Release Version Megathread

Just had a great chat with lucid hardware and software engineers this morning. They have big things coming down the pipeline including drastic improvements to infotainment performance. Boot up time will drop to 10 seconds with some features instantly on. They are in the middle of a big architectural change so it’s taking a bit. Exciting stuff!
An architectural change is pretty major especially with software already in use! Hope it goes well, transition takes place, and successful follow on updates occur well before I get my AGT.

Highway Assist is out. Not sure the version number.

1651413282463.png

via @experiment458

Okay, so what specifically does this add to the driving experience?
In addition to cruise control and distance keeping, it will lane center (keep), read highway signs (I think), and a few minor monitoring additions (like blind spot and cross traffic eventually).

It also implements stop and go traffic (Traffic Jam assist).

In addition to cruise control and distance keeping, it will lane center (keep), read highway signs (I think), and a few minor monitoring additions (like blind spot and cross traffic eventually).

That will be massive for my 1300 mile drive. How confident are you that this is going out to all owners?

That all sounds nice to have but I’d rather get Apple CarPlay now and that stuff later.

We already have cross traffic

That will be massive for my 1300 mile drive. How confident are you that this is going out to all owners?

I am not confident on the rollout/schedule. It seems like they roll out in % to customers. ZooKeeper style.

That all sounds nice to have but I’d rather get Apple CarPlay now and that stuff later.
It will definitely be a different team. Highway Assist should be a team focused around ML (machine learning).

CarPlay would be a team more focused on integrations. It also requires a lot of work with legal department.

Also, FWIW I 100% disagree with you and would prefer highway assist to CarPlay. My guess is the user base would be split between these.

It will definitely be a different team. Highway Assist should be a team focused around ML (machine learning).

CarPlay would be a team more focused on integrations. It also requires a lot of work with legal department.

Also, FWIW I 100% disagree with you and would prefer highway assist to CarPlay. My guess is the user base would be split between these.
Priorities for me:

1. Android Auto, or fix the bad internal NAV system
  2. Fix Alexa so she works for more than 5 minutes
  3. Fix HomeLink so it doesn't take 4-6 screens presses to open/close the garage doors
  4. Speed up all of the software
  5. Now, add the driver assist functions that Ford, GM and Mercedes already have

We're getting off topic but the Highway Assist team would be ADAS/AD, Perception & Algorithm and the CarPlay team would be Infotainment team. Two different software teams, two different priorities.

Does anyone have a version greater than 1.2.1?

Priorities for me:

1. Android Auto, or fix the bad internal NAV system
  2. Fix Alexa so she works for more than 5 minutes
  3. Fix HomeLink so it doesn't take 4-6 screens presses to open/close the garage doors
  4. Speed up all of the software
  5. Now, add the driver assist functions that Ford, GM and Mercedes already have
^ my priority list exactly

I would love to have highway assist. No one on the forum has this update yet or can confirm what version number it is?

Back