Release Version Megathread

True, but now with 4 different functions on 1 button, what's the over/under on threads created about the fob not working or it being overly complicated? I'm going to say 2 per week

Well, I think they might have designed it differently from the start if they actually performed any consumer research, but hey, gotta work with what you have out there and maybe change it going forward at some point. Having people doing Morse code on their FOB ain't exactly ideal.

So what exactly are the four functions and how many times do you press it for each?

Last edited:
Well, I think they might have designed it differently from the start if they actually did any consumer research, but hey, gotta work with what you have out there and maybe change it going forward at some point. Having people doing Morse code on their FOB ain't exactly ideal.

So what exactly are the four functions and how many times do you press it for each?
One short press: lock
Two short presses: unlock
Hold press: open/close frunk
Short press then hold press: open/close trunk

I'm assuming the update has just been released. I haven't got notification to update either yet so guessing it could take a few days to trickle out to all the cars

Ah, software customer comments.

“Why are you releasing software updates so infrequently? You should be releasing small updates as you fix each issue.”

Release small update.

“Is that it? Why didn’t you fix these 15 other things while you were at it?”

Last edited:
Ah, software customer comments.

“Why are you releasing software updates so infrequently? You should be releasing small updates as you fix each issue.”

Release small update.

“Is that it? Why didn’t you fix these 15 other things while you were at it?”
Well, the reason the expectations were high were that this release took what seems like a very long time.

Well, I think they might have designed it differently from the start if they actually performed any consumer research, but hey, gotta work with what you have out there and maybe change it going forward at some point. Having people doing Morse code on their FOB ain't exactly ideal.

▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄

I'm assuming the update has just been released. I haven't got notification to update either yet so guessing it could take a few days to trickle out to all the cars
Customer support just told me that 1.2.5 has not been released for customer cars.

So @hydbob got into the special members club 😛

Customer support just told me that 1.2.5 has not been released for customer cars.
They always say that if your car has not been tagged yet. It would be better for them to say “We are doing a phased rollout to ensure a smooth release. Your car will notify you when it is your turn” instead of “we have no idea what you are talking about! Thems crazy numbers, we don’t have that release”

(I emailed them asking also :) )

Objectively underwhelming. But as long as an update definitively improves or adds some functionality and doesn’t break or detract from anything else, I still consider that a win. Getting better and better!

Objectively underwhelming. But as long as an update definitively improves or adds some functionality and doesn’t break or detract from anything else, I still consider that a win. Getting better and better!
Certainly not an amazing update BUT at least the TIDAL threads will all come back to life ;).

Back