Pure Standard Equipment

Is this actually true? Seems unfair.
I was told this by my advisor as well so I did "finalize" my build. I put the "finalize" part in quotes b/c I think there is some room to make changes (especially if you want to add options) before the car goes to production.

Is this actually true? Seems unfair.
It’s been the policy since they increased the price. You have thirty days from the time they invite you to confirm your order to lock in the original pricing. After that, you default to the new pricing. Grand Touring reservation holders had far less time, as they were invited shortly thereafter. The folks with Pure reservations have had more than six months now to decide if they want to proceed.

How long are they supposed to honor a price that hasn’t been available since June?

If you “finalize” and then decide later you don’t want the car, you are only out the $300 deposit, by the way. They can’t make you buy the car.

It’s been the policy since they increased the price. You have thirty days from the time they invite you to confirm your order to lock in the original pricing. After that, you default to the new pricing. Grand Touring reservation holders had far less time, as they were invited shortly thereafter. The folks with Pure reservations have had more than six months now to decide if they want to proceed.

How long are they supposed to honor a price that hasn’t been available since June?

If you “finalize” and then decide later you don’t want the car, you are only out the $300 deposit, by the way. They can’t make you buy the car.
My SA messaged me and said that I can confirm, but I dont see the option on the dashboard. Does my time still count?

High end EVs are running Dual all-electric motors with total power output of 500+-hp and 500+ lb-ft of torque. Lucid needs to come close or equal those numbers to stay in the game.

High end EVs are running Dual all-electric motors with total power output of 500+-hp and 500+ lb-ft of torque. Lucid needs to come close or equal those numbers to stay in the game.
Lucid has up to 1050hp and 921 lb-ft of torque on their dual all-electric motor setup..? Isn't that a bit better than 500+?

Lucid’s “High end” Airs have anywhere from 800 - 1200+ hp.

The Pure is their entry-level car.

I was referencing cars in the Air Pure's price range.
If pure HP is the deciding factor, either go for the dual motor or buy a different entry level car. Lucid is a luxury brand and is priced as such, which means comparing it to a Hyundai or Kia is going to be apples and oranges.

I was referencing cars in the Air Pure's price range.
for the high-end EV market the air pure is in, the Air Pure AWD still beats the competition with 480hp and 443lb-ft

- porsche taycan has up to 402hp and 254lb-ft on overboost and launch mode
- mercedes eqe (unreleased) has up to 402hp, torque unreleased
- audi a6 e-tron (unreleased) has up to 469hp? max, torque unreleased
- bmw i5 xDrive40 (unreleased) is reported to have 326hp and 463lb-ft

5 seconds is fast enough for me for 0-60 BUT it suggests, to me that it might run out at high speed uphill passing where I want power and where many BEVs run out of power. If this is correct, that will mean a lot less than 450 HP.
I am not sure that 0-60 in 5 seconds can make you puke?? ;)

Seriously, I find that the value of 1111HP is on the highway going 75 and you want to pass another vehicle. You have instant power and it just keeps going. We drove the EQS 580 and it is not a slow car but at speed it seems to run out of power.

Back