Pure Standard Equipment

metal roof is lighter. supposedly there is no change to drag with a metal roof vs glass canopy?
I don’t know. My point is there are differences and Lucid is almost certainly not limiting *efficiency* via software. They’ve staked their whole company on the efficiency play.

Last edited:
I don’t know. My point is there are differences and Lucid is almost certainly not limiting *efficiency* vis software. They’ve staked their whole company on the efficiency play.
Precisely. Efficiency is a tent pole of the brand. If they could get 500 miles out of the Pure, believe me they would.

Something else has to be responsible for Pure not quite matching Touring. I refuse to believe they are making it less efficient on purpose.

Does anyone know if the rwd configuration will have more range than the awd, or will they limit it with software or something like that?
I'm assuming it will get a few more miles similar to the Taycan RWD vs 4S (Maybe another 10-15). I see no reason for them to limit the range, as it's a good way to get more customers. Lowest-priced trim with one of the best ranges available on any EV.

Precisely. Efficiency is a tent pole of the brand. If they could get 500 miles out of the Pure, believe me they would.

Something else has to be responsible for Pure not quite matching Touring. I refuse to believe they are making it less efficient on purpose.

the only guess I have is that they have different suspension setups. I dont think the pure comes with the adaptive suspension in touring which may be lower to the ground? pure maybe comes with a basic static suspension that is raised a little in comparison?

Based on Lucid's answers: They have stated the Pure AWD uses the same battery modules and motors as Touring. They have stated that the Pure AWD is lighter (due to less features) than but have the same drag as Touring. They said that the Pure AWD was software limited vs the Touring to differentiate the trims. They have said that Touring will be their most efficient trim for Air.

Pure's combination of weight, power, and drag should have given it a few extra miles per kwh when they tested it vs the Touring, but it is not, why is that? Typically with all other EVs, the lighter, less power trims have more range

Touring has less power than GT is due to the fact that Touring has 18 battery modules vs GT has 22 battery modules. The battery size has an effect on its power, as well as its max charging speed. However, the Pure has the same exact 18 battery module set up as Touring.
you are asking a question that you answered yourself? you said "pure awd was software limited" lol

can you share you found that statement?

the only guess I have is that they have different suspension setups. I dont think the pure comes with the adaptive suspension in touring which may be lower to the ground? pure maybe comes with a basic static suspension that is raised a little in comparison?
Pure AWD has same suspension has Touring. Not sure about Pure RWD

you are asking a question that you answered yourself? you said "pure awd was software limited" lol

can you share you found that statement?
The question is why software limit it? Especially when Lucid touts efficiency.

Is it to upsell more Touring over Pure for higher returns since they have stated that they don't have as many Touring reservations as GT or Pures?

These are statements made by sales and engineering when asked.

how impactful is the semi adapative suspension?
I can compare with Tesla Model Y performance and there’s noticeable difference in ride quality, it’s smooth and the high speed cornering on tight ramps which lucid rep told me to do, was amazing. I can compare it closely with M5 Competition suspension in terms of handling but way more smooth for a daily driver. Heck… anything I drive today feels smoother than M5 Comp suspension.
Overall, a very good balance of handling and ride quality.

Interesting so the extra $5k gets you awd, more power and a better suspension system? seems like a good deal.
Even without more power and better suspension, the ability to drive under different conditions was enough for me to pay $5k. I am not complaining at all if the power is limited in software in Pure AWD vs Touring. Firstly I don't plan to use even half the power of Pure AWD unless a kid in a tricked out ICE car making huge noise tries to show off or annoys me :) . Secondly, as a EE who knows a bit about motors and such I think that the stress on the motor and battery and power electronics is less if the power is less for the same motor and battery.

Still no HP on RWD Pure. I am getting emails from Lucid about confirming my reservation (they give me thirty days to do so and get the confirmed rates) but it is ridiculous that they are wanting us to commit to a vehicle that they won't spec out. This is why I picked up the Genesis GV60 Performance when a model suddenly popped up in my jurisdiction. I was willing to wait for the car but not to commit to ordering a car whose features aren't identified.

Still no HP on RWD Pure. I am getting emails from Lucid about confirming my reservation (they give me thirty days to do so and get the confirmed rates) but it is ridiculous that they are wanting us to commit to a vehicle that they won't spec out. This is why I picked up the Genesis GV60 Performance when a model suddenly popped up in my jurisdiction. I was willing to wait for the car but not to commit to ordering a car whose features aren't identified.

I assume it will be the same 480 HP. Each electric Motor (Drive Unit) in the car is capable of producing 650 HP (source: https://www.lucidmotors.com/media-r...-technology-powers-record-setting-performance). So I believe the AWD with two motors is software limited to 480 (I assume combined). They will probably limit the single motor in the RWD to 480 HP.

I assume it will be the same 480 HP. Each electric Motor (Drive Unit) in the car is capable of producing 650 HP (source: https://www.lucidmotors.com/media-r...-technology-powers-record-setting-performance). So I believe the AWD with two motors is software limited to 480 (I assume combined). They will probably limit the single motor in the RWD to 480 HP.
The fact the web site states “up to 480” right now for the Pure suggests to me the RWD will likely be less than 480. How much less is anyone’s guess. My best guess is that it will be somewhere around 450. They won’t want to limit it too much.

By confirmed rates, do you mean financing?

Back