Setup Actions / Delivery Checklist

I am a grand touring owner in Oregon. Is there a group or app where owners share experiences or advice?

I am a grand touring owner in Oregon. Is there a group or app where owners share experiences or advice?
Pretty sure unless you are in the Bay Area telegram, that is the only group I think that has enough owners to split off. Soon to be the AZ group too. This forum is going to be your best resource for questions

Updating my list to incorporate some of the recommendations received thus far:

Instructions for Setting Up Homelink

Set Upper Nav Screen to 3D and lower to 2D

Trunk rubber gasket

Trunk alignment and clearance at bottom

Open/Close “Frunk” multiple times to ensure smooth operation using Fob and also from inside the car.

Key Card vs Key Fob vs Mobile App (Iphone) for Locking/Unlocking (all on person)

Window shades operation fully functional

Navigation Setup

Instructions for Hard and Soft Resets

License Plate attachment – proper screws and tightness

Leaving Car with Shop for PPF and Ceramic Coating – What do they need -Key fob or Key card and Pros and Cons of each

Siri Shortcuts on Lucid App

Setting up Profiles for Key Fob and Mobile Key

Mobile Key setup on Lucid App

Facial Recognition Profile Setup

Bluetooth operation for Apple Music and books on tape (not “Audible” app)

Remove Santa Monica floor mats and replace with temporary Motor Trend rubber mats (Model 923)

When will Apple CarPlay be available?

Full Test Drive with Rep before leaving Center
looks like a good list. I took delivery last week. Our Lucid rep was quite good, but the delivery service was less than a stellar experience. The guy literally made his own circular driveway across my lawn. Keep in mind I live on 80 acres, so it was totally unnecessary.

.Homelink set up quite easily, but yes had to set it up for both drivers. I do have a shade in the back passenger side that sticks. Will be asking about that in coming days. For most of the other items on your list, including the homelink, I found that the owners manual was user friendly and was able to accomplish on my own. I would not characterize myself as tech saavy so it must be easy!

Don't know of a group, but I do know one other owner and myself who live in Oregon

Might be more appropriate to say that there are some DAs who communicate with nothing really meaningful to say and there are some that don't communicate because they have nothing meaningful to say.
FYI,
In my last conversation on the phone with my DA he told me he preferred to have a phone call, made through their phone call scheduling system, with me vs. email. With the schedule phone call, you will get the time to discuss issues (only 15 min). With email you will get a response when he gets to the flood of emails he gets. In fact, in the 15 min. call I had he was sent 7 emails! So, email is not likely to get a timely response. Just schedule a call and get your 15 min.

Quick question about the delivery checklist. I will be taking delivery at my home, not at a Service Center. Who do I send the checklist to in advance to make sure they check certain items before leaving the Service Center and do not wait until they get to my house, 600+ miles away? I would like to do whatever I can to lessen the chance that the car needs to be taken back to that Service Center and I am quite sure Lucid would like to avoid that as well.

Quick question about the delivery checklist. I will be taking delivery at my home, not at a Service Center. Who do I send the checklist to in advance to make sure they check certain items before leaving the Service Center and do not wait until they get to my house, 600+ miles away? I would like to do whatever I can to lessen the chance that the car needs to be taken back to that Service Center and I am quite sure Lucid would like to avoid that as well.
I originally sent mine to the two lead techs (Chris and Ron) at the Millbrae Center as well as my DA and the person initially identified as my Delivery Host. Your DA should be able to find out who is expected to be your Delivery Host (the person coming to your home). In any case, most likely by this time they've all seen the list.

Do you have a delivery date? Sorry if I missed that - super excited for you!

In my conversation with my DA yesterday he told me the Delivery Host was not as connected to the PDI as the Service Center inspector (not sure what to call them), and their role (the DH) was to orient you to the car, not track whether fit and finish issues were checked. He was pretty adamant that the PDI was thorough, however, given what we've heard about on this forum, clearly things are slipping through the cracks. I think it will take some digging to find out if you can send your request to the person inspecting your car before delivery. As you say, it's in their interest, too. Are there any owners on this board who've received their cars already that came out of your Service Center? Might be a place to start...all for an expensive car. Oh well, nothing is as we think it should be - I've learned you gotta be your own doctor, too, haha!

No delivery date yet, just like to plan ahead. You know the old saying, "A failure to plan is a plan to fail".

