disabled”, then the error screen blinks a few times, then it says “drive system error, contact customer service”. It’s happened to me 3 times in that same location, and is always fixed by a reboot. There must be some issue with incoming signals that causes an error. I’d initially assumed it wasn’t location related because it’s very close to my job and I’d thought it was some power up glitch that happens shortly after staring driving but now I’m thinking it’s the location triggering it. I’ll call Lucid on Monday, I’d reported the error to them before but if other people are getting location specific errors then maybe this could result in a software update to the sensor system.
I get radar errors when parking next to a metal hanger at the airport. The engineering team knows about the error and are working on it. I understand there are just a few owners seeing this particular error but the engineering teams are still working on it. I suggest reporting all of this to customer care because as production ramps more owners will see these. They are not high priority bugs, Lucid does take them seriously and is trying to resolve them.

I had a really strange one this morning. Pulling out of my gym I asked Alexa to play billboard songs of 1982. Alexa said “ playing billboard songs of 1982, what would you like me to play next?” I replied “ billboard songs1982 now” but she wouldn’t play them just kept asking me every 10 seconds “what do you want to hear next” for the next ten minutes. It didn’t mater what screen or what service I tried to use for music.Alexa just kept asking. Finally on my second try to switch to am/fm she shut up and went to fm. This is after a glitch yesterday when my wife asked for Chinese music and for the second request froze Alexa and the right hand screens till we stopped and exerted the vehicle. I hope this will improve with updates because the stereo system is very buggy

I had a really strange one this morning. Pulling out of my gym I asked Alexa to play billboard songs of 1982. Alexa said “ playing billboard songs of 1982, what would you like me to play next?” I replied “ billboard songs1982 now” but she wouldn’t play them just kept asking me every 10 seconds “what do you want to hear next” for the next ten minutes. It didn’t mater what screen or what service I tried to use for music.Alexa just kept asking. Finally on my second try to switch to am/fm she shut up and went to fm. This is after a glitch yesterday when my wife asked for Chinese music and for the second request froze Alexa and the right hand screens till we stopped and exerted the vehicle. I hope this will improve with updates because the stereo system is very buggy
I think @Dortreo has had similar right handed screen failure when asking Alexa to do music things while navigating.

I think @Dortreo has had similar right handed screen failure when asking Alexa to do music things while navigating.
That happened to me as well. My right screen and pilot screen went blank after I gave Alexa a command to play something. It came back on after I parked the car and walked away. Atleast the AC worked when the screens blanked out.

That happened to me as well. My right screen and pilot screen went blank after I gave Alexa a command to play something. It came back on after I parked the car and walked away. Atleast the AC worked when the screens blanked out.

Alexa is a vindictive sort. Ask her something she doesn’t know, then she feels embarrassed, and then she borks the screens. I’ve taken to only asking for things one time and always say “Please.”

Alexa is a vindictive sort. Ask her something she doesn’t know, then she feels embarrassed, and then she borks the screens. I’ve taken to only asking for things one time and always say “Please.”
Does saying please really work? My wife asked Alexa to play a song on Tidal this morning and Alexa borked the screens for no reason.

I’ve said to the devices in the house when Alexa just starts talking for no reason “Alexa, shut up you stupid b**ch” and get something along the lines of “if you’re unhappy with your Amazon product please connect customer service” 😂

I had a new one today. The AC stopped working for a couple of seconds and then came back on. It did this three times, each about a minute apart, and then everything was normal. Outside temperature high 80's with the AC cranked since we just back into the car after it was sitting outside.

I had a new one today. The AC stopped working for a couple of seconds and then came back on. It did this three times, each about a minute apart, and then everything was normal. Outside temperature high 80's with the AC cranked since we just back into the car after it was sitting outside.
Has happened to my car but only recently so must have been introduced in a resent update. I have had my AC just stop and I could not turn the fan back on unless I turned the AC button off then back on.

I called it in to customer support.

That has happened to me a number of times. It would stay off for 3-5 seconds then comeback on. I just chalked it up to a ghost in the machine

Has happened to my car but only recently so must have been introduced in a resent update. I have had my AC just stop and I could not turn the fan back on unless I turned the AC button off then back on.

I called it in to customer support.
Yeah this happens to me about once every couple of weeks, where I’ll be driving and the AC just turns itself off completely and I have to manually turn it back on. It also randomly shuts off the back seat AC, which is not ok when you have a kid back there. And more frequently the AC will do the 5-10 second pause that @Adnillien and @CraZ8 are mentioning. I’ve also noticed it likes to randomly turn on heated seats in the back, and randomly shut off my ventilated seat while driving.

What's funny is I've had AC turn off when I play Dolby Atmos track. Would have thought it was a coincidence until it happened more than once.

What's funny is I've had AC turn off when I play Dolby Atmos track. Would have thought it was a coincidence until it happened more than once.
Hmm... Could you have been listening one of the following?

Yeah this happens to me about once every couple of weeks, where I’ll be driving and the AC just turns itself off completely and I have to manually turn it back on. It also randomly shuts off the back seat AC, which is not ok when you have a kid back there. And more frequently the AC will do the 5-10 second pause that @Adnillien and @CraZ8 are mentioning. I’ve also noticed it likes to randomly turn on heated seats in the back, and randomly shut off my ventilated seat while driving.
Yes I’ve noted the heated seats being turned on as well as the ventilated seats either turned on or lowered when I start a drive. I’ve also had the rear door screens come up a few times on their own. I’m thankful there is no ejection seat

Back