Q3 production and deliveries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

quantum

Verified Owner
Whats up with Lucid not announcing deliveries yet? I remember Lucid saying 49k deliveries in 2023- they are struggling even to reach 20% of that number. How in the world can you be off with your projections by that much? You can't blame COVID/ Supply chain anymore. PIF backing might be makig them complacent.

Whats up with Lucid not announcing deliveries yet? I remember Lucid saying 49k deliveries in 2023- they are struggling even to reach 20% of that number. How in the world can you be off with your projections by that much? You can't blame COVID/ Supply chain anymore. PIF backing might be makig them complacent.
At the beginning of this year, they said 10k manufactured. They said nothing about deliveries.

They may have said something along the lines of what you said a few years ago, when everyone was predicting higher sales. But those days are long gone, and guidance was lowered significantly.

In retrospect, it seems management overestimated and overspent company cash in such huge factory production capacity.

build.jpg

4k cars built in Q4 would be the guidance. Cars built in Q4 count as 24' model year, right? It would make sense to wait to give those cars a longer shelf life in the eyes of the consumer.

One has to wonder if the price reductions across the EV industry are causing potential buyers to wait. We know the AGT retail price history and it is not pretty for us early adopters. We do not need to be convinced that the Air is a superior vehicle to any other even close to its current prices, but anyone watching aftermarket prices has to be concerned. Maybe Gravity will excite interest in the brand, but it will take a mass market offering of around $50,000 or less to gain market share. A mid-sized SUV in the $50k area would be a winner. That and much better publicity and performance for charging networks, particularly EA.

I am asked daily about my car, usually by current Tesla owners. To me, superior reliability, service, range, and driving dynamics will win in the long term and I trust that the PIF has a similar view.

One has to wonder if the price reductions across the EV industry are causing potential buyers to wait. We know the AGT retail price history and it is not pretty for us early adopters. We do not need to be convinced that the Air is a superior vehicle to any other even close to its current prices, but anyone watching aftermarket prices has to be concerned. Maybe Gravity will excite interest in the brand, but it will take a mass market offering of around $50,000 or less to gain market share. A mid-sized SUV in the $50k area would be a winner. That and much better publicity and performance for charging networks, particularly EA.

I am asked daily about my car, usually by current Tesla owners. To me, superior reliability, service, range, and driving dynamics will win in the long term and I trust that the PIF has a similar view.
Lucid should never compare/compete with Tesla or any other automaker, so to speak. Unfortunately, Lucid the company, and many (maybe even majority) of Lucid owners/investors seem obsessed with how Lucid is superior to Tesla in this and this and this...

Watch this or better yet read the book:
Simon Sinek on Competition, Business and the Infinite Mindset | Win-Win Podcast with Liv Boeree

I causes me severe dyspepsia ever time I see these numbers. It’s such a wonderful vehicle , but I think they are running into a myriad of problems, the main one being an inadequate charging infrastructure to make people comfortable with purchasing the car.
It does give me a little more solace to see some optimism from members here.
I know people may disagree but I think adopting NACS could be beneficial for them.
Anyway, hoping for better progress in the near future.

@Troll. Please clarify your point.

That’s down the drain! Lucid management made a gross miscalculation and took too long to get the Pure out. Even I realized more than a year ago, there is hardly any demand for the GT and Touring models. They should have just made the Pure RWD in single, dual motor.

Stick longer range battery in the Pure. Do it now, instead waiting another year! If you don’t know your market, if you can’t pivot, what’s the point?

A 500 plus mile range Pure will sell! Market doesn’t want fancy windows, window screens, soft close doors. They want range and ventilated seats!

If I can figure that out, why can’t Lucid?

Less than 1500 deliveries is abysmal!

That’s down the drain! Lucid management made a gross miscalculation and took too long to get the Pure out. Even I realized more than a year ago, there is hardly any demand for the GT and Touring models. They should have just made the Pure RWD in single, dual motor.

Stick longer range battery in the Pure. Do it now, instead waiting another year! If you don’t know your market, if you can’t pivot, what’s the point?

A 500 plus mile range Pure will sell! Market doesn’t want fancy windows, window screens, soft close doors. They want range and ventilated seats!

