Release Version Megathread

I kind of feel like they saw the unrest building for software upgrades and so they decided to throw a small bone and maybe another couple will follow so they can stall until the next big update is actually ready. It kind of happened last time, there was a steady stream of minor upgrades that held owners at bay until those no longer satisfied anyone and then the big meaningful one finally dropped.

I kind of feel like they saw the unrest building for software upgrades and so they decided to throw a small bone and maybe another couple will follow so they can stall until the next big update is actually ready. It kind of happened last time, there was a steady stream of minor upgrades that held owners at bay until those no longer satisfied anyone and then the big meaningful one finally dropped.
Software engineers don't like branched release and back merging. It slows down velocity. I hope they aren't doing this to their dev team.

Software engineers don't like branched release and back merging. It slows down velocity. I hope they aren't doing this to their dev team.
We don’t like it, but we’ve all been there. “CEO says we have to ship SOMETHING today. Get it done.”

Fine. Here’s another function on the fob for the trunk.

The new fob function is a good test for dementia, as long as you can remember all four patterns you're doing ok.
I think I’ve even activated the panic combination so there must be a fifth one hidden in there somewhere. Maybe that’s a sign I’m not doing ok 😆 (it’s press four times fyi)

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to the Dolby Atmos Tidal improvements. Already sounds fantastic so very interested to see what's been improved.
I hope they increase the bass. The sound is good but my Porsche has the Bergneister sound system and makes the Lucid sound system sound cheap.

I hope they increase the bass. The sound is good but my Porsche has the Bergneister sound system and makes the Lucid sound system sound cheap.
I think you are the first person, at least on this board, to say that about the Lucid sound system! Wonder if @copper has access to a Porsche system to compare?

Add one of these in the trunk....
university-sound-30-woofer.jpg
;)

“Cheap” it definitely isn’t. A lot of folks like “boomy” bass but that is rarely an accurate representation of most music, though it can work well for some hip hop. The Lucid system is a very well-tuned system.

The Burmeister system on Porsches and Bentleys is very good but I have to disagree with you regarding the Lucid. Dolby Atmos on Tidal sounds better than the Porsche system.

To the uninformed newbie, how do I know when a software update is rolled out to my car? Is there a notice when you wake up the vehicle the first time after the update?

To the uninformed newbie, how do I know when a software update is rolled out to my car? Is there a notice when you wake up the vehicle the first time after the update?
If you have the app, it'll show up as a notification. Otherwise, you will see a dot on the settings wheel

OOC How visible is the dust/finger print marks to the naked eye?
Not remotely as bad as it looks. I never notice how bad my screen is until I attempt to take a picture and then see how much dust is in my car. Then I spend a few minutes trying to remember where the screen cleaning button is, as I can never seem to find it.

Not remotely as bad as it looks. I never notice how bad my screen is until I attempt to take a picture and then see how much dust is in my car. Then I spend a few minutes trying to remember where the screen cleaning button is, as I can never seem to find it.
Where is the cleaning button?

It’s under display settings. Can’t do it while car is in motion either
That's why you just grab your microfiber cloth and wipe it down without cleaning mode!

Back