Software Bugs

Bugs you have experienced

• Total voters
New software bug for me today. I was driving listening to Spotify when all of a sudden Tune in was playing CNBC simultaneously over Spotify. I took video and sent to customer care. 😳

Question when you listen to Spotify does it list albums/playlists on the Home screen? Right now I get Tidal at the bottom. Curious if anyone is using both or even multiple and want to see how car figures out which to display. Even if I have used Bluetooth last its not on the bottom of Home screen

Question when you listen to Spotify does it list albums/playlists on the Home screen? Right now I get Tidal at the bottom. Curious if anyone is using both or even multiple and want to see how car figures out which to display. Even if I have used Bluetooth last its not on the bottom of Home screen
Usually I will see albums and songs on screen when playing Spotify. I tried to post video here but obviously I’m doing something wrong, since my phone is only allowing me to post pictures not videos 🤪

Reading this thread scares the hell out of me. As far as recurring problems I’ve just had the radio freeze and take out the pilot screen and the right side of the glass cockpit. I had 3 months with tidal but used if for a maybe a week as it keeps not recognizing my phone and needs a reboot with a code from tidal. I’ve also had AC cut out but for just 8 seconds. When the pilot panel freezes my ac still responds to the manual buttons thankfully. I really hope Lucid hires a bunch more crack software techs as if these behaviors become endemic it will tarnish the brand for a long time.maybe Peter can use some of his 500 million to do this. There is no do over on first impressions

We just experienced this one late last week.

That makes you the third owner on this forum to experience this (Drendino and I being the others). Thanks for posting, as it might help Lucid figure out the problem. Heretofore, they've said mine is the only car that has had this problem.

We just experienced this one late last week.

Forgot to ask:

Were your symptoms the same? White noise at very high volume? Unresponsive to volume control? Emanating seemingly from right C-pillar speaker? Did not stop until car rebooted?

Forgot to ask:

Were your symptoms the same? White noise at very high volume? Unresponsive to volume control? Emanating seemingly from right C-pillar speaker? Did not stop until car rebooted?

For what its worth I have gotten this from my Chord TT2 DAC once or twice.. This appears to be an issue with a DAC and decoding error. Anyone know if they are using the ESS chip or a FPGA?

Forgot to ask:

My wife called in screeching, but it was a harsch white noise, and yes from the right C-pillar speaker. We were able to squelch it using the dash volume control and it cleared upon restart.

This appears to be an issue with a DAC and decoding error. Anyone know if they are using the ESS chip or a FPGA?
I rarely see anyone use the acronym FPGA, designing ASICs and FPGAs for airborne radar and then satellite payloads was my business for over 33 years.

My wife called in screeching, but it was a harsch white noise, and yes from the right C-pillar speaker. We were able to squelch it using the dash volume control and it cleared upon restart.

Same symptoms as my three events, except that neither the steering wheel nor dash volume controls lowered the level.

I haven't had this issue, does it occur when music is playing, just loud white noise when nothing is playing, or inconsistent?

This sounds like it could be really dangerous if it happens when you're driving at high speeds and caught off guard/stuck being unable to turn off/leave the car...

I haven't had this issue, does it occur when music is playing, just loud white noise when nothing is playing, or inconsistent?

In all three of my incidents, the noise started upon powering up the car. In the first two incidents, the white noise bursts lasted a few seconds and recurred at 15-20-second intervals. In the incident earlier this week, the noise was constant until the car booted down after we exited it.

This sounds like it could be really dangerous if it happens when you're driving at high speeds and caught off guard/stuck being unable to turn off/leave the car...

Believe me, you'd find a way to get off the road quickly and out of the car. This noise is excruciatingly load. I'm surprised it hasn't damaged the speaker(s) . . . or maybe it has?

You must not have been married as long as me. I don’t even hear it anymore
After 31 years my filter has tuned out squaking but I guess screeching is still getting through. OMG love the Budweiser ad, right on point.

So it is indeed battery issue. I have to change battery 3rd time since delivery. And even when fob battery is dead, mine won’t work putting against B pillar to unlock, I had to use valet key. At this rate, I will only have to go thru 8 batteries per year. 🧐

Now unlock door is back to normal. I wonder why these fobs drain battery so fast even when I store them in faraday pouches.View attachment 4223
I store mine in one as well but I thought they drain in a week so think 26/52 🤪. I never use my Fob and it still drains but I have not checked. All the techs carry batteries. Maybe we need to put in a ticket for it and see if the can address it.

I store mine in one as well but I thought they drain in a week so think 26/52 🤪. I never use my Fob and it still drains but I have not checked. All the techs carry batteries. Maybe we need to put in a ticket for it and see if the can address it.

I'm actually going to go take the battery out of my second fob now and leave the two together since its not in use.

Today, I was pulling out of my garage, and the park function went out which caused the radio to stop functioning, the right pilot screen and main screen then locked up. It showed the camera and top view locked up.... I continued my drive as I dont have time to pull over and reset the car every time there is an issue. Luckily, the system rebooted up on its own.

I do have a question / bug.. not sure anyone else has had this issue.. it has happened to be 3x with the last one being last night. Does the car have auto-high beams? I have noticed the high beams come on by themselves but not when it is needed but when there is car right in front of me.

Back