Pure Standard Equipment

I have never been so torn between colors of an automobile. Cosmos silver looks classy. Quantum grey looks shiny. Fathom blue looks like it is unique and will have more of a luster than a shine.
My wife and I were completely set on red (we're so tired of every car being some shade of white/silver/grey/black. Then fathom blue was introduced and we are torn. We would love to see it in person before we pull the trigger but since it's exclusive to Pure, that may be easier said than done.

Fanthom blue looked great on video. I would get it if it were available on Touring. It will be the first production lot for Pure.

Any specs on basic Surreal Sound? I've seen hundreds of posts about Surreal Sound Pro but can't find anything on the basic version.

Any specs on basic Surreal Sound? I've seen hundreds of posts about Surreal Sound Pro but can't find anything on the basic version.
I asked this when I test drove a few weeks ago. I don't remember exactly what I was told but basically instead of 21(?) speakers, there are 12 or something. I can't imagine having the need to have that many speakers in a quite, electric car anyway. 12 seems like plenty. For reference, for the last two cars I've owned, one had just four speakers (one in each door), and my current BMW has a Harmon Kardon sound system. Can I tell the difference? Maybe? I'm certainly not somebody who's picky with sound systems and I will absolutely not be getting surreal sound pro.

My wife and I were completely set on red (we're so tired of every car being some shade of white/silver/grey/black. Then fathom blue was introduced and we are torn. We would love to see it in person before we pull the trigger but since it's exclusive to Pure, that may be easier said than done.
i was told by a BH SA that for now, phantom blue will make it's way to all the other trims at later dates (unsure when). sapphire blue is the only blue that will be exclusive

I asked this when I test drove a few weeks ago. I don't remember exactly what I was told but basically instead of 21(?) speakers, there are 12 or something. I can't imagine having the need to have that many speakers in a quite, electric car anyway. 12 seems like plenty. For reference, for the last two cars I've owned, one had just four speakers (one in each door), and my current BMW has a Harmon Kardon sound system. Can I tell the difference? Maybe? I'm certainly not somebody who's picky with sound systems and I will absolutely not be getting surreal sound pro.
Tesla just announced they will be supporting Dolby Atmos in their cars. No mention of pricing.

04:45 PM EST, 11/23/2022 (MT Newswires) -- Tesla (TSLA) has been reportedly collaborating with major record labels to bring the Dolby Atmos sound system to over one million Tesla cars, BGR, a technology website, reported Wednesday.

Dolby Atmos is a surround sound format from Dolby which uses height channels to interpret sound as 3D objects. It debuted in 2012 in Los Angeles and it has been used in movie theaters, home theaters, and cars.

Tesla just announced they will be supporting Dolby Atmos in their cars. No mention of pricing.

04:45 PM EST, 11/23/2022 (MT Newswires) -- Tesla (TSLA) has been reportedly collaborating with major record labels to bring the Dolby Atmos sound system to over one million Tesla cars, BGR, a technology website, reported Wednesday.

Dolby Atmos is a surround sound format from Dolby which uses height channels to interpret sound as 3D objects. It debuted in 2012 in Los Angeles and it has been used in movie theaters, home theaters, and cars.
Not all Dolby ATMOS are created equal. I have 3 ATMOS systems. It also need optimized hardwares and calibration

They also are adding the Apple Music App. I'm hopeful Lucid will do the same.

Does anyone know if the rwd configuration will have more range than the awd, or will they limit it with software or something like that?

Does anyone know if the rwd configuration will have more range than the awd, or will they limit it with software or something like that?
They would never limit range in software. Power, sure. But Lucid is hell bent on being on top of the range competition.

Touring came out ahead of their original estimates. My guess is they will tweak the RWD to get as much range out of it as possible. With the lighter weight, I could easily see it sticking to around 400 miles EPA. Could even turn out better than the AWD.

They would never limit range in software. Power, sure. But Lucid is hell bent on being on top of the range competition.

Touring came out ahead of their original estimates. My guess is they will tweak the RWD to get as much range out of it as possible. With the lighter weight, I could easily see it sticking to around 400 miles EPA. Could even turn out better than the AWD.
they software limited the Pure AWD pure power and efficiency. they're marketing the Touring as their most efficient trim

they software limited the Pure AWD pure power and efficiency. they're marketing the Touring as their most efficient trim
Why do you assume they purposefully limited the Pure AWD efficiency? Power, absolutely, for the same reason they limited the Touring vs. the GT. But efficiency happens to be better on Touring than the GT. Why would they limit the efficiency on the Pure but not the Touring? If the theory is that Lucid is making their cheaper cars less efficient on purpose, why that discrepancy?

Isn‘t it more likely that Touring’s combination of weight, power, and drag just happens to give it that few extra miles per kWh when they tested it?

Why do you assume they purposefully limited the Pure AWD efficiency? Power, absolutely, for the same reason they limited the Touring vs. the GT. But efficiency happens to be better on Touring than the GT. Why would they limit the efficiency on the Pure but not the Touring? If the theory is that Lucid is making their cheaper cars less efficient on purpose, why that discrepancy?

Isn‘t it more likely that Touring’s combination of weight, power, and drag just happens to give it that few extra miles per kWh when they tested it?
Touring has less power because it is 4 battery modules less

Based on Lucid's answers: They have stated the Pure AWD uses the same battery modules and motors as Touring. They have stated that the Pure AWD is lighter (due to less features) than but have the same drag as Touring. They said that the Pure AWD was software limited vs the Touring to differentiate the trims. They have said that Touring will be their most efficient trim for Air.

Pure's combination of weight, power, and drag should have given it a few extra miles per kwh when they tested it vs the Touring, but it is not, why is that? Typically with all other EVs, the lighter, less power trims have more range

Touring has less power than GT is due to the fact that Touring has 18 battery modules vs GT has 22 battery modules. The battery size has an effect on its power, as well as its max charging speed. However, the Pure has the same exact 18 battery module set up as Touring.

Based on Lucid's answers: They have stated the Pure AWD uses the same battery modules and motors as Touring. They have stated that the Pure AWD is lighter (due to less features) than but have the same drag as Touring. They said that the Pure AWD was software limited vs the Touring to differentiate the trims. They have said that Touring will be their most efficient trim for Air.

Pure's combination of weight, power, and drag should have given it a few extra miles per kwh when they tested it vs the Touring, but it is not, why is that? Typically with all other EVs, the lighter, less power trims have more range

Touring has less power than GT is due to the fact that Touring has 18 battery modules vs GT has 22 battery modules. The battery size has an effect on its power, as well as its max charging speed. However, the Pure has the same exact 18 battery module set up as Touring.
Metal roof?

Back