Release Version Megathread

Correct me if I’m wrong but Lucid hasn’t pushed out an update in 4+ weeks now, right? I wonder if the next one is going to be big or they have deprioritized software updates (i hope not).

It would be crazy for them to not be working on updates 24/7. It is by far the largest complaint about the car and discussed/joked about all over the Internet.

Correct me if I’m wrong but Lucid hasn’t pushed out an update in 4+ weeks now, right? I wonder if the next one is going to be big or they have deprioritized software updates (i hope not).
I’d expect it to be massive at this rate

Maybe the latest update is stable enough with less complaints from customers that they can focus on bigger updates with a slower release.

Weekly updates shouldn’t be the norm, lol!

Small iterative updates are better than large slower updates in my opinion.
Yes, a monthly update could cover that and then one major update once every 6 to 12 months. Releasing updates weekly shows shoddy development with tons of bugs that need addressing quickly.

I would disagree with that simply because a lot of companies push out an update after their sprint closes which is usually 2 weeks long. It’s very evident in the mobile app space but harder to see in web apps.

Car software is a different beast and i don’t know anything about it. maybe it takes too much time to release an update so they batch them together to make a big one who knows. 🤷‍♂️
Releasing updates weekly shows shoddy development with tons of bugs that need addressing quickly.

Developing code that can read highway and street markings just right 99.99 % of the time while the car is moving at high speed is not easy.
Unlocking the car when a keyfob is nearby is not re-inventing the wheel. I suspect companies like Siemens will provide the modules, the code, and everything in between to manufacturers so all they have to do is install, plug, and go.

Developing code that can read highway and street markings just right 99.99 % of the time while the car is moving at high speed is not easy...
I think that might be Nvidia's contribution, with Lucid only responsible for integration.

Developing code that can read highway and street markings just right 99.99 % of the time while the car is moving at high speed is not easy.
Unlocking the car when a keyfob is nearby is not re-inventing the wheel. I suspect companies like Siemens will provide the modules, the code, and everything in between to manufacturers so all they have to do is install, plug, and go.
Integration is dramatically more complex than that. Every vendor is different, every vendor requires fun “customizations” to make things work.

It is nowhere near that straightforward. That said, this should have been done before launch. It’s clear that they valued the hardware more than the software and started significant software work much later than they should have.

I’m starting to get antsy with how long it has been since the last update. I’d expect much faster iterative updates given the state of the software. Similar to my first few months with the car. It’s now been 6 weeks (43 days) since the last update hit my car, and the update was already a few weeks old by the time it hit. So it’s been roughly two months without an update (rounded up)

I wish I could turn off the irritating Nav voice, give me a Sirius app, and let me pin audio apps to the pilot panel.

A monthly update would be nice. I wasn't here for 1.0->1.1.9. Can someone add dates for those releases so we can see prior velocity?

KmropgpN.jpgFoQfM6Xj.jpgVQqUC5kh.jpg

I figured they would add fob trunk functionality eventually.

I figured they would add fob trunk functionality eventually.
That was the same way of doing it I suggested as well. Must have been on the same wavelength with someone…

That was the same way of doing it I suggested as well. Must have been on the same wavelength with someone…
Maybe you can predict the future? Give me the lotto numbers!

Back