Setup Actions / Delivery Checklist

If you do a full PPF wrap on the car, the wrap place will remove the badging on the trunk to wrap it. A spare badge is in case they can't put the original back on.
They give you the badge for free? This is the badge?
Screen-Shot-2022-03-25-at-12-21-40-PM.png

@Bbq9 Did you wake up all smiles today? I am looking forward to hearing how it goes. And also how LONG it takes.

I paid for the "spare" badge. It think it was less than $100.

Badge + tax is ~$109. No labor if they don’t put it on for you.

And you’ll need one. Once they’re off, they’re extremely hard to put back on.

@Bbq9 Did you wake up all smiles today? I am looking forward to hearing how it goes. And also how LONG it takes.

I wish we could have picked up at the same time. Our own mini launch event !!

I am sure I was one of their longer handovers, but nothing was rushed. Although @hydbob suggested setting up Alexa in advance I ran out of time, but they patiently waited while I did things Like that.

Have they given you a date yet??
I tried to see yours but the only names visible were those of the technician

Ask for a new one. I did!
We were less than impressed with our DA on our first call. We took this advice and requested another one. While an unresponsive DA obviously doesn’t diminish the actual vehicle, it does the buying process and can make one question the price point given poor customer service. I wonder if it would be good to call out who the good DAs are.

Not sure I would want to do that as some DA’s may just have a bad day or get particularly busy on any given day. My measure would be over the longer term and I can honestly say, my DA is very slow to respond, but my communication is via email. He takes consistently 3-4 days to respond, but appears to try and respond with what he knows and not with what I want to hear. I can appreciate that. My first advisor got promoted and now runs the DA group (I think) and I still have his contact information should I need to escalate. I just wish my relationship with my DA was not so drawn out and could have been a shorter duration, but I ordered a color they have yet to roll out yet. Your experience, having just ordered, should be much better. At least I hope so.

I am beginning to think more like Lucid though and write off the pre-delivery communication and concentrate on the post-delivery response/service, which appears to be excellent. I get the car when I get the car, doesn’t make me any less unhappy though to watch many who ordered and confirmed after many of us get to the front of the line.

Anyway, do what is best for you given your wants/experience. Different people like a different DA style.

C’est la vie!

Given what I’ve read here, when I first talked to my DA, I requested getting updates every 2 weeks, even if there was nothing new to report. I told him that the update could just be an email that says, “nothing new to report”. He agreed and thought that was reasonable. He put it on his calendar and told me the date of my next update.

I wish we could have picked up at the same time. Our own mini launch event !!

I am sure I was one of their longer handovers, but nothing was rushed. Although @hydbob suggested setting up Alexa in advance I ran out of time, but they patiently waited while I did things Like that.

Have they given you a date yet??
I tried to see yours but the only names visible were those of the technician
That would have been fun! And it would save them a bit of work to double up, no?

My daughter wants to come with me when I get mine, but she'll start getting annoyed if it takes too long, so we'll see. Thanks for the details you have given. They will be helpful.

No date yet. I did get an email from my SA who has been keeping me updated all along and he had requested of Millbrae that he do the delivery, so we'll see if that speeds things up at all.

That would have been fun! And it would save them a bit of work to double up, no?

My daughter wants to come with me when I get mine, but she'll start getting annoyed if it takes too long, so we'll see. Thanks for the details you have given. They will be helpful.

No date yet. I did get an email from my SA who has been keeping me updated all along and he had requested of Millbrae that he do the delivery, so we'll see if that speeds things up at all.
They wouldn't double up, because that's not a premium experience. Plus everyone should get their own person to do a walkthrough.

I completely understand different people have different styles and that aftercare is critical. I was just wanting a response to a question if he needed anything else from us to move forward. I’m very patient and we are in no rush to get this car, but that’s pretty basic customer service. I did escalate to someone senior.

They wouldn't double up, because that's not a premium experience. Plus everyone should get their own person to do a walkthrough.
I was joking - a few of us here in the Bay Area are waiting for our turn to pick up our cars, which are all at the service center (and wondering who is next).

Last edited:
Badge + tax is ~$109. No labor if they don’t put it on for you.
Yes, I forget to mention that Lucid put the badge back on. They had left it in the glovebox for the PPF installer, but the installer forgot it.