If I can figure that out, why can’t Lucid?

Less than 1500 deliveries is abysmal!

I think having an AWD option is of utmost importance, but I do agree that most don’t give a damn about soft close doors , etc.

@Troll. Please clarify your point.

There is no competition between Lucid and Tesla, or other automakers. What Lucid needs to do is to make good products (check) AND enough people want and buy such products (half check: there were 1,457 or less - in the case somebody took delivery of more than one - such people in Q3, 2023) AND in a sustainable way, i.e. profitably (not check).

To check :cool: if I'm actually a troll or not, please watch the video, at least the first 45 minutes. Some get it instantly, some not so, in which case it's worth to watch it slowly, multiple times, and mull over it.

Let me put it this way: anyone who understands that video, understands what approach Lucid should go.

This is your regularly scheduled friendly reminder that armchair quarterbacking is highly discouraged on this forum. (Read the guidelines.) We tend to be a little more tolerant on these types of threads, because it’s hard not to want to seek answers for numbers that we all find disappointing. But unless you are an auto CEO, try to keep in mind that your ability to determine a proper route of action for Lucid is rather limited. So, as you have been, try to keep any disagreements and advice framed in a respectful and constructive vein.

We appreciate your cooperation.

When I read about Lucid on other forums many of the posts go "...yea but..."
It's always from the sour grapes folk.
Owners know.

This is your regularly scheduled friendly reminder that armchair quarterbacking is highly discouraged on this forum. (Read the guidelines.) We tend to be a little more tolerant on these types of threads, because it’s hard not to want to seek answers for numbers that we all find disappointing. But unless you are an auto CEO, try to keep in mind that your ability to determine a proper route of action for Lucid is rather limited. So, as you have been, try to keep any disagreements and advice framed in a respectful and constructive vein.

We appreciate your cooperation.
Just giving feedback to Lucid management. Hope they read these posts. Their marketing research seems to be wrong. Why not add 500 plus mile battery in the cheapest version?? They have an amazing product. Why not selling? Poor sales scares people from buying. Becomes a vicious circle. To break it you need to change strategy. Hope they don’t do this to the Gravity!

Being an investor, I don’t mind letting Lucid management know my opinion. 1500 sales in 3rd quarter is very very bad!

Agree, I’m armchairing , but considering how the sales are going, and being an investor , I feel it’s important to get these points out.

Just giving feedback to Lucid management. Hope they read these posts. Their marketing research seems to be wrong. Why not add 500 plus mile battery in the cheapest version?? They have an amazing product. Why not selling? Poor sales scares people from buying. Becomes a vicious circle. To break it you need to change strategy. Hope they don’t do this to the Gravity!

Being an investor, I don’t mind letting Lucid management know my opinion. 1500 sales in 3rd quarter is very very bad!

Agree, I’m armchairing , but considering how the sales are going, and being an investor , I feel it’s important to get these points out.

The battery is the most expensive component of any EV. Why not add 500+ mile battery? Because then the car would have to be $130,000k+ And that car already exists.

The Pure's range is already better than anyone else in the industry, other than higher-priced Lucids.

Poor sales are occurring industry wide. Even Tesla's sales are way down this past quarter. And they are selling cars for around half what the Pure costs.

Interest in EVs at the moment, which are still too expensive, is waning. They are seen culturally as a luxury many can't afford. This hits Lucid harder than others, since they have far less brand recognition and leaned into Luxury at what turned out to be a bad time. (Not that anyone could predict that over 5 years ago when they were making their strategic choices.)

Peter has said time and again that when Lucid does go for a sub $50k car, it will likely have a smaller battery, not a larger one. That's just economics. But a mid-sized sedan that still gets 300 miles to a charge would easily put them in competition with the likes of the Model 3, which claims over 300 miles but never really gets it. And at that point, the Lucid will also carry with it a better reputation for higher status, thanks to the Air and Gravity.

There's almost nothing they can do in the short term to make their situation much better. Just keep executing. Make current customers happy. Keep trying to steal customers from Mercedes and BMW. Ride out the storm.

At least, that's what I would advise. But what would I know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back