Question on payment

GEWC

Verified Owner
Cars
Grand Touring
For those of you who have already paid for your cars, I am wondering if the wire transfer is a push or a pull. I emailed my DA but haven't heard back.

TIA.

For those of you who have already paid for your cars, I am wondering if the wire transfer is a push or a pull. I emailed my DA but haven't heard back.

TIA.
a WHAT?

ie, do you give them your bank info and they pull the money from your account or do you push (initiate the transfer) it to them?
Oh, okay, yea initiate the transfer to them. Sorry, never been on the pull side so wasn't familiar with the term.

You can do wire transfer (push) or ACH (pull). Wire transfer is always push. ACH involves connecting your bank account to them via Plaid (a service that facilitates payments). When they're ready to take your money, you'll get an email to log in to your Lucid profile and all the info on what to do is there.

You can do wire transfer (push) or ACH (pull). Wire transfer is always push. ACH involves connecting your bank account to them via Plaid (a service that facilitates payments). When they're ready to take your money, you'll get an email to log in to your Lucid profile and all the info on what to do is there.
Thanks - this is exactly what I needed to know. I was kicking myself for saying wire instead of money in my original post, since it made it confusing. My husband was hoping to do ACH.

I did the Plaid with them last night . Very easy.

But at end of today the money is still in my account. On my Lucid account is shows 0 balance due. Maybe they don't accept the money until the car ships ?

But at end of today the money is still in my account. On my Lucid account is shows 0 balance due. Maybe they don't accept the money until the car ships ?

ACH can take 2-4 business days to hit.

So I also just got the Docusign information and the request to pay. I tried to use their ACH through Plaid but it wouldn't connect to my Schwab account where the cash is sitting (not a bank account). So I switched and did a wire transfer from the Schwab account to their Wells Fargo account. But since it was after the wire transfer cutoff time, the actual funds will transfer first thing Monday morning and should be in the Lucid Group account by 11:00 am. My Advisor couldn't 100% guarantee but it appears my car is actually at the Millbrae Center going through the final inspection and detailing. So I'm hopeful I will have the car by mid week. FINALLY!! Celebrating with some 25 year old Glen Farcas!!

So I also just got the Docusign information and the request to pay. I tried to use their ACH through Plaid but it wouldn't connect to my Schwab account where the cash is sitting (not a bank account). So I switched and did a wire transfer from the Schwab account to their Wells Fargo account. But since it was after the wire transfer cutoff time, the actual funds will transfer first thing Monday morning and should be in the Lucid Group account by 11:00 am. My Advisor couldn't 100% guarantee but it appears my car is actually at the Millbrae Center going through the final inspection and detailing. So I'm hopeful I will have the car by mid week. FINALLY!! Celebrating with some 25 year old Glen Farcas!!
Awesome. If you send them the wire transfer receipt they might let you take the car haha. I know my transfer didn't even clear yet, but I sent the receipt and they were like, "okay here are the keys"

Yeah right!! I have to say I am so thankful for this forum. All the early adopters have been so helpful and reassuring and I'm really excited to finally be approaching the finish (or start) line.

Oh, add this to your list.

Ask them to show you reboot sequences and power the car down and back up to check screen loading. My car is in service for a couple days to replace a faulty module!

Oh, add this to your list.

Ask them to show you reboot sequences and power the car down and back up to check screen loading. My car is in service for a couple days to replace a faulty module!
Will do.

Congratulations!!

Guys - Im scheduled to pick my car tomorrow and I hit I may have screwed things up by making an ACH transfer (just for the tax portion etc) through my Lucid portal to pay via my PNC account. I know that it shows I have paid off the car completely but will the service center create an issue tomorrow? I wish they gave you some sort of advice on what to do rather than bombarding you with 'complete making your payments before delivery' email. Thoughts?

Guys - Im scheduled to pick my car tomorrow and I hit I may have screwed things up by making an ACH transfer (just for the tax portion etc) through my Lucid portal to pay via my PNC account. I know that it shows I have paid off the car completely but will the service center create an issue tomorrow? I wish they gave you some sort of advice on what to do rather than bombarding you with 'complete making your payments before delivery' email. Thoughts?
Well...they let Sam take his car for over a month without paying it off, should be fine right?

Back