I pick up in about 15 hours. This list is great! What apps should I download beforehand? Obviously Lucid, EA, PlugShare, ABRP. What about music? I’m not familiar with Tidal, a little with Spotify. Do I need both or too much overlap/ redundancy? Should I bother with apple CarPlay yet? ( I’ve used Sirus all these years so I guess that’s out the window. )Will Lucid let you run Waze or do you have to just run that concurrently with your phone to figure out where the popo are? Thanks in advance guys and gals

I pick up in about 15 hours. This list is great! What apps should I download beforehand? Obviously Lucid, EA, PlugShare, ABRP. What about music? I’m not familiar with Tidal, a little with Spotify. Do I need both or too much overlap/ redundancy? Should I bother with apple CarPlay yet? ( I’ve used Sirus all these years so I guess that’s out the window. )Will Lucid let you run Waze or do you have to just run that concurrently with your phone to figure out where the popo are? Thanks in advance guys and gals
You do not need the EA app.
Music - Spotify is good, Tidal is great if you are playing through Alexa.
Make sure you setup your Alexa account ahead of time so you can login and test the voice commands.
CarPlay doesn't exist yet
Need to run Waze on your phone if you want to find cops

You do not need the EA app.
Music - Spotify is good, Tidal is great if you are playing through Alexa.
Make sure you setup your Alexa account ahead of time so you can login and test the voice commands.
CarPlay doesn't exist yet
Need to run Waze on your phone if you want to find cops
While you don't need the EA app, I found it helpful in telling me how many spots at a given charge station were occupied. This may also be on some other apps, but I haven't downloaded any others yet.

While you don't need the EA app, I found it helpful in telling me how many spots at a given charge station were occupied. This may also be on some other apps, but I haven't downloaded any others yet.
You can get the same info in the Lucid app on the map, just click the charging button and click the location of EA you want to query.

Screenshot_20220504-062424_Lucid.jpg

I would download the app for that reason ^^^
i have have PlugShare, ChargePoint, EVgo, Volta apps that I have used for our Leaf for similar reasons. With PlugShare you can see everything and get a sense for functioning and general availability through the checkin ratings

You can get the same info in the Lucid app on the map, just click the charging button and click the location of EA you want to query.

View attachment 1970
I find the EA app useful as the notes often list where to find the actual chargers (i.e. 3rd floor of Garage C, etc.)

View attachment 1970
Is that new? Specific for EA? I can say it is/ was difficult to pick out EA chargers when there are a lot of other options. Same thing with the nav. So another thing with the EA app is that it only shows EA charger. Still would love that filter on the nav.

Is that new? Specific for EA? I can say it is/ was difficult to pick out EA chargers when there are a lot of other options. Same thing with the nav. So another thing with the EA app is that it only shows EA charger. Still would love that filter on the nav.
I don't think so? It's weird but it only works on the phone app, which is supremely stupid and not in the in car nav.

Here is the final final version. Picking up my car tomorrow morning.

Lucid Dream Delivery Checklist
- Homelink Instructions
- Alexa voice command training needed?
- Navigation Set Up - Set Upper Nav Screen to 3D and lower to 2D
- Check Surround View for Parking Assistance
- Check Both Front Seats Heat and Cool Ventilation
- Check Seatbelt Retraction and Height Adjustment - All Seats
- Check Air Vents Adjustability
- Check Windshield Wipers - Proper Seating and Operation
- Trunk rubber gaskets
- Trunk alignment and clearance at bottom – Sharp Edges? Marks?
- Rear door seals
- Open/Close “Frunk” multiple times to ensure smooth operation using Fob and from inside the car
- Adjust the Side Bolsters all the way in and all the way out to see if any “popping” noise
- Massage Seats – Try the Deep Setting on Level 1, 2, and 3 to see if any difference?
- Setting up Profiles for Key Fob and Mobile Key
- Mobile Key setup on Lucid App
- Facial Recognition Profile Setup
- Key Card vs Key Fob vs Mobile App (Iphone) for Locking/Unlocking (all on person)
- Make sure all door handles respond to pushing/pulling
- Approaching with paired mobile key causes vehicle to unlock (various angles).
- Unlock vehicle with non-paired key and make sure it recognizes main driver's face
- Window shades operation fully functional
- Instructions for Hard and Soft Resets
- Reboot sequences: power the car down and back up to check screen loading because some cars are in service for a couple days to replace a faulty module
- License Plate attachment – proper screws and tightness
- PPF and Ceramic Coating – What does Detail Shop need -Key fob or Key card?
- Setting Up Lucid App and proper charging procedure with EA (EA Account Setup)
- Siri Shortcuts on Lucid App
- Bluetooth operation for Apple Music and books on tape (not “Audible” app)
- Quality of Glass and Carpets? Scratches on paint or glass?
- How to Remove and Replace Aero Covers on Wheels?
- Full Test Drive with Rep before leaving Center – Use Alexa And Navigation To Find Nearby EA Charging Station and “Top Off” – Any unusual fan squeal noise?
- Order Lucid Home Charger Unit
- Owner’s Manual Hard Copy?
- When will Apple CarPlay be available?
So now that you've had the car for a bit, and have seen some other issues posted, what else would you add/update on your Delivery Checklist?

I'm guessing some of these may be N/A now, but any new owners want to chime in? When you did your walk around / orientation did any of the "fit / finish" items get put on the "due list" that Lucid uses on delivery? Also curious how some are using Siri / Alexa to reduce the need to push buttons...

Back