I assumed when they did the first 20 ( that I recall you were part of) that is was School Classroom style.

with low desks and a chalk board at the front ;)

I assumed when they did the first 20 ( that I recall you were part of) that is was School Classroom style.

with low desks and a chalk board at the front ;)
I was not part of that first 12-20, but I was the first delivery for Beverly Hills.

@Pete44 triggered a couple Of things I’d add…
- get them to confirm your front windshield has the “open” corner for fastrak transponder etc. it seems v hard to confirm visually when the Temporary license is stuck on the windshield in the exact spot
- (for my car) check the doors don’t interfere with each other when opening. The gaps looked great, but my passenger rear door hit the front door when it was opened.
- get them to walk through the reboot & mechanical door opening (though I guess it has been talked about here). A few here in the Bay Area have had doors say they are open etc when they weren’t. This has required reboto and using the mechanical door opener

I reworked your final version @SaratogaLefty
particularly as I am a new to EV owner.

really it was just formatting
Lucid Dream Delivery Checklist
How-to
  • Set up garage opener / Homelink
  • Set up Alexa voice command
  • Navigation Set Up - Set Upper Nav Screen to 3D and lower to 2D
  • Setting up Profiles for Key Fob and Mobile Key
  • Mobile Key setup on Lucid App
    • Key Card vs Key Fob vs Mobile App (Iphone) for Locking/Unlocking (all on person)
    • What does Valet need -Key fob or Key card?
  • Facial Recognition Profile Setup
  • Instructions for Hard and Soft Resets
  • Reboot sequences: power the car down and back up to check screen loading because some cars are in service for a couple days to replace a faulty module
  • Setting Up Lucid App and proper charging procedure with EA (EA Account Setup)
  • Siri Shortcuts on Lucid App
  • Bluetooth operation for Apple Music and books on tape (not “Audible” app)
Quality check
  • Check Surround View for Parking Assistance
  • Check Both Front Seats Heat and Cool Ventilation
  • Check Seatbelt Retraction and Height Adjustment - All Seats
  • Check Air Vents Adjustability
  • Check Windshield Wipers - Proper Seating and Operation
  • Trunk rubber gaskets
  • Trunk alignment and clearance at bottom – Sharp Edges? Marks?
  • Rear door seals
  • Open/Close “Frunk” multiple times to ensure smooth operation using Fob and from inside the car
  • Adjust the Side Bolsters all the way in and all the way out to see if any “popping” noise
  • Massage Seats – Try the Deep Setting on Level 1, 2, and 3 to see if any difference?
  • Make sure all door handles respond to pushing/pulling
  • Approaching with paired mobile key causes vehicle to unlock (various angles).
  • Unlock vehicle with non-paired key and make sure it recognizes main driver's face
  • Window shades operation fully functional
  • License Plate attachment – proper screws and tightness
  • Quality of Glass and Carpets? Scratches on paint or glass?
  • How to Remove and Replace Aero Covers on Wheels? (Dream Edition only)
Walk (drive) through
  • Full Test Drive with Rep before leaving Center – Use Alexa And Navigation To Find Nearby EA Charging Station and “Top Off” – Any unusual fan squeal noise?
  • Order bike rack / V2Hh Home Charger Unit?
  • Apple CarPlay status?
  • Spare badge in case of wrapping
Can't thank you both enough for putting this list together! Unfortunately, I won't need it for a few months but I will definitely put it to good use.

Thanks for the list, mine was supposed to be delivered to my house last night but they had trouble scheduling a driver/delivery vehicle. Now I’m glad it didn’t come because I didn’t see your list until today.

Will print and have ready for delivery.

When I got my MS long range plus during Covid two years ago, it was a contactless pickup. Just walk to car, key was inside, drive away.

Other questions that forum members may know the answers to:
  • Did they ever fix the issues with HomeLink and profiles (you need to set up HomeLink on every profile, and there's a max of 3 across all profiles)?
For future readers, the max now is apparently 15 across all profiles. You still need to set up every device on every profile you need to use it with. Sorry if this was already reported elsewhere. I did confirm I could set up both of my garage doors on both of my profiles (for a total of 4 entries). This is on v1.2.1.

